hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Hello world. I'll need a bit of time to catch up. I probably won't use the "neighbor" threads all that much, so if you live next door, just talk to me here.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Can someone explain to me why the neighborhoods matter at all? The way I see it, talking there just hides critical information from the town. For example:
In post 502, Human Sequencer wrote:slysly posted something in the PT that makes me think they're town but also makes me question their sanity

misere is still silent

VOTE: Misere
It would be lovely to have records of what slysly posted.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by hapahauli »

VOTE: SlySly

Let's kill this guy.

Firstly, he's tunneled on a few players for shit and completely unbelievable reasons.
He's stuck with his same three reads since the first time he entered the thread. He has been continuously tunneling HS/Dunn/BTD trio without so much as entertaining other options.
In post 345, SlySly wrote:
In post 338, shannon wrote:Sly has voted HS most of the game, with extremely limited reasoning. He says Jin's post was "such obvious rvs sarcasm that anyone that took it seriously needs rope" and has relied on that the whole game. A hundred posts went by and he had almost no content other than HS vote memes. He's basically been tunneling, but hedging his bets by saying HS, Dunn, or BTD.
When you're right, there's no need to look for anything else.

HS even admits now Jin is obvtown.

HS is scum and Dunn or BTD is the buddy.
This post is very telling. As if taking sarcasm on the internet seriously is a scum-tell. Yet he takes this reasoning and confidently rides with it. You can tell he's not considering new information at all, he's just riding a bullshit tell to the bank as long as he can.

Secondly, he's far too dismissive of other cases, and shows none of the paranoia that townies typically have.
In post 254, SlySly wrote:
In post 249, nn30 wrote:Second - VOTE: Misere

This is l-1
Uh, I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.
Here he is, 10 days into Day 1 completely dismissive of the Misery wagon. Despite this, there is no evidence to suggest that he thinks Misery is town. Having read the thread, I find it insane that anyone could be so dismissive of the Misery wagon as this. Townies are paranoid, don't know alignments, and are untrusting.
SlySly flippantly acts like he knows Misery is town.
The closest thing that SlySly has to a rationale is the following:
In post 274, SlySly wrote:The deadline approacheth.

I'm not in support of a Misere lynch. nn30 already seems more helpful than the predecessor. Let's consolidate on HS.
This is indicative of a person pushing an agenda, and not seriously trying to find mafia.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 338, shannon wrote:Sly has voted HS most of the game, with extremely limited reasoning. He says Jin's post was "such obvious rvs sarcasm that anyone that took it seriously needs rope" and has relied on that the whole game. A hundred posts went by and he had almost no content other than HS vote memes. He's basically been tunneling, but hedging his bets by saying HS, Dunn, or BTD.

I'm going to requote this for emphasis, because I think it's the core of why SlySly is mafia.

Townies have no extra information. They are in the dark, paranoid, confused, and wrestle with new information as they struggle to solve a game.

SlySly's play is the exact opposite of this. His extreme confidence makes very little sense from a town perspective, much less from someone who constantly gives excuses about inactivity and his inability to keep up with the game. Consider the reasons he is scumreading HS and Dunn:
He's tunneling HS because HS took something sarcastic too seriously.
He's tunneling Dunn because of a bad wagon on Jin, which is absurd, since townies have bad suspicions all the time.

He's largely still relying on the same bad evidence, refusing to consider new evidence, and is confidently tunneled on his reads. You can further sees this as he refuses to even entertain the idea of lynching Misery or nn30. He doesn't help town consolidate on a wagon, and instead continues his ill-justified tunnels into the ground.

This is far beyond a townie being confirmation biased. SlySly is overly confident, isn't considering new information, has shit reasons for his reads, flippantly dismisses other cases that townies push for no particular reason, and has all this confidence while having a hard time keeping up with the game.

The conclusion should be pretty clear.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 529, BlackVoid wrote:That's actually a good point. SlySly
has
been pushing the same three reads since the beginning of the game.

@Hap - what are your other reads?
I'll get back to you in the morning. SlySly was the obvious mafia candidate I found for my first read-through. I have a couple of more read-throughs to go.

Also in general, I really dislike giving out reads unless I strongly feel that someone is town or mafia. The weak-town reads really make me ignore people I should be looking at more thoroughly. The weak-scum reads make me extremely confirmation biased.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 532, SlySly wrote:
In post 529, BlackVoid wrote:That's actually a good point. SlySly has been pushing the same three reads since the beginning of the game.
Put me at L-1 if you think it's scummy.

BTD was down with the bs lightly. HS started the major reach. Dunn strongly supported, and Dunn looks the same to me in a game I played with him where he was scum. No one else has stepped up scummier to me in this game. Why should I back off? Should I change my reads just because a slow boring game full of replacements and apathy has basically went nowhere up until this point?
The issue I have with your play is that you seem a lot more interested in "not backing off" than trying to find mafia. I cannot grasp how you can so casually dismiss the Misery wagon midday for non-existant reasons.

It's not very believable that you were so incredibly confident that mafia were in HS/Dunn/BTD to ignore everyone else in the game, especially given your constant excuses for inactivity and falling behind in the game.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by hapahauli »

I'm glad I could take BTD's place on your scum-read pedestal.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Gee gee. Sorry for the lynch SlySly. I posted the case, went to bed, and the day was over T_T

I had the mafia team as Blackvoid + Misere before getting spoiled in the Obs/Mod QT. It would have been very hard for me not to lynch Misere in LYLO.

Well played to mafia, especially Shannon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”