Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Lexa »

Well pros and cons to this. I think our only option after the mod kill is to have me block you while performing the kill, get auto lynched tomorrow and hope you can pull a lylo win against shannon. Likely have to keep Titus and shannon alive for that to work and push joat imbalance
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Lexa »

OR go risky and kill Titus leaving gin v shannon with same reasoning pushing a gin fakeclaim
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:24 am

Post by PranaDevil »

No point having Titus and me alive, Titus already doesn't believe me. I still like the idea of TB remaining alive as, despite recent stuff, he was calling me obv. town, I think I can spin things so that he believes me.

However, now Garmr has gone whacko, and we should have a night phase shortly, I suggest we off Titus, and you bring up shannon's previous post about Gin/TB (I was calling them obv. town, and I was bullshitting about you and shannon being a team, it'll throw them huge).

If we can get shannon to put a single vote on one of them, we wait until we're both on (I'll be able to give set times I'll be around for the next day phase, and will be keeping up to date regularly, so if you see a vote, post here a time for us to confirm we're around), and boom, double hammer.

With Gin or TB killed it means we have to deal with Titus tomorrow, and I don't like that, if only because I don't trust others to not just side with her and screw us over (which would be fine if she had good reasoning, being "caught" by VCA and not actual scum hunting is awful, because while she's got the right result, it's blatantly obvious the reasoning is god awful as she's ignored everything that was said. In fact, if I knew she was in a game, it would be ridiculously easy, as scum, to just use this all against her by following her reasoning and doing the exact opposite, and suddenly it doesn't work as she ignores reasoning behind stuff. Strong in a hydra with someone who actually reads though (but then Hydra's are shitty and I hate them, as suddenly you have two people playing one slot, which makes it overpowered by default).

But yeah, on topic... I say you NK Titus and be done with it. Gets her out of the way, and we can then use the stuff between the other two and shannon for the win, as I don't see shannon and them seeing eye to eye. Especially as I can start the day with an initial "either I was right and Lexa/shannon are the scum team because of me calling Gin/TB conf. town, or shannon was onto something with the Gin/TB scum team... but considering who's alive, I wonder if scum are expecting an easy mislynch thanks to Titus going rather than the "conf. town" slots of Gin and TB, as they will likely go for the obvious in myself or Lexa... especially as they know I was up for Lexa's lynch..." and just throw confusion in the ranks hopefully.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Lexa »

Which post are you referring to?
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Lexa »

Oh damn no night phase that's unexpected
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by mastina »

There's two mindsets to modkills: punish the faction as severely as possible, or remove the slot from the game. Conferring with reviewers/the listmod led to the latter.
I do apologize for the game's compromised nature. All I can do as a moderator is try to mitigate the damage done as best as possible.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Okay, I'm unsure of our plan tonight, I feel we have a few options:

1 - We kill Gin. This leaves TB/Titus/shannon

2 - We kill TB. This leaves Gin/Titus/shannon

3 - We kill Titus. This leaves Gin/TB/shannon

killing shannon is not an options, what worries me is that the block of Gin/TB/Titus seems unbreakable, and the only option is to utilize shannon for the victory. It will literally be shannon's vote, I feel, that will decide the game for us. If she votes either of us, I feel we're possibly screwed, especially if town work out that scum could do a double quick hammer on town to win, at which point TB and Titus will refuse to vote, and deem anyone of the other three who votes first auto-town, and, if they believe them, it may be game over.

I'm really not sure which I prefer, I think with Titus and shannon alive I could push my theory on that team, but who am I trying to get to believe me? i don't see Gin or TB ever deviating from Titus at this stage.

Thus, I think our absolute best bet is to kill Titus and play off shannon's previous theory of Gin/TB as the scum, plus then I can attempt to point out that I had suspicions of Titus when I wanted a No Lynch, why would I waste time arguing that, to then off her at night? Why not just buy into the possible idea and try lynching the wrong person?

Very WIFOM, but without Titus there to direct them, we may get away with it.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 105, mastina wrote:There's two mindsets to modkills: punish the faction as severely as possible, or remove the slot from the game. Conferring with reviewers/the listmod led to the latter.
I do apologize for the game's compromised nature. All I can do as a moderator is try to mitigate the damage done as best as possible.
Not your fault, Garmr's clearly a complete tit.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Is it just me... or is TB very easily led? I almost feel like now Titus isn't around... he's back to listening to me.

I also like the fact everyone felt I claimed when I so blatantly didn't...
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:11 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If I can get them to buy into a you/Titus scum team... we may have it. Especially if I somehow get Titus lynched first due to her easily being the scummiest of the two of you. But I really didn't have to dig hard to show all of her inconsistencies there.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 am

Post by Lexa »

What do you think about the idea of me "scum slipping" to get them to buy in to your arguments while they're hot?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I think I've got Gin on side. We simply remove Gin or TB tonight, and we're good... I like the idea of taking out TB, the "conf. town" as Titus wa leading to that all day, then tomorrow we do what we already said regarding getting an auto lynch the second a vote is placed, which I suspect will be shannon.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Oh my God, Gin just dared Titus that she wouldn't have the guts to kill him... and now we can simply kill TB, and use your RB on Titus play off the fact I queried her reasoning for getting everyone off your wagon in regards to the fact she will state she was RB'd, and we just lynch Titus tomorrow for the victory.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Lexa »

This was fucking glorious to wake up to
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Lexa »

Should I announce that I'm roleblocking you?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Nah, but claim you did tomorrow if asked by anyone other than titus.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Lexa »

So I roleblock Titus and kill TB?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Yeah, 100%.

This game should be in the bag right about now.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:54 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Is it bad that I'm actually eager to see Titus' in thread confusion as to the fact she was blocked? She's finished this day with a solid Gin/Prana team in her head... the fact she gets blocked means she knows for a fact you are scum, but nobody else is going to believe her because of her constant bouncing backwards and forwards... in fact it will read very much like she's trying to get us to go ahead with the previous plan of lynching you, and we can easily argue that whether you're scum or town, it's bad to lynch you as we can't be sure, but we "can" be sure of Titus' flip, Then we can discuss between us whether we believe Titus was bussing for credibility suddenly, or trying to force a mislynch, but either way, we never get to the next day.

Muahahahaha
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Lexa »

Using the one-shot to
roleblock Titus

Killing ThinkBig
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Lexa »

Ikr I love it, people like Garmr never realize the strength of your argumentation won't win you games alone, it's about how you can manipulate other people's perceptions of you that matters
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Yep, totally.

While Titus uses VCA (and even catches the wrong team), but proves it doesn't work by itself. Not reading the thread means it fails miserably as you lose all reasoning.

Like, no, I didn't feel like I was unable to get another wagon going when I bussed karnos... karnos had made himself impossible to avoid.

Day 2, I wasn't even around for the lynch, so VCA just ignores that entirely. Makes no odds whether I was town or scum there. I went to sleep, and wasn't even around from the start of the LQ wagon to when the thread was locked. How do you VCA that? It's legitimately not possible. In fact stuff like that is exactly why I tried using it to our advantage. I love VCA, it's a great way to catch scum, but only if used alongside actual scum hunting and looking at links within the thread as well, otherwise it's a total waste of time and effort as it ignores absolutely everything.

Plus, if I were to enter a game with Titus now, I'd be able to manipulate my position on wagons if I were scum purely to screw with her down the line. It's a total waste unless you actually play the game.

What's more, if VCA is all you can do, you may as well pick up a puzzle book from any corner shop and do those, because you damned sure ain't playing Mafia.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 119, Lexa wrote:Using the one-shot to
roleblock Titus

Killing ThinkBig
Confirming:
Lexa
is
roleblocking
Titus
;
Lexa
is
nightkilling
ThinkBig
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by mastina »

Scum Night Actions
LexaYou used your shot last night on
Titus
You have no powers remaining.
You chose to
nightkill
last night
ThinkBig
Day Five begins now.

PranaDevilYou choose to do nothing.
Day Five begins now.

Link to daystart for convenience.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Right, if we see ANY vote on someone, post in here, if we are able to both be on at the same time while there's a vote placed, we hammer it double quick, but only if we're both clearly on at the same time and know we are ready to hammer together. It all goes tits up otherwise. Obviously we can argue and try for a standard lynch, which is fine, but if we get a chance to hammer with both of us, that should override all else.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”