Can we have rule on "political slur"?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 am

Post by kuribo »

good fucking lord

you people make me glad i don't play anymore because you'd be left crying over my words
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2, -Grey- wrote:Hence my complaint that it was ogi.

OGI = outside game influence

that is stretching the definition of OGI so thin as to make it useless

that's like saying it's outside of game influence if you say you're posting less because of having a shitty day at work

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Also the fact that you ACTUALLY REPORTED HIM for "out of game influence" over that makes me think you're completely unreliable as a player, and reporting people in bad faith.

I personally wouldn't have a bad-faith reporter in any game that I modded. It's too much fucking headache to deal with that.

"Out of game influence"

man, get the hell out of here. And I will too because I'm actually getting more pissed the longer I stay in this shit thread.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:53 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 59, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1457, Realeo wrote:Yeah. Speak like a true Republican.
In post 1458, Realeo wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing you say is "Global warming is BS because politicians are twisting the shit out of what actually happened to spin a narrative."
THAT IS INDEFENSIBLE.

It's insulting but it's not out of game influence you disingenuous fuck, and the fact that you said you reported him for out of game influence is indefensible. Frankly, were I a skittle, I'd punish revenge-reporters anyway.

People like you make a fucking mockery of the reporting system. And honestly, if you think "Republican" is a slur, you've got some pretty soft fucking feelings. Grow the Fuck up and accept that mafia is a heated game and sometimes people let their emotions get the better of them. Or just keep whining about it, but for the love of all that is holy, stop abusing the fucking report system.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:56 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 28, -Grey- wrote:And even kuribo can't argue THAT.

And ants shouldn't presume to speak with gods, so don't be name dropping grown folks into your childish semantics.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:57 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 96, -Grey- wrote:Catch up or shut the fuck up kuribo.

YOU CANT TELL ME TO SHUT UP THATS PERSONAL

REEEEEEEE

REEEEEEE

IM TELLING MOMMY

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:58 am

Post by kuribo »

Why do you expect an apology from someone who isn't sorry?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:59 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 98, -Grey- wrote:
In post 51, -Grey- wrote:You CAN'T FUCKING DEAL with the fact that I pointed out how your bullshit was overall indefensible despite my original clumsy writing, SO YOUR RETURN TO SPLITTING HAIRS ON OLD CONTENT THAT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT
In post 57, -Grey- wrote:
In post 54, -Grey- wrote:not being a flaming douchebag towards others isn't a concept that should have to be rigorously defended.
In post 64, -Grey- wrote:Courtesy would have been to apologize.

Courtesy would have been to resolve the matter privately.

You only sought validation. You care nothing about courtesy.
And you're being a pretty big douchebag yourself. I think you owe all of humanity an apology. Or at least the people of this site.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:01 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 102, -Grey- wrote:
In post 100, kuribo wrote:Why do you expect an apology from someone who isn't sorry?
That's precisely my point about why him starting this topic was just mental masturbation

I agree that the topic itself was pointless and should have been locked. Shit like this is why we don't allow call out threads.

My other point is that you still acted in bad faith and your behavior in this thread does not make you look like you're any better than him.

People argue in mafia. Get Fucking over it. It's literally a game about arguing with people. You're not gonna get along with everyone.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:04 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 104, -Grey- wrote:I have no incentive to treat someone better than they treat me.
No but you can just accept that he was a dick one time instead of arguing about it for four pages.

And yeah I get that's pretty rich coming from me but I speak from experience here, not common sense.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:26 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 107, Nexus wrote:Be civil or stop talking.

Don't use Hitler as in insult in a game. Probably don't compare people to Donald Trump in game,
just in case.

Just follow the general "don't be a dick" rule. If you feel like you might cross that line, rephrase it or don't say it.

I'm bored of this backbiting. -Grey-, kuribo and Realeo, be civil to each other or put each other on ignore. I'm bored of watching you argue in circles.
I don't have too much of a problem with Grey, like yeah, I use foul language but I do find it personally irresponsible when people abuse the report system.

I'm not even defending the Hitler comparison, because it's uncalled for.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 106, -Grey- wrote:As long as you recognize your hypocrisy, can't ask more than that.
Hypocrisy regarding being dicks to one another, that's pretty much why I stopped playing. And when I have played in the last year or so, I've made it a point to tone it down and not be hostile. I became uncomfortable with the level of vitriol I was spewing into games. Don't get me wrong, there's an acceptable amount of vitriol, but I always had a hard time keeping it to just the right amount.

And yes, hypocrisy regarding continuing fights for page after page. Hypocrisy if you call it that, but I see it as recognizing my own faults and not wanting others to follow suit. "Do as I say not as I do" has practical application when you understand that the thing you're doing is often self-destructive.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #115 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:31 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 113, -Grey- wrote:
In post 112, kuribo wrote:I do find it personally irresponsible when people abuse the report system.
You misunderstood my actions

I didn't use
the report system
. I reported him to
the game moderator
Okay then, fair enough. Even such, my other point was that it wasn't "out of game influence" and I provided examples. So if I misunderstood your action, I apologize. Would I have reported someone to the game moderator for comparing me to Hitler? Probably not. Do I, at the very least understand why one would take offense? Absolutely. And for the record, there are lines that even I don't cross. I don't think I've ever compared another poster to Hitler, though I've probably said worse things than that which were equally offensive.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:05 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 116, Accountant wrote:Let's face it, if you went into a game and called someone scum and someone told you your scumread was similar to Hitler's arguments, you'd probably find it more amusing than anything.

Yeah I probably wouldn't care to be honest. I'd probably counter with an offensive joke. (IF IM HITLER I GUESS ID BEST FIRE UP THE OVEN CAUSE YOUR ASS IS GETTING ROASTED TODAY) failing that, I'd take it as evidence they don't have an argument and are probably scum.

I think the thing that pissed me off most that a player said in a game was "I can see why your wife left you." This was about a month after my separation and I legit believe I'd have beaten the piss out of that guy had we been in person.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 121, -Grey- wrote:Another pristine example of why things that have no bearing to the game should be left the fuck out of it.

That was a really shit thing to say and I hope he {redacted} of {redacted} IRL.
It's a dick thing to say, but again, it's not the point of the out-of-game-influence rule.

And no, he didn't. Fuck that guy.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #129 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 am

Post by kuribo »

You do understand OP was the one that called the other guy hitler right?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:40 am

Post by kuribo »

I'd say Byzantine more than draconian

Return to “Mafia Discussion”