Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Moth I get you're from another site but arguing about theory isn't really helping anyone.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Elemental
Trinity
Mafia:

Votecount 1.82:

The Glitter Patrol (2): McMenno, Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert (1): The Glitter Patrol
PeregrineV (1): Creature
MariaR (1): Transcend
No Bullying Allowed (1): nancy
Transcend (1): MariaR
KFC (1): No Bullying Allowed
RachMarie (1): Moth
Moth (0):
Postie (0):
nancy (0):
Davesaz (0):
Yume (0):
McMenno (0):
TiphaineDeath (0):
Creature (0):
Infinity 324 (0):
Frozen Angel (0):

Not Voting: Postie, TiphaineDeath, PeregrineV, KFC, RachMarie, Davesaz, Frozen Angel,
Yume
, Infinity 324

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch.
The day will end in (expired on 2017-03-01 23:00:00).

Seeking replacements for Vecna and FA. Doing votecount now.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2024, The Glitter Patrol wrote:
In post 1997, Infinity 324 wrote:Hey jae! Let's work together this game for once. I like the direction your going so far, I'm not sure if I agree with you on transcend but I haven't seen a lot of his posts. I definitely agree with you here though from what I've seen and I agree with you that postie is off from the games I've read of hers.
Well you're conftown this time so that helps :P Also I still think you shouldn't meta read me without having seen my full range but meh. It's less frustrating when it's not a scumread.

So my main suspicions currently are in {Postie, NBA, Transcend, LUV, nancy}
Lower suspicion on FA slot but she's a lot harder to read once I made that push on her and things started getting personal. I'm hoping someone easy to read replaces in there.

Postie because she's off in tone and the whole RM read, but I also remember really disliking early game a jump on my wagon.
NBA is omgus'ey so I'm inclined to throw my thoughts out there until I can regroup with a reread, because I know Alisae is all over the place as town too, I just expect him to be able to read me, especially given I feel he should know the emotional range I've expressed this game is genuine having hydra'd with me and being friends outside of MS.... but again, omgus'ey type burden of proficiency read on a friend so I might throw that out. We'll see what I get in the reread, especially considering something that I picked up that I legit missed every time.
Transcend just feels opportunistic and like he was trying to buddy FA. The subtle shade throwing at Postie doesn't look like distancing though, it felt more like he was trying to set groundwork there for later or feel out support of a lynch there.
LUV is really off. Tonally and progression-wise. Usually I can look at his conclusions and see some potential town thought process but I'm getting zero of that here.
nancy I'm wary of whiteknighting me and potentially buddying. Could be nothing, idunno.

I haven't been following as closely the past day or so. Weekends are really bad for me because of home duties and such.

~Jae
Cool! I'll keep an eye out. Again, from what I've read I'm on the same page with a lot of this, at least in terms of feels.

What did you think about the posts I voted NBA over? Would ali suddenly start townreading a highly suspected slot as scum?

And I'll keep an eye on you too just because you said so :P I think this is town!math though.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Just wanted to say that lazy!transcend reminds me more of town!transcend though I've only played one game with him as scum. That's the only thing I've got for him so far though.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by The Glitter Patrol »

In post 2020, moth wrote:Okay so are we entertaining the notion scumteam could be RM, Yume, Peregrine, KFC, TD then?
In post 2022, moth wrote:Above post is @glitter since you felt the need to find a very homerun 4th and 20 example to refute my theory.
In post 2023, moth wrote:@glitter do you have any examples of games where the top 5 posters were all scum and they led town off a cliff?
No I don't, I'm sure a game exists out there though. Alignments are randomized and as such can fall on people who are just naturally lurkers or who are naturally active or who are naturally jokesters.

I'm saying that you should hunt each person individually and not stress over "there must be x scum in the lurkers" because that isn't a reliable way to hunt. Hunt people based off play. If all the actives seem town to you then you can process of elimination to scum being in the lurkers. Even then, keep hunting the actives imo because you might pick up something you didn't earlier.

I highly recommend reading a game here or playing a newbie game to get an idea of the differences in scumhunting.

~Jae
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by moth »

Yes. I do know how to scumhunt. Thanks for the subtle attempt at discrediting me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Moth, different sites can have drastically different metas and as such it can be difficult to switch from one to the other. That's why I think jae suggested you play in a newbie or read a game, not because you don't know how to scumhunt or to discredit you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by moth »

I find it a bit frustrating to play because each case I posit, quote I supply is met with "nah that isnt their meta -- you just dont know them like we do".

Am I supposed to just assume nobody ever changes -- or rather nobody is capable of a meta that is indistinguishable from another?
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by moth »

There is definetely something off about yume.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2032, moth wrote:I find it a bit frustrating to play because each case I posit, quote I supply is met with "nah that isnt their meta -- you just dont know them like we do".

Am I supposed to just assume nobody ever changes -- or rather nobody is capable of a meta that is indistinguishable from another?
I know, it's tough. Another thing about a new site. Just do your best with the info you have.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 pm

In post 2027, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2024, The Glitter Patrol wrote:
In post 1997, Infinity 324 wrote:Hey jae! Let's work together this game for once. I like the direction your going so far, I'm not sure if I agree with you on transcend but I haven't seen a lot of his posts. I definitely agree with you here though from what I've seen and I agree with you that postie is off from the games I've read of hers.
Well you're conftown this time so that helps :P Also I still think you shouldn't meta read me without having seen my full range but meh. It's less frustrating when it's not a scumread.

So my main suspicions currently are in {Postie, NBA, Transcend, LUV, nancy}
Lower suspicion on FA slot but she's a lot harder to read once I made that push on her and things started getting personal. I'm hoping someone easy to read replaces in there.

Postie because she's off in tone and the whole RM read, but I also remember really disliking early game a jump on my wagon.
NBA is omgus'ey so I'm inclined to throw my thoughts out there until I can regroup with a reread, because I know Alisae is all over the place as town too, I just expect him to be able to read me, especially given I feel he should know the emotional range I've expressed this game is genuine having hydra'd with me and being friends outside of MS.... but again, omgus'ey type burden of proficiency read on a friend so I might throw that out. We'll see what I get in the reread, especially considering something that I picked up that I legit missed every time.
Transcend just feels opportunistic and like he was trying to buddy FA. The subtle shade throwing at Postie doesn't look like distancing though, it felt more like he was trying to set groundwork there for later or feel out support of a lynch there.
LUV is really off. Tonally and progression-wise. Usually I can look at his conclusions and see some potential town thought process but I'm getting zero of that here.
nancy I'm wary of whiteknighting me and potentially buddying. Could be nothing, idunno.

I haven't been following as closely the past day or so. Weekends are really bad for me because of home duties and such.

~Jae
Cool! I'll keep an eye out. Again, from what I've read I'm on the same page with a lot of this, at least in terms of feels.

What did you think about the posts I voted NBA over? Would ali suddenly start townreading a highly suspected slot as scum?

And I'll keep an eye on you too just because you said so :P I think this is town!math though.
Yeah this is blatantly town!Math, which is part of the reason I really dislike that FA decided that and then did a flip later. Anyways...

I'm glad we're on the same page because quite frankly I'm sick of the shade being thrown on us for stating those opinions. I do recommend reading up when you get the time. My transcend case wasn't perfect, as you know it's not really my strong point, but I think I had some good points. That said, Titus specifically didn't want Trans lynched unless he was still alive a day before lylo. LUV voted us right after her desperado shot on your slot too which both her and ThinkBig pointed out as a problem.

Currently I'm leaning LUV lynch. I need to reread and then touch base with Math again.

As for the Alisae question... LAMIST & buddying up to LUV seemed to be what you voted them for. Nothing that I haven't seen town!Alibae do tbh, which I would have pointed out but you unvoted anyways. There's good and bad posts. Associative stuff will probably come more into my attempts at reading them.

~Jae
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:31 pm

And I haven't seen a scum game of Alibae's yet so I can't exactly answer what he would/wouldn't do as scum.

~Jae
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 2020, moth wrote:Okay so are we entertaining the notion scumteam could be RM, Yume, Peregrine, KFC, TD then?
I'm not even mentioned? I feel legit insulted
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:31 pm

@moth just popping on to answer a quick question. I kinda wanna let Jae play some since we're supposed to be helping each other.
My scum games have the scums be active posters.

First scum game on site, bji and I were the most active.

Lurking/not lurking to me is NAI.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d

~~Math
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Also worth noting is that the past two VCs have had Yume's name colored blue.

~Jae
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by moth »

Current Reads:
Transcend - was a strong desperado shot candidate. Has been wishy washy at times. Lazy a bit. -null

Glitter - still not sold. They seem to disagree with mostly everything I say. And finally they townread me. Which was like pulling teeth. -slight scum (also influenced the shot)

FA- annoying posted 366 times. Distracted. Used AtE.
-very scummy for telling titus to shoot but gave no inclinations or reads as to whom to shoot at.

NBA- Town (reaction to Voices saying he had a gun)
Mariar - Town
Creature - Town
LUV - Town
Peregrine - Null (may have influenced the shot on town because hes scum)
Postie - Null ( I want to see why he townread me so fast and why he implied glitter and NBA cant both be town or both be scum.)

TD-Scum
RACH-Scum
Yume - Scum

KfC - town for meta reasons (see I can be annoying as fuck too)

Thats all. I forgot you if you arent listed.
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by moth »

Ah shit mcnennon. You started looking townier lately but youve only tunneled me all game. It feels like its causing you physical pain to concede I might be a benevolent spirt
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Moth don't take my word I'm town. If you're a meta person you can have as many town or scum games as you like. You can make the opinion for yourself :)

We're town.
~~Math
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by moth »

In post 2039, The Glitter Patrol wrote:Also worth noting is that the past two VCs have had Yume's name colored blue.

~Jae

Wtf why is she highlighted?
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:37 pm

That's a good point thanks partner!

~~Math
No Bullying Allowed
No Bullying Allowed
Goon
No Bullying Allowed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by No Bullying Allowed »

In post 2040, moth wrote:NBA- Town (reaction to Voices saying he had a gun)
This is a bad reason to be townreading me imo.
-Akarin
Hydra of ssbm_Kyouko and Alisae
The Glitter Patrol
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
The Glitter Patrol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm

In post 2045, No Bullying Allowed wrote:
-Akarin
I don't think there is a good reason to be town reading you.

~~Math
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1987, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Maria: Why is your avi always that character? Been wanting to know for a while.
The person in my avi IS Maria.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
moth
moth
Goon
moth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by moth »

In post 2045, No Bullying Allowed wrote:
-Akarin
The first thought I had on reread was...

"Desperado will see that as scum worried about dying and shoot them ---- which would result in titus dying if you were town".

So it made me pause and I decided it was possible you were actually worried he was a kill role other than desperado (normal vig).
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

95% percent sure Moth isn't scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”