Can we have rule on "political slur"?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:54 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 46, Accountant wrote:Curious: Grey, supposed someone with their location set as Texas, USA flipped Vigilante, and someone went "hah! Of course the Texan flips vig!" is that OGI?
By Grey's definition (the first sentence)
In post 2, -Grey- wrote:You lashed out with intent to insult using content that was not related to the game in any way.

It doesn't matter what the content
was

It matters what it
wasn't

Hence my complaint that it was ogi.

OGI = outside game influence
It's an OGI. What does Texas has anything to do with the game?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

You CAN'T FUCKING DEAL with the fact that I pointed out how your bullshit was overall indefensible despite my original clumsy writing, SO YOUR RETURN TO SPLITTING HAIRS ON OLD CONTENT THAT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:59 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 27, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1517, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1, Keybladewielder wrote:22) Don't be a prick.
Realeo, all your hairsplitting doesn't mean shit because you can't escape the fact you broke the shit out of this rule.

Stay the fuck away from me kthx.
There's your precious rule, Realeo.

Since you can't manage to be a decent human being without someone spelling out what decency is, I'll even break it down more than that:

Making unfounded assumptions about people's meatworld life to use to insult them in a game falls under the "don't be a dick" rule.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:04 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 48, -Grey- wrote:
In post 46, Accountant wrote:Curious: Grey, supposed someone with their location set as Texas, USA flipped Vigilante, and someone went "hah! Of course the Texan flips vig!" is that OGI?
Nice strawman.

If it only had a brain!
>tfw legitimately trying to understand your pov without making any point geared towards one side or another and gets called a strawman
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:10 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 53, Accountant wrote:
In post 48, -Grey- wrote:
Nice strawman.

If it only had a brain!
>tfw legitimately trying to understand your pov without making any point geared towards one side or another and gets called a strawman
A) There is a difference between a tongue in cheek remark and hateful bile.
B) Texans on the whole tend to be proud of their firearms, which shows broad generalizations are not limited to hate-mongering.
C) I can't count to potato anymore, so I have to use letters now.
J) It still feels like hair-splitting because not being a flaming douchebag towards others isn't a concept that should have to be rigorously defended.
---
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Realeo »

A) There is a difference between a tongue in cheek remark and hateful bile
A. How does "You speak like a Republican" is not a tongue in cheek?

B. But isn't people are different on what is tongue in cheeck and hateful?

--
Let me give some background:

In Indonesia, non ad-hom political attack is not a problem as long as it doesn't involve religion or race. We find that as the benefit of democracy.

I don't know what about America feels. I thought American feels ok because it's a free country. T S O says "American say ok." -Grey- says "American say No."

Because what is "You're a prick!" ok or "You're fine!" is subjective when it comes to politic and where you came from, let us make a rule to avoid other incident.

I used the example of how Asian sees Hitler in OP because most scummies is American and it's safe to assume that American can relate to Hitler. If I use example of how Indonesian works in OP, people would feel disconnected because they don't know what is Indonesia (other of where Obama came from)

I must have been repeating this multiple times. How hard is this to understand?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:15 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 49, -Grey- wrote:
In post 44, -Grey- wrote:You reached for meatworld controversy to win an argument on the interweb.

It's fucking sad.
In post 45, -Grey- wrote:We shouldn't NEED to spell out something as simple, and tedious, as all the obvious shit that is used by trolls everyday to inflame and incite others.

Politics
Race
Religion
Sexual orientation
Geographic location
Height
Weight
Physical defects
Mental defects
...Etc, etc

The list goes on and on. Anywhere there is a difference between two people, there is the potential for controversy and ridicule, but the one thing they all have in common is that they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME so they shouldn't be brought into it.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:16 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 54, -Grey- wrote:not being a flaming douchebag towards others isn't a concept that should have to be rigorously defended.
---
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 54, -Grey- wrote:not being a flaming douchebag to--
In post 32, Realeo wrote:I WASN'T INSULTING YOU AT THAT GAME.

WHY ARE YOU
SO DESPERATE
WANT TO BE INSULTED?

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:20 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1457, Realeo wrote:Yeah. Speak like a true Republican.
In post 1458, Realeo wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing you say is "Global warming is BS because politicians are twisting the shit out of what actually happened to spin a narrative."
THAT IS INDEFENSIBLE.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:21 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 56, -Grey- wrote:
In post 49, -Grey- wrote:
In post 44, -Grey- wrote:You reached for meatworld controversy to win an argument on the interweb.

It's fucking sad.
In post 45, -Grey- wrote:We shouldn't NEED to spell out something as simple, and tedious, as all the obvious shit that is used by trolls everyday to inflame and incite others.

Politics
Race
Religion
Sexual orientation
Geographic location
Height
Weight
Physical defects
Mental defects
...Etc, etc

The list goes on and on. Anywhere there is a difference between two people, there is the potential for controversy and ridicule, but the one thing they all have in common is that they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME so they shouldn't be brought into it.
---
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Grey, I disagree that what realeo said is reportable or indefensible and just the fact that me and others disagree with you means it's ambiguous.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Clearly real didn't know where the line was but he wants to know. Dismissing that and insisting he should know is silly.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Realeo »

You know what, if you insists that you're being insulted when you're not, by all means,
please be insulted
regardless of whether I actually insult you or not.

Please do.

I hope you are angry. I really do.

If -Grey- is angry => -Grey- is happy, I can only hope for your happiness.

Fun Fact: My life doesn't change whether you find peace or hate.

It was a common courtesy to rectify any misunderstanding.

Good Bye.

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 am

Post by -Grey- »

Courtesy would have been to apologize.

Courtesy would have been to resolve the matter privately.

You only sought validation. You care nothing about courtesy.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:27 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 61, Infinity 324 wrote:Grey, I disagree that what realeo said is reportable or indefensible and just the fact that me and others disagree with you means it's ambiguous.
In post 62, Infinity 324 wrote:Clearly real didn't know where the line was but he wants to know. Dismissing that and insisting he should know is silly.
You sound like a Muslim, demonizing anyone you disagree with.

Next thing you know, you'll be calling me an infidel and blowing me up with a suicide vest.

(Since such bigotry is fair game, I'm sure you're not offended by this)
---
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 65, -Grey- wrote:You sound like a Muslim, demonizing anyone you disagree with.

Next thing you know, you'll be calling me an infidel and blowing me up with a suicide vest.

Not only does this violate your own rule about being a dick, it is also a strawman - Infinity clearly does not think bigotry is fair game, and any reasonable/good faith reading of their posts would support that.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:41 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 66, Accountant wrote:
In post 65, -Grey- wrote:You sound like a Muslim, demonizing anyone you disagree with.

Not only does this violate your own rule about being a dick, it is also a strawman - Infinity clearly does not think bigotry is fair game, and any reasonable/good faith reading of their posts would support that.
Amazing how perspective changes opinions, isn't it?

Post 61, which you conveniently omitted, details why Infinity should have no problem with the text you did quote.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:51 am

Post by -Grey- »

(I will say that I don't have any hate for Infinity - or Muslims. I'm just giving him an example of how it feels to be on the receiving end of such detritus)
---
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Accountant »

Oh, this arguing is really tedious. Let's just skip to the part where we determine who is right.

@Infinity: Was your post 61 signalling that you had no problem with bigoted speech?

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 am

Post by -Grey- »

Bite-sized chunks for you, then.

What Realeo said:
In post 59, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1457, Realeo wrote:Yeah. Speak like a true Republican.
In post 1458, Realeo wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing you say is "Global warming is BS because politicians are twisting the shit out of what actually happened to spin a narrative."
What Infinity said about what Realeo said:
In post 61, Infinity 324 wrote:Grey, I disagree that what realeo said is reportable or indefensible and just the fact that me and others disagree with you means it's ambiguous.
Excuse me, isn't deduction like, a central tenet to the game MafiaScum?

Why do you act like there's nothing to conclude from the fact Infinity has zero objections to Realeo's posts?
---
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Accountant »

I think that no amount of deduction can overrule a person's own authority over their mind. I think that it is dangerous, rude and extremely bad behavior to attempt to instruct someone on what is inside their mind.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 am

Post by Accountant »

And, like, Infinity thinking that it's not reportable or indefensible for Realeo to say "spoken like a true Republican" does not imply that they believe that it's okay for you to say "all Muslims demonize people they don't agree with". That is a strawman.

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 am

Post by -Grey- »

No, it's not.

Realeo made a bigoted generalization.
I made a bigoted generalization.
---
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Accountant »

The generalizations are different in the level of loadedness and bigotry that they represent and the context is widlly different.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”