Post Post #244 (isolation #0) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 242, JDodge wrote:
In post 241, Narninian wrote:
In post 239, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 234, JDodge wrote:Murder in Small Town X

I think the real question is do you take /pre-ins

this

No, we'll be doing applications, but I'll gladly keep a list of people to inform once we're ready to go.

Hey, we should talk. JDGA and I have been putting together a similar style game. If you want (no obligation) we can all put our heads together and see if our ideas can mesh. If they don't, no big deal and we can run our own separate games.

But I like the way your mind works, so I'd really like to pick it.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #271 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:00 pm

you cook at home and anonymously submit recipes?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #799 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:47 am

oh dear god it's Tengaged's survivor.

Run.

Run very fucking far away.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #814 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:24 pm

In post 812, BipolarChemist wrote:I got bored and planned the whole thing!

10-14 Player Survivor game that might be a marathon, might be skype based, might be anonymous and on AIM! Who knows!

(this would be like a one night thing! My estimates put this at taking up to 6 hours, judging on my timings and previous games like this!)

(Dibs on being Newfoundland)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #859 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:59 am

In post 854, KingdomAces wrote:Okay, what even is Blood vs. Water?

And the problem with Heroes vs. Villains is that it would be kind of hard to determine who would be what, and that could cause the drama to start before anyone even sends a PM. That is, unless the applicants are the ones who decide which one they are, which would kind of be defeating the point?

well on top of that, HvV is an all-star format, so you're looking at a game not open to public consumption, but rather open on an invite basis, based on performance.

And your invite designates what tribe you are, and at that point having any kind of anonymous game is just defeating the purpose.

So HvV would need to either strip away from the way Survivor games are done here (go non-anonymous, make it invite only, have players vote on who is a hero who is a villain, and have the mods make a final say of 20 people, 10 H 10 V) OR it would need to defeat the purpose of HvV from the outset, just arbitrarily naming anonymous players to 2 different tribes, at which point you just basically have a vanilla survivor.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #863 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:16 am

Isn't that just Fans vs. Favourites then, Crazy?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #864 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:23 am

I kinda feel like we're heading towards an EDGIC survivor or a Myers-Briggs survivor or something where people are classified as players on some sort of personality system that is more interesting and varied than HvV.

Which is kind of interesting, honestly.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #889 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

In post 888, Flameaxe wrote:Could have fooled us

So mean~

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #915 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 am

Mole or Genius please god yes. :)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #919 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:50 am

In post 916, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 915, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Mole or Genius please god yes. :)

You already know from the mole thread were working on one :p

If there were 3 MS mole games being run at once, I would play in all 3 without a hint of shame or hesitation.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1083 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:37 am

Flameaxe where's my Mole game :(

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1114 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 am

In post 1113, xofelf wrote:It's a good thing this isn't just the Survivor Game thread then!
I don't actually see why? There hasn't been with the times Mario has been reused, and has it been REUSED. Whether as part of themes under a Survivor, or the entire theme of one, or the theme of an Endurance, or
Mole.
Having different mods is enough to differentiate one would think. The first K-Scope Pokemon also used Pokemon as player characters. But you know what has only been done once in a Pokemon theme? The Trainers themselves. If you really feel the entire burning need to make it drastically different, there's the thing that has only been done once with TBO's Arena.
lol jk this will never happen.

:(

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1125 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:36 am

In post 1123, KingdomAces wrote:I don't think SSBM would really work if you go for competitive play. The mod would be forced to play Fox, but then that doesn't leave a single character for anyone else to play.

Spoiler:
Okay Marth, Sheik, Falco, Falcon, Jiggs, Peach, Pikachu, Luigi, Samus, and possibly Gannondorf would also be possible, but I literally can't think of anyone else I've seen played. Though I guess someone could be Randall also...
HUNGRYBOX'S JIGGLYPUFF SAYS HI

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1126 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:37 am

In post 1124, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 1114, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1113, xofelf wrote:It's a good thing this isn't just the Survivor Game thread then!
I don't actually see why? There hasn't been with the times Mario has been reused, and has it been REUSED. Whether as part of themes under a Survivor, or the entire theme of one, or the theme of an Endurance, or
Mole.
Having different mods is enough to differentiate one would think. The first K-Scope Pokemon also used Pokemon as player characters. But you know what has only been done once in a Pokemon theme? The Trainers themselves. If you really feel the entire burning need to make it drastically different, there's the thing that has only been done once with TBO's Arena.
lol jk this will never happen.

:(
hi lld
hi bbm

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1144 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:22 pm

A couple of things about The Mole: A List

1) I have a copy of the execution program they used in the US show for anyone who wants to run the game. This program lets you enter your quiz, and then manually enter the quiz results for each player (including timing how long it takes to complete, so you can manage ties on your own too). Then, the program records scores and eliminates the non-mole non exempt player with the lowest score and slowest time if a tie. Drawbacks are that you can only make one player "exempt" per round, but you can always answer the quiz all "correct" for a second exempt player if you want.

Then the real fun begins because you get the effect of being able to type the name into the box and have the screen go Green or Red. It's a really cool thing that I've used for IRL Mole games in the past.

2) The Mole IRL has an advantage that real money is at play and the contestants have a reason to want to win. A way to counter balance this online is very easy. The Mole's Pot.

The Mole's pot is simply that, a mechanic in which the Mole makes any money that the players lose, and if at the end of the game the Mole outweighs the Players, the Mole wins instead.

The drawback is obviously that this encourages the mole to blatantly sabotage even more, but the counter balance to that is simply to institute an addendum that if the mole is identified in more than X number of quizzes, or the total scores of the contestants are totalled more than X% correct, the Mole loses anyway.

3) The game is way way better if Spectators don't know who the Mole is, and if the Mole has 2 confessionals. One where they act like a player, and one where they act in the Mole's capacity. Obviously the second one is hidden from everyone except the mods and Mole. This also means you can do Journal Swaps without having the Mole be totally boned.

4) Your biggest twists should be the challenges themselves, as opposed to gimmicks. The Mole is a game of deduction and works best if the things that fuck with the players are challenges or tests, as opposed to secret powers or new rules. The format is flexible to all kinds of bullshit, don't try to reinvent the wheel.

5)
Fucking inform your Mole of what you're doing.
They're your double agent, hired by you. Don't just leave them to the wolves and say good luck. Definitely there are times when having the Mole be in the dark about things is better, but it's important to tell your Mole what is coming and what group to be in and stuff like that. Additionally, this adds to the suspicion because if someone ends up in the right place at the right time, then that could be molish. I can't recall how many Mole games I've played in where the Mole was like totally clueless to what was going on and it showed in the final score at the end.

6) Have a really cool theme. The Mole is a game of intrigue and suspicion. The Mole: Disney is just... depressing and dull. A number of themes I've hosted or played in that I thought were really fucking cool:

The Mole: 24 (Mole game set in a show where there's always a Mole in CTU, trying to save lives in LA during each challenge. Instead of money, the score total was "lives saved".)
The Mole: Final Destination (Mole game set in the Final Destination universe where in addition to winning money and catching the Mole, players were working together to thwart Death's Plan, and save each other from pre-determined deaths in the game. Additionally, every "executed" player was uh, well, executed. It was a bit gimmicky, but theme wise it was a lot of fun.)
The Mole: Camelot (Mole game where the score card wasn't dollars, but Virtue and Vice, and only by reaching a certain amount of Virtue could the winner retrieve the holy grail, while the traitor in the round table tried to stop them.)
The Mole: United Nations (Essentially one country was trying to start a Global Thermonuclear War and the others were trying to stop it by keeping the Defcon levels down, which was done by winning challenges.)

So yeah, like, there's a lot that can be done with The Mole as a theme that isn't like... "The Mole: Pokemon Edition". Use the format to guide you. Or just copy one of the ones I just mentioned because they're still pretty fucking cool.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1147 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:53 pm

I think a lot of them are dead now, but I can try searching?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1148 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:53 pm

the ones I mentioned there are all online except United Nations which was a game I hosted IRL

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1149 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:55 pm

(It was hosted at a Model UN thing)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1155 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am

https://www.twitch.tv/lexicat34/v/96548631

there you go, a video of how the program works

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1380 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Would people be interested in a The Genius game that would be run live weekly (depending on schedules) using Discord or IRC to replicate the room system?

Additionally, for this I would need a couple dealers (read: co-mods) to help ensure everything goes smoothly in what is certain to be a complicated social and puzzle game.

If you're interested in either playing or dealing, please PM me. Thanks.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Social Game Archive”