Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Talitha »

Claimed jester is such a sweet role to play, and obviously the best tactical move for everyone except the mafia, BIANTJ.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Talitha »

:shock: I didn't mean that it's in every townie's best interest to claim jester. I meant having it happen would be the best outcome for everyone, except mafia. Admittedly I was half asleep when I wrote that and did not check my statement for ambiguity. But it was obvious to me what I meant so it should have been obvious to mith too!
Haha, you can't remove my bold tags anymore: mith
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #289 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am responding to my prod, I hope I'm in time. I am sorry. I was travelling for 48 hours straight, didn't sleep. Am now at my destination, will do my best to catch up soon.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #290 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Talitha »

PS: No jester claim yet? Inconceivable!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #366 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

This is another lame checking in post. After 1 hour sleep I have been travelling again today and then walking the city streets for hours in the cold and snow... but I have seen more monuments and government buildings than i could have imagined... Tomorrow, to the museums.

I hope not to be replaced but will understand if I am.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #420 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Talitha »

I am nowhere NEAR up to date with this game - I'm still away from home - but I wanted to mention my thoughts about the mostly mute thing. My first reaction when I saw it was that is could be a scum role. Is my memory correct that Thesp won that game as scum at Thespival?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #518 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Talitha »

Just checking in to see who didn't survive the night.

Boo.

My limited access will be rectified in a day or so.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #578 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am not sure that quietness is a good indicator of MeMe scumminess as she can be very verbal/prolific/'take charge' as scum as well as town.

I have a couple of people I am labelling as townish, but because I've been travelling I feel I definitely need to read over before trying to lynch anyone. Sorry about my sub-par contribution... I wouldn't have joined a game right now that wasn't Thespival mafia.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #626 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Talitha »

Monkey is Nanook?!?!? :mrgreen:

Just popping in to say that I am currently reading over from the start. My next post WILL be an up-to-speed contribution, as should all my posts from now on. Thanks for the patience.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #639 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Talitha »

When I was scum and playing in a game with a jester (at Thespival), I remember (subtly) trying to get people to think I might be the jester, so they would not want to lynch me.

Just throwing that out there...

*goes back to burying head in the depths of page 13*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #652 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

Uhh, CKD... grow a brain. Or something.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #654 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wrong about...?
so what the hell does that mean for this game?
This is, as BM points out, pretty obvious if you think about it or if you have played with a jester before. Especially if you have played as a scumbag in a jester game which I have. I assumed that most people here probably hadn't and something I read made me want to mention what I did.
We know tyhess is the recruiter
I don't get what this has to do with what I said.
this will turn into a vote very soon if you dont post and contribute
Yeah, soon. I'm still reading, unfortunately. I am the sole administrator at a school whose first day of year was today. Been busy but doing my best. But feel free to vote me if you think I am scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #657 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

You only took like 60 seconds to vote me after my invitation. Interesting.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #658 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

"Will" change, huh? Interestinger.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #661 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am sorry to be such an intolerable burden to you.
If you would prefer I ask for replacement please say so. Otherwise your baiting me is not letting me get up to speed any quicker.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #663 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

Run along little man and stop filling up the thread with content-less posts.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #702 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wow, right, I think I'm all caught up. Sorry about that, I know I've been a pain in the ass.

Not sure where to start now. No-one jumped out at me as a number one suspect, but I do have a few suspicions. These are people I'll be looking at more closely if I get a chance to go back over some people's posts. I guess I'll just start naming them, giving an idea why I'm suspicious and see what happens.

Iammars - Like someone else said, he's not really putting himself out there and trying to find scum. Playing very safe since the suspicious early post where he didn't consider the possibility that the COTC could be mafia.

Alko - Just a weird feeling like he doubts himself when he posts or something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

RossWilliam - I was initially very suspicious of this guy but found myself believing his sincerity in his responses to PJ's questions.

Captain Bandwagon - I have him as possible scum OR Jester - will need to look over his posts to remind myself why.

MOS - I always find MOS scummy. And one of these days I'll be right about it!

MeMe - If memory serves me right, she's always been voting away from the current bandwagon, and doesn't even acknowledge the bandwagons or try and pressure those players already under pressure. It's unusual. I think something is up with MeMe but not sure exactly what.

Wolfcrier - Definitely something up, IMO. I would like to carefully pressure this one for a claim....
vote: Wolfcrier
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #703 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Talitha »

And I think a Hallelujah and Amen is in order! I think playing along and seeing if we can test the mute monk claim would be a good idea.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #734 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

BM wrote:I appreciate the feedback Talitha. I'd appreciate it even more if you could maybe elaborate on your reasoning behind your vote on Wolfcrier, and perhaps most importantly, why you are so sure he isnt the Jester.
I'm not sure he's not the jester, but neither am I sure of
any
player not being the jester. We can't give up our lynches and still expect to win the game so we are going to have to bite the bullet and lynch somebody. Somebody we think is scum, not just the person we think is least likely to be jester.
However, I thought that the post of Wolfcrier's where he asked people to please vote for him is not something the real jester would be likely to say. But it might be something that scum in a jester game might say. I am a little worried though, because that post from wolfcrier came after tyhess's jester claim and before tyhess's recant. If WC is the jester he might have thought it was an opportune time for that kind of comment. After all, asking for votes worked for Greasy Spot.
What I want to do is put pressure on, make him talk more, get a claim, and then decide whether to follow through and lynch him. And hopefullydo it soon, so we have time to move on to someone else if necessary.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #738 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

You're really taking this game seriously huh Pooks. Rousing up all the HDs and inspiring us with unparalleled logic and charisma!

*huggles*

Pooks, do you have ulterior and non-townly motives in this game?

(Not that I have anything against a Captain Bandwagon vote. Au contraire.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #786 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote: wolfcrier's replacement
vote: farside22

a) This is a deadlined day, we need to lynch somebloddy.
b) After a little consideration, I think she is less likely to be the jester than my previous vote
c) The 3 CB posts that Alko quoted in 771 were interesting. I believe it's likely that when someone says they are equally happy voting either of two players they are lying and one of the vote options is a scum partner. The 3rd post was interesting too after the 2nd one.. no vote switch or threat of vote switch.
d) But mainly a).
But also
e) Pro-Pooky bias.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #847 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

I would much prefer to lynch farside than scramble around looking for another candidate now.

Besides the fact that she's almost certainly not the jester at this point, I still actually think she's scum in spite of her claim.

The tactic of leaving claimed doc alive for the scum to sort out kinda backfired on me in the last game I was in. Besides, we already decided that the mafia are shooting for the jester tonight, right scums? :mrgreen:
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #882 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/T ... ia/doc.png

Played around with the URL address of the other card pics.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #887 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Alko: the mason and town cards that farside references have been posted by the mod already.

PJ: I would not be voting for her if I had any reason to believe she is town. The last game I played in was not a bad experience as such (I probably didn't explain it properly) but more a clarifying experience that it's not necessarily a great meta-strategy to let a claimed doc live. It's not like there's a claimed power role in the open who needs protection. If she's doc her days/nights are severely numbered anyway. But most of all, dispelling of confusion is worth more than the small chance of saving a town life. We should judge her purely on whether we think she's scum, not on the claim.

My reason for posting the above link was to show that by substituting 'doc' for 'townie' or 'mason' into the web address for the card pictures that the mod has already posted you can get a picture of the Doc card with the Star Trek guy on it. Any scum could've found that within 2 minutes, like I did.

So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #925 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yay, Slay!

Well my vote on Farside is very lonely, very very lonely, and only 36 hours to deadline. It's the weekend here now and I will be hanging around and reconsidering my vote also.

MeMe: Vote-vote+vote-vote=flirting with voting, IMO. I realise you have given reasons. I wanted to make a small note of it in case one of you comes up as scum.

But thanks for aknowledging the card/link thing and giving your opinion.
MeMe wrote:if you don't have a feel one way or another on a player, why mention it?
What should I do when I don't have a feel? (rhetorical)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #936 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Talitha »

Beep!x2 wrote:Therefore I will prioritize analysis the following players:

Monkey, al_kohaulec, and Sarcastro
I hate to let QuickBen and JDGA scamper away under pressure, but to be fair to the replacements I agree with prioritizing these three at this late stage in the day. I think we should all vote for one of them.

I am tossing up between voting for Alko & Monkey... quick guys, convince me that I don't want to vote for you and I'll vote for the other guy.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #939 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Talitha »

I'd prefer you recruit someone who isn't voting. Like Iammars.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #946 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote:farside

I want to retract my comment about prioritising certain players as I'm now taking into consideration the fact that a lynch is assured today.

I really want to vote for Iammars, but this jester thing is doing my nut in.

Help?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #947 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK time to man-up, I guess. If the jester pulls out a win, then good for them. Sitting back being too afraid to lynch anyone is not going to help the town. Besides, a lynch is assured anyway.

Also, the more people we have tied for the lead the greater the chance the jester can vote for him/herself at deadline and win.

After going over wolfcrier's posts, I got the feeling he was genuinely annoyed at being voted. (Feeling better about him not being jester). Beep Beep seems more suspicious of the people who are voting for the players who aren't her than she is of the players who are voting for her. This doesn't seem naturally town-like to me.

vote: Beep! Beep!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”