QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:01 am

Post by QuickBen »

/confirm

Holy crap I feel like I stumbled into the who's who of 'Scum...
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:08 am

Post by QuickBen »

Good grief. Um lets see if I can catch up all in one post.

I think the Jester should come forward.

I am not the Jester.

Tyhess should refrain from taking votes without at least giving his reasoning for taking them. (Basically meaning if you want to take the vote of someone who seems to be vote hopping or committing other acts of stupidity, then fine, but be prepared to back up that action with reasons.) And technically, we do have a way to get rid of tyhess during the day. We can always lynch him.

Also,
vote MOS
for random voting when there is some content to be looked at.

Further,
FOS everyone who has posted and not claimed whether they are or are not the Jester
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Well yes, I agree with something I mentioned. Ty should only use his power if we all agree on it. The main reason the scum wouldn't nightkill you for recruiting them is because as long as you're holding their vote, they'll never be on a townie's lynch. The other reason is that instead of having to talk 5 or 6 people into voting their way, they just have to convince you. There. Now I've given the scum reasons to *really* think before they kill you.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:26 am

Post by QuickBen »

tyhess wrote:
QuickBen wrote:Well yes, I agree with something I mentioned. Ty should only use his power if we all agree on it. The main reason the scum wouldn't nightkill you for recruiting them is because as long as you're holding their vote, they'll never be on a townie's lynch. The other reason is that instead of having to talk 5 or 6 people into voting their way, they just have to convince you. There. Now I've given the scum reasons to *really* think before they kill you.

Why would they never be on a town's lynch?.....
Because they wouldn't be in control of their vote... you'd have it. Gives them deniability, something scum are always looking for. Its the reason we look at voting records to find scum, the reason people who barn others without contributing anything new are bad, etc.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:27 am

Post by QuickBen »

You know the really sad part is that we're spending an inordinate amount of time on the Jester when we really need to be looking for scum. Currently, GS and BM are my favorites for lynch today just from the distraction they've caused from our true purpose- finding and lynching scum.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Mith- because townies can be a distraction as much as scum and I try not to vote until I actually have or read a case that I believe in.

@CKD- they've been a distraction by dragging out the whole jester issue WAY longer than it needed to be. Why discuss why the jester should or shouldn't come out if you're not the jester?? What purpose does it serve? You're right, I haven't done much scum hunting myself as of yet. I didn't hold myself above anyone else in my post. TBH, yeah some of the names in here are a little intimidating. Under my former username, there was never a game in which MeMe didn't peg me for scum no matter what my alignment was, lol. Mith was the first host I ever played a game under. (I think I was actually Pooky's lover in that game and he turned out to be a werewolf.) But I've decided I need to shake off that kind of thinking and not sit back and let everyone else take the lead when I know we're being distracted.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:24 am

Post by QuickBen »

When did I become an acceptable lynch BM?
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:28 am

Post by QuickBen »

@BM- I bet you're the guy yelling out how the magician is doing his tricks at a kid's birthday party, huh? For as much talking down as you do to other players, perhaps you should learn to think about *why* someone is saying something before just firing off a reply. People like you are the reason that gambits don't work. Generally, only those who would be caught by the plan at hand are the ones who should be fighting the plan. If a foolproof way to find scum is presented, the scum either have to fight the idea (and give themselves away) or go along with the idea (and *risk* giving themselves away if it works). Honestly, the way you're pushing for "if the Jester claims today we should lynch him" today makes me want to vote you. Either A- you're the Jester and are trying to hide today by acting totally anti-jester and we may as well take your advice about not taking 2nd place, or B- you're going to continue to be a distraction by fighting tooth and nail against everything that you didn't come up with or agree 100% on. The only thing worse for the town than the scum is a townie who is so distracting we can't find the scum. So I'll tell ya what, pick a few people. Build a couple of cases. I'll give ya all weekend to do so. You're active on the site enough it shouldn't be a problem. I'm giving you the opportunity to go on the offensive before I decide whether or not to vote you.

P.S. 10 to 1 odds say I'm one of the people you build a case against. :)
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:16 am

Post by QuickBen »

@MeMe- lmao I started looking to see where he swore...
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:26 am

Post by QuickBen »

Actually no, I'm saying that if you're town you should have just shut up and paid attention to who, if anyone, fell for the trap. Its flaw was semi obvious to anyone who was paying attention and the point was that if its flaw didn't affect you, why bother saying anything? I'm not the Jester. Do I give two mouse turds if mith and pooky want to try and convince him/her to come forward? Nope. Did I see the logical issue with the request? Yup. Is it my job as a townie to direct a neutral role in how to play it? Nope. If we have a SK are you going to start giving *them* directions on how not to be found? If I wanted to lynch you, I would have voted you. I actually didn't remember that my vote was on MOS. I'll remove that at the end of the post. (thanks CKD) You managed to misrepresent my entire post BM, which really set off the scumdar, but could be chalked up to crappy reading comprehension skills.

@CKD- My thoughts on GS (as opposed to BM) were actually someone who wasn't actively trying to be a pain in the ass. He seemed genuinely confused about the plan and was asking questions that I would have asked if I suspected a little misdirection. Is it possible that he's the Jester? Sure. But unless we have a townie lie detector, we're not gonna know for sure.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:27 am

Post by QuickBen »

unvote
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:05 am

Post by QuickBen »

@BM- When someone pings the scumdar harder than you, I'll let you know. Has came close for a minute, but his explanation seems reasonable. GS seemed/seems to be a confused, then frustrated townie. Either that or he's a much better actor than I think. It really kinda cracks me up that you're voting me for thinking your hissy fit about the Jester plan was un-townie. Your vote seems to be... I'm not even sure what to call it... pre-emptive OMGUS? Your logic is flawed, you're overreacting to one person (me) pointing out that a townie (or scum for that matter) wouldn't care if anyone wanted the Jester to come forward, and now you're accusing me of not scum-hunting. Who needs to hunt when the quarry seems hellbent on staying in your face? Beyond that, some of us look for scum by observation. I never have been a question asker, really. I give scum enough rope and before they know it, the trap door is opening under their feet as they begin the hemp fandango. ;)
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 am

Post by QuickBen »

WTF? :shock: :?:
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

Post by QuickBen »

A couple of players seem to be drawing my attention. I need to do a quick re-read before I actually post my thoughts though. Will do asap- possibly tonight.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Wow. I now have a vein on the side of my head just aching to burst. Let me just try to sort this out...

Tyhess claimed Jester.

Wolfcrier posts some of the scummiest crap I've seen ever.

Tyhess recants his claim.

Somewhere in there we find out that Monkey is an alt of NanooktheWolf. (Why is that relevant exactly? I'm an alt (kinda) of draygn_mage.)

I am not a fan of Sarc ending day 1 so quickly, but from what I've seen of his play so far, that isn't exactly a scum tell for him.

BM is being his usual arrogant self as well.

I can buy MeMe's vote on me for lurking (I honestly haven't had anything to go on and didn't want to make a post like this strictly because its like blood in the water "contentless post" and such).

I'll go back and reread some people on their own and see if I can come up with anything that way.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:56 am

Post by QuickBen »

Battle Mage wrote: The more i read IamMars's posts, the more i think he would be a worthy policy lynch, simply on grounds of incredibly obvious buddying up to experienced players.
HoS: IamMars

BM
I just squirted pop out my nose, LMAO

Am I the only one who read that as Iammars being called a newbie?

Hallelujah, Amen from the peanut gallery.

LMAO again as I realize that MeMe has never once failed to vote me on day one of any game in which we both played.

I personally don't start worrying until Pooky creates club and starts passing resolutions on which players to lynch... Bonus points if he can name that game without looking it up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”