Combat Mechanics and Comments

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:49 pm

Post by Mojo »

You didn't mention how the combat initiative is calculated.

And I don't see what the problem with magickal vs. physical combat. The fighter will use physical attacks and the sorcerer will use phsical defence while the sorcerer will use magickal attack and the fighter will use magickal defence.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:56 am

Post by Mojo »

about the reaction - what if we have a dual and they both with weapons drawn?
and what about magick combat reaction, is it the same as normal combat reaction?

and about magick combat. let's say someone casts fireball at me, can I dodge it with a good Evasion role?

and one last question. if I use conjuration type of magick, will I be able to conjure an anvil just above my opponents head in combat?
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:24 am

Post by Mojo »

We can say that in order to summon a creature you have to be in full concentration, and you can't reach this level of concentration in a middle of a combat.

And I don't think that magick reaction should involve the magick knowledge skill, because the knowledge skill, for my opinion, is used to identify spells and not to anticipate if someone is going to use magick.

I think that in physical combat, the one with his weapon drawn should be given the attack priority, and if they both with weapon drawn, than with should compare reactions and the one with the highest reacts first.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:58 am

Post by Mojo »

/in for test 2 (preferebly as mod)
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:45 pm

Post by Mojo »

I thought you needed only 2 players for test 1. And Kerplunk already volunteered.
If you need another one I'll be happy to do it.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:26 am

Post by Mojo »

I have another question.
Let's say I want to disarm my opponent in combat, what do I need to role in order to do that?
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by Mojo »

How about we do that on a successful focus check, the person get's a +1 or +2 to his next roll.

About willpower. I think we should penalize a person after he reaches 50% of his normal hit points, rounded down. And on a successful willpower check, the person ignores the penelty.
And I like the idea of one action after reaching 0 hit points.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:50 am

Post by Mojo »

Maybe the disarmed person should do a coordination and athletics check vs. a fixed number to see if he is able to dive to his weapon quick enough in order to pick it up and stand up again. If he fails, he lose a turn and has a -2 for defencive check this turn.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]

Return to “Old Aamstaad”