School Survivor (Game Over, Congrats Hermione!)

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by MattP »

Congrats reck!
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #136 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 am

Post by MattP »

In post 96, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I think my biggest problem is everyone taking everything so seriously to the point where it isn't fun at all to be involved in, and makes people feel like shit afterward.
This 10 mil times over
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #137 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:13 am

Post by MattP »

I also dont agree with the "people need to be able to work out their problems for the community to work" thing in the way it's happening. If you have a problem with someone and you have any rapport with them you should contact them one on one and tell them why you're upset at least as a first attempt to fix the situation. People just don't connect with what you're saying about them when you call them out in a public space. Calling someone out in a really confrontational manner immediately after a long game people worked really hard on and cared about 1) distracts from the chance to reflect on the positives of the game that made it worth it in the first place (which is going to be the lasting stuff youll have from the game and a chance to come to terms with your relationships with others and gain a rounded perspective of the game which imo is really rewarding) and 2) actively harms the community

I've been really upset after games. I know it can really suck to feel disrespected by another person in the community. I just am positive that there are way less harmful ways to at least initially try to right a wrong. And I feel like the way it's happening now is actively hurting the community and there is a solution
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:17 am

Post by MattP »

We're all people and we all fuck up or lose sight of things and do hurtful things. I just feel we should give each other the benefit of the doubt and try reaching out about that before resorting to the sort of implosive stuff that's been happening. Or if you can't do that then sit on it for a day. Mish mash is a great community

And this is different than coming out of a game and being like "haha you fucked up at f9 doing X". This is way more personally tinged and heated stuff thats been coming out post game in public spaces
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #281 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 am

Post by MattP »

In post 279, UpTooLate wrote:Confessionals are also great tools for people to learn from, and if giving premerge boots spec access is going to be a thing now (which it should) it helps people learn how to improve their game, especially the newbies, while everything is still fresh in their minds (whichI think was the point of giving access here?) which could help with retention.
Yeah this is true and a good point
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #282 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 am

Post by MattP »

Though, if someone is bashed by players, is voted out and feeling vulnerable, and then sees that it might alienate them too
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #283 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:54 am

Post by MattP »

Also if people feel comfortable doing it, I often will copy paste PM convos into my confessionals, at least the important/funny parts, so that people can see exactly what is happening
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #335 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:21 am

Post by MattP »

In post 289, xRECKONERx wrote:i truly have never forgiven mattp for LoL
You should've played at survivormeet, I heard I was an even bigger douche during that

Gotta get the full mattp exp
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #349 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 336, BROseidon wrote:"I played a dominant social game except for those 3 jury votes I made no effort for and those 2 that I backstabbed horribly."
Yeah but the ppl I worked with loved me and they are the only humans who matter
SlappyKrust

Return to “Social Game Archive”