Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: rb

Did you know that if you put your vote target in hashtags, they have a 65% higher likelihood of getting lynched?

#lynchrb
#downwiththeic
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Accountant »

...we played together last game? When?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Accountant »

But I was town in Undertale o.o

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: handsome

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay, I'll bite. Why rb?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 32, rb wrote:
In post 28, Accountant wrote:Okay, I'll bite. Why rb?
accountant you're unusually not-aggressive for early game Accountant

R u ok?
I've mellowed out lately. No more page 10 deathtunnels for me.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

That's not to say I still won't murder if you if I think you're scum though ;)

@Aatami: Why, in your opinion, is Creature making a non-RVS vote townie?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 61, Fykus wrote:I only ask cause in another game I replaced into the other day they'd done it and now we've got a confirmed townie to rally around.
Please do not talk about ongoing games!!

Also, I'm in favor of it. I'm not a BP.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: EccentricLemon

Serious vote.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 60, EccentricLemon wrote:I prefer not to trust early claims but I really don't see how you could scumread Fykus that early either. To be completely honest, I feel like calling someone out after a page and a half of pretty insubstantial dialogue seems scummier than the BT claim.
Something/someone DID have to set the ball rolling I suppose. (For future posts--I'm not great with the whole putting my ideas in words thing, so if I confuse you or I say something really weird, don't be afraid to call me out on it and I'll try my best to explain)
^ fencesitting/setting the stage to either push a wagon on Creature or townread him depending on how the game goes.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 70, rb wrote:y my spidermeme no work :~(
>not voting lemon

Are you scum, rb?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 76, rb wrote:
In post 73, Accountant wrote:
In post 70, rb wrote:y my spidermeme no work :~(
>not voting lemon

Are you scum, rb?
p sure i started the lemon thing

or did i?

im town
Holy shit you're right

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 75, rb wrote:i have no idea why we're bp claiming
it's the new meta, get with the times old man

Also I'm pretty sure spamming is an rb towntell because he did it in my mini normal where he was town and when he's scum I don't remember seeing him spam like this

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 84, rb wrote:i mean i guess you mean im town enough for the early stage of the game based on my previous games, but if you mean you think im actually town then i dunno if i rly like that post of yours
it's a towntell, but you should know me well enough to know that I'm not dumb enough to hard townread people because they dropped a tell

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 86, HighKingDestro wrote:Checking in LOL.
VOTE: Tarkas
#ForTheLoveOfMonarches
Are we out of rvs yet? I still dk how to figure that out here XD
Yeah we're out of RVS, EccentricLemon claimed scum so we're lynching them, you should join the wagon

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm trying to figure out if Destro is town.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 102, HighKingDestro wrote:
In post 97, Tarkus wrote:Destro, I'd like to hear why you vote hopped from lemon to creature, and why you joined the lemon wagon in the first place.

Also I'm not one-shot bulletproof.

The claim strategy is laid out here in game 1775 by RadiantCowbells, if you don't know what we're doing:
Spoiler:
So, over the last few months while I was not playing Mafia I have been working on strategies to up town's winrate in this setup and since I have finally rolled town I am going to put them into action.
The correct play at the beginning of D1 in this setup is for the 1-Shot Bulletproof, if any, to claim. This helps town immensely in numerous setups. Why am I advocating this?

1) It is fucking insane for scum to try to claim 1-shot BP in this situation. It is an insane risk play which forces a 1v1 in 5/6 setups and gets minor towncred in 1/6.
2) If the setup is Roleblocker/Jailkeeper/1-Shot BP, it's easy for the BP claim to be disbelieved. The claim coming at the start of the game makes it far more trustworthy.
3) If the setup is Tracker/1-Shot BP/Goon, the Tracker knows that there is no doc and can be a lot safer on claiming. Note that mathematically the correct play is to target the outed tracker if the other PR is not known; so little potential gain is made here.
4) If the setup is Tracker/Doc/Goon, a living tracker will know by the lack of a BP claim that there is a doctor. He can then claim safely and be doctor protected the entire game. Which sucks because I'm going to get guaranteed nightkilled but I'll get over it.

Since the 1-Shot Bulletproof doesn't actually net town a mislynch by being hit it is not actually specifically valuable for it to bait the hit.
This does come at the cost of narrowing down the game possibilities for scum: but I believe that the reward is well worth the price.
lol, Accountant said Lemons claimed scum, and I assumed I missed that post:facepalm:
Then I reread the thread, and came to the conclusion Creature is scum. Reread it yourself, focus on Creature
We found Lemons' scumbuddy.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: Destro

This has an even higher chance of flipping scum than Lemons, because if Lemons is scum then 102 seems like an attempt to protect a buddy while throwing a vote on them that quickly vanishes to look good. And if Lemons is town it seems like scum pocketing town.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 101, Aatami wrote:I've only ever played part of one game, dont let my join date fool you lol
I'm not ready to vote lemon, I don't think the set up to tr or sr was intentional, and I want to see a little more.
I didn't like Handsome's opening at all, and there was no follow up, lots of filler, and the mention that he wasn't a noob felt weird? Very calculated.
I don't think it was intentional either. I think it was unconscious hesitancy to commit hard to a read on a player as scum. As in, I don't necessarily think Lemon is scum who rubs his hands together in glee and goes "mwahaha, this is my secret scheme to avoid giving a read on someone", I think Lemon is just newbie scum who feels a little intimidated playing scum and took the "safe" read when asked to give opinion. If you see what I mean?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Aatami: If you dislike Handsome's opening because of that why are you not voting rb? Also how does mentioning that you're not a noob help him if he's scum? I think scum likes to pretend to be newbie so if they slip up people will dismiss it as them being noob, so declaring openly that they're not a newb seems pointless.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

Could be, I guess, but it's likely they're just flaking/busy than something genuinely scummy. What do you think about Lemon now that you've read 107?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 111, Aatami wrote:I still feel pretty neutral? Idk Im not sure what Im looking for but I dont think any of this is very scummy, and the trs i have arent much stronger.
Why is Destro not scummy?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

You're misusing your vote if you leave it in RVS. And voting people makes pressure on them, which makes them talk more, which is what you want. So you should vote him.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Post by Accountant »

He wanted to find someone to divert the wagon on his buddy to and picked Creature out of a hat, I reckon.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 122, Creature wrote:I am bothered that I still don't feel confident enough to strong townread anyone.
What about scumread?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 130, rb wrote:Wao this wagon building fast, dunno what destro even did
Did you read my ISO?

(Fykus, don't put Destro at L-1 yet, quickhammers are bad)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:I still don't like the speed with which Accountant rallied one and subsequently dropped it.
Why? Do mafia members enjoy rallying flashwagons then dropping them? Well, they do sometimes as a way to distance from buddies, but obviously you can't be thinking this.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:Sooooo I'm not supposed to ever have a read on Creature?
This is a misrep. My issue was that you had a lack of a read on Creature.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:If you need to intimidate players into following your wagon, your wagon isn't valid. How is this different from you accusing me of leaving a reason to come back to Creature? You just left a completely arbitrary reason to come back to Destro for disagreeing with you.
Because I'm not actually leaving you? I still scumread you. I just scumread Destro more. Also, why the hell isn't it valid for me to intimidate players onto my wagon? Does the fact that I am intimidating affect the role PM of the person being wagoned?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 139, rb wrote:Is this a scumteam do you think Accountant? Lemons/Destro?
Don't like calling scumteams this early but yes. If Destro flips scum Lemons is next on the chopping block.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 148, HighKingDestro wrote:Did someone actually bother to read Creature's ISO?
If you really thought Creature was scum and wanted to lynch him you'd tell us what part of his ISO is scummy, right?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:23 am

Post by Accountant »

He has more value than yours. At least he has scumreads beyond an unexplained, condescending vote for another player after wagon-hopping?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

UNVOTE:

We're not L-1ing Destro yet. rb, why are you buddying me?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:51 am

Post by Accountant »

137 and 139 feel pretty buddyish. 138 is a direct defense of me.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Accountant »

kk

readslist?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 173, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 138, rb wrote: What's wrong with wagons being fast? If the goal is to lynch scum, isn't the thing that matters that we're hitting scum?
I agree that the thing that matters is that we hit scum but it's important to realize I think that this is a newbie game and we gotta a) take it easy and b) realize that straight out of the gate even townie newbs can sound scummy. I'm not really talking about myself, I've already played one game. Plus, we've got a lot of time left. I don't think now is the time to be spontaneous.
So what if we wagon a townie? We can always unvote later on, right? Nobody is pushing this to a lynch yet.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Tarkus: Disagree wrt they can't be partners. The way I see it, Destro saw his partner was pushing a counterwagon on Creature and followed up.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Lemon: How do you feel about Destro?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

I find it difficult to read him. Tentative opinion is that the eagerness to L-1 is probably overeager town.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Huntress: Can we get a prod on Destro?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 190, Sagittarius wrote:Hi. Catching up now, posting as I go.
In post 55, Tarkus wrote:That seems like a pretty weak reason considering how cautious you were in bringing it out, but I think I might get why you did it that way. What do you think about his response?
In post 56, Tarkus wrote:To me, it sounds a bit like someone worried about being called out and scumread by you. Bringing up the 1-shot BP claim strategy in that moment feels weird to me, when "who is the scum" should've been the obvious first response.
Eight minutes between these two posts. Don't like it. It's like you tacked the bottom on because you thought it'd looked better, and it doesn't sound genuine either.

VOTE: Tarkus
Why do you think that the latter is Tarkus tacking something on as opposed to Tarkus suddenly realizing something 8 minutes later and going back to add something?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 192, Sagittarius wrote:Lemon's fine. Don't blame her for preferring the comfort of the picket fence instead of the prickly dead grass.

Destro is something. Don't feel like lynching him right now.
What is this nonsense? Why don't you blame Lemon for fencesitting?

Why don't you feel like lynching Destro?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 193, Sagittarius wrote:You really think Destro can do this?
yes

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 193, Sagittarius wrote:Why scum hesitance instead of town hesitance?
Could be town hesitance. I'm not discounting the possibility. That is why I am going after Destro instead of Lemons.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 193, Sagittarius wrote:On the other hand, Lemon is betraying my trust by giving them a townread after snarling at them so hard. Still don't want to lynch her though.
you said earlier that you don't want to lynch lemons because you don't see why people SR them - now that you've identified an actual piece of scummy behavior, what's keeping ou reluctant about the lemon wagon?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

Hey all, sorry about this, but something has come up IRL that has forced me to cut down on the number of games I play, making me retroactively overgamed, so I'm going to have to replace out of this. Sorry!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I should've suspected something was up when rb started buddying me q.q

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”