School Survivor (Game Over, Congrats Hermione!)

Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Vijarada »

OK if you're 15 and still believe in far away magical lands, you need help. WE ARE STUCK HERE MCMENNO. ACCEPT IT.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Magic Kingdom does exist ;_;
The wiki listing stuff more concisely is also being worked on tl;dr there's a lot of raw WRITING being done
It would be nice if there was like, a post in the LSG queue or something that listed a link to every game and it's winner?
Like a HALL OF FAME post.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by SensFan »

I swear I looked up Magic Kingdom a couple days ago to see how well I did.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Maybe we should make wgeurts do it.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 198, Vijarada wrote:Ppl can see past games but some are hard or impossible (example, dbz was only unlocked after I told cc to tell xif to do it, botb is not linked in thread or wiki so I googled the direct link, magic kingdom doesn't exist). I would fully support better archivisation for those.
Opening up the boards takes an extra step to change settings to allow people to see everything that is a bit counter-intuitive and if you miss it, the boards aren't accessible to people who haven't logged in. But also, there was a post that contained every board that I had a link to in the Queue thread, but it was very far down and just not super worth it(Post 2 under the spoiler for those who want to know). BUT that is a thing that we're working on doing. Making sure that boards links are more accessible and people can read more past games. Actually, give me like 15 and I'll move over the past MS threads to the archive here since it was already going to happen, but would be a good start for right now.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Xalxe »

You weren't in it?

Also yeah I have the link but if it's not on the wiki it should be
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Vijarada »

No I wasn't in it; I don't have any friends.

There are a few differences on the wiki. Some have direct board link, some have ms thread you have to search through to find it, some have no link. I know arkham 2 has a handy synopsis, I wonder if that's a thing people are willing to do (I could eventually do nexus/school, even Hogwarts if necessary).
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 202, SensFan wrote:I swear I looked up Magic Kingdom a couple days ago to see how well I did.
You're thinking of Mushroom Kingdom.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 206, Vijarada wrote:No I wasn't in it; I don't have any friends.

There are a few differences on the wiki. Some have direct board link, some have ms thread you have to search through to find it, some have no link. I know arkham 2 has a handy synopsis, I wonder if that's a thing people are willing to do (I could eventually do nexus/school, even Hogwarts if necessary).
Voldemort being the person to describe what happened in Hogwarts is some amazing thematic wonderfulness, and I need you too now. I need this. Also, you've come a long way from just responding to PMs with smilies <3 I'm ridiculously proud btw, felt I should mention it.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I came 14, then 17th, came back 3 years later, came 14, then 17th. "Came a looooong way". I was so pissed. But ty xof.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by xofelf »

But now you're ACTUALLY a villain! You can add that right into your resume darlin. But really, I might have lost my shit when I realized who you were. I was impressed with you before but was much more considering where you had been in terms of playstyle.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Write the summary but do it while roleplaying as Voldemort
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Before 14th= :) Afterwards = :( . Two closest friends were top 2 tho, God bless. Fenrir was nearly as good as parvati shellow!!!!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

...I NEED THIS
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

ty for existing you're amazing
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 170, BROseidon wrote:Like new mod blood is important and we don't seem to have much right now
Just popping in to say 'Hi I exist. I can be around to review games and act as a backup mod, but I can't promise much else aside from that'. I doubt you meant me, but just a quick note for those who don't even know I exist in this space.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 160, Haschel Cedricson wrote:East coast was fucked? As a West-Coaster who woke up at 9am and worked until 7pm EST, I felt you all got the better end of the time zone deal.

THANK YOUUUUU! This is how I feel 99% of the time. That being said, I think this game did the most to accommodate for my schedule than any other game I've played has done. So thanks for that mods.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 215, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 170, BROseidon wrote:Like new mod blood is important and we don't seem to have much right now
Just popping in to say 'Hi I exist. I can be around to review games and act as a backup mod, but I can't promise much else aside from that'. I doubt you meant me, but just a quick note for those who don't even know I exist in this space.
The problem is that we need more more who can be full-time, which we are losing fast :/
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 167, Vijarada wrote:Coming soon from radja, vijarada and drench...inconvenience survivor. Actually, Aussie/EU deadlines would do a good job at stopping DL scrambling. All live challenges anyone?
I'll join your team modding

and then set everything to central australian time
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

As someone who spectates more often than plays, I really want to find some sort of way to avoid spectators hating on players. The biggest thing though I think is what Reck called a revolving door.* We shouldn't be hating on people just because they are successful. That would just be an incentive to not play to win, which is exactly the opposite of what we want.

Jesse was brought up, and I think that's a completely different story entirely. How I remember it is that pretty much every single person in the game knew Jesse was going to win, and barely anyone did anything about it. Those that tried were immediately voted out by the Jesse cult. Here though, people were playing to win, and there always a chance of someone else winning, so yeah we probably shouldn't have been as hateful about it as we were.

I feel as if there's a lot more I want to say, but I either don't know how to phrase it or I don't even know what it is. I guess the last thing I'll say for now though is that I completely agree with any form of PM restriction. As long as people are relatively active, we shouldn't be forcing people to spend all day talking to people in order to have a chance.

*If I remember correctly. I could be mixing things up though.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

My biggest regret this game is certainly the way I spectated. I approach viewing the game from a very story-centric perspective, which is how approximately 0% of the players are looking at it! So any comments I make shouldn't ever be viewed as a critique of someone as a person or of their gameplay. And there's the over the top stuff like talking about blacklisting players that I regret because whether I mean it or not (I probably don't) it's publicly shaming that person. :/ I can see how a lot of things I say look personal too even when they're only relating to that character's role within the season. OGML is one of my favorite people on the site and I hated Damian. Do I hate OGML? Obviously not, but it's hard to tell that line for a lot of people.

tl;dr I should probably stick to gameplay commentary only
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Drench »

what cc said
join your union
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 220, CuddlyCaucasian wrote: I approach viewing the game from a very story-centric perspective, which is how approximately 0% of the players are looking at it!
i mean if you aren't spectating from a story-centric perspective, why even bother? it's just gameboterino's gamebot land at that point. i think in a story way, aria/juno winning would have suuuuuuuuuucked because they're villains but not in a fun way. at the same time, they played pretty good. i think future specs should seperate the two better.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

Aria wasn't a villain.

This is why specs need to not talk about things. Because they don't understand what actually happens in the game because they don't see 95% of it
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think there wereany real villains in School. (or at least making the merge)

Maybe that's why we were finding it boring.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Social Game Archive”