Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Creature »

If I don't townread, I scumread.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by Creature »

I have Destro as my scumread.
Sigh
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.3HighKingDestro (3) - Tarkus, Accountant, Aatami
Creature (2) - EccentricLemon, HighKingDestro
EccentricLemon (1) - rb
Handsome (1) - Fykus
rb (1) - Creature

Not voting (1) - Handsome

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 22nd March 4.30 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2017-03-22 16:30:00)).
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 am

Post by Creature »

Guess Handsome got in and forgot to give his thoughts.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Fykus »

Posting intent to put Destro at L-1 if they havent posted anything to refute the evidence against them by the time I wake up tomorrow (9 hours or so).
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 am

Post by rb »

Wao this wagon building fast, dunno what destro even did
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:27 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I've only ever played one other game, which is over by now so you can read it. If you read it, you can see that I had precisely the same problem I warned you about. I had trouble expressing what I meant and I was repeatedly getting run up as scum even though I was town. I appreciate that the wagon disappeared but I still don't like the speed with which Accountant rallied one and subsequently dropped it.

Spoiler:
In post 66, Accountant wrote: ^ fencesitting/setting the stage to either push a wagon on Creature or townread him depending on how the game goes.
Sooooo I'm not supposed to ever have a read on Creature?
In post 73, Accountant wrote: >not voting lemon

Are you scum, rb?
In post 89, Accountant wrote: Yeah we're out of RVS, EccentricLemon claimed scum so we're lynching them, you should join the wagon
In post 105, Accountant wrote:
In post 102, HighKingDestro wrote:
In post 97, Tarkus wrote:Destro, I'd like to hear why you vote hopped from lemon to creature, and why you joined the lemon wagon in the first place.

Also I'm not one-shot bulletproof.

The claim strategy is laid out here in game 1775 by RadiantCowbells, if you don't know what we're doing:
So, over the last few months while I was not playing Mafia I have been working on strategies to up town's winrate in this setup and since I have finally rolled town I am going to put them into action.
The correct play at the beginning of D1 in this setup is for the 1-Shot Bulletproof, if any, to claim. This helps town immensely in numerous setups. Why am I advocating this?

1) It is fucking insane for scum to try to claim 1-shot BP in this situation. It is an insane risk play which forces a 1v1 in 5/6 setups and gets minor towncred in 1/6.
2) If the setup is Roleblocker/Jailkeeper/1-Shot BP, it's easy for the BP claim to be disbelieved. The claim coming at the start of the game makes it far more trustworthy.
3) If the setup is Tracker/1-Shot BP/Goon, the Tracker knows that there is no doc and can be a lot safer on claiming. Note that mathematically the correct play is to target the outed tracker if the other PR is not known; so little potential gain is made here.
4) If the setup is Tracker/Doc/Goon, a living tracker will know by the lack of a BP claim that there is a doctor. He can then claim safely and be doctor protected the entire game. Which sucks because I'm going to get guaranteed nightkilled but I'll get over it.

Since the 1-Shot Bulletproof doesn't actually net town a mislynch by being hit it is not actually specifically valuable for it to bait the hit.
This does come at the cost of narrowing down the game possibilities for scum: but I believe that the reward is well worth the price.
lol, Accountant said Lemons claimed scum, and I assumed I missed that post:facepalm:
Then I reread the thread, and came to the conclusion Creature is scum. Reread it yourself, focus on Creature
We found Lemons' scumbuddy.
If you need to intimidate players into following your wagon, your wagon isn't valid. How is this different from you accusing me of leaving a reason to come back to Creature? You just left a completely arbitrary reason to come back to Destro for disagreeing with you.

All that said, I think Accountant is just overeager town thus far (weak townread).

It would be nice though if people didn't wait for people to ask why they scumread someone and just explain it in the same post. It just makes it easier to read.

While I appreciate the speed with which the game is progressing, I think that we're being a bit too spontaneous with the accusations.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Tarkus »

In post 102, HighKingDestro wrote: lol, Accountant said Lemons claimed scum, and I assumed I missed that post:facepalm:
Then I reread the thread, and came to the conclusion Creature is scum. Reread it yourself, focus on Creature
I have, and I don't really see scum. I think I might've gotten lucky with my rvs dart throw, but fykus' ultimatum there rubs me the wrong way. So do people posting without having claimed BP or not. If you don't want to try the strategy, I want to hear it, but stalling it out seems scummy.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 130, rb wrote:Wao this wagon building fast, dunno what destro even did
Did you read my ISO?

(Fykus, don't put Destro at L-1 yet, quickhammers are bad)
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:I still don't like the speed with which Accountant rallied one and subsequently dropped it.
Why? Do mafia members enjoy rallying flashwagons then dropping them? Well, they do sometimes as a way to distance from buddies, but obviously you can't be thinking this.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:Sooooo I'm not supposed to ever have a read on Creature?
This is a misrep. My issue was that you had a lack of a read on Creature.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:If you need to intimidate players into following your wagon, your wagon isn't valid. How is this different from you accusing me of leaving a reason to come back to Creature? You just left a completely arbitrary reason to come back to Destro for disagreeing with you.
Because I'm not actually leaving you? I still scumread you. I just scumread Destro more. Also, why the hell isn't it valid for me to intimidate players onto my wagon? Does the fact that I am intimidating affect the role PM of the person being wagoned?

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 am

Post by rb »

I wanna know why he thinks Creature is scum but if you're right I guess it doesn't matter Accountant. I doubt it'd be a double bus by destro + creature so they wouldn't be a team
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:11 am

Post by rb »

In post 131, EccentricLemon wrote:I've only ever played one other game, which is over by now so you can read it. If you read it, you can see that I had precisely the same problem I warned you about. I had trouble expressing what I meant and I was repeatedly getting run up as scum even though I was town. I appreciate that the wagon disappeared but I still don't like the speed with which Accountant rallied one and subsequently dropped it.

Spoiler:
In post 66, Accountant wrote: ^ fencesitting/setting the stage to either push a wagon on Creature or townread him depending on how the game goes.
Sooooo I'm not supposed to ever have a read on Creature?
In post 73, Accountant wrote: >not voting lemon

Are you scum, rb?
In post 89, Accountant wrote: Yeah we're out of RVS, EccentricLemon claimed scum so we're lynching them, you should join the wagon
In post 105, Accountant wrote:
In post 102, HighKingDestro wrote:
In post 97, Tarkus wrote:Destro, I'd like to hear why you vote hopped from lemon to creature, and why you joined the lemon wagon in the first place.

Also I'm not one-shot bulletproof.

The claim strategy is laid out here in game 1775 by RadiantCowbells, if you don't know what we're doing:
So, over the last few months while I was not playing Mafia I have been working on strategies to up town's winrate in this setup and since I have finally rolled town I am going to put them into action.
The correct play at the beginning of D1 in this setup is for the 1-Shot Bulletproof, if any, to claim. This helps town immensely in numerous setups. Why am I advocating this?

1) It is fucking insane for scum to try to claim 1-shot BP in this situation. It is an insane risk play which forces a 1v1 in 5/6 setups and gets minor towncred in 1/6.
2) If the setup is Roleblocker/Jailkeeper/1-Shot BP, it's easy for the BP claim to be disbelieved. The claim coming at the start of the game makes it far more trustworthy.
3) If the setup is Tracker/1-Shot BP/Goon, the Tracker knows that there is no doc and can be a lot safer on claiming. Note that mathematically the correct play is to target the outed tracker if the other PR is not known; so little potential gain is made here.
4) If the setup is Tracker/Doc/Goon, a living tracker will know by the lack of a BP claim that there is a doctor. He can then claim safely and be doctor protected the entire game. Which sucks because I'm going to get guaranteed nightkilled but I'll get over it.

Since the 1-Shot Bulletproof doesn't actually net town a mislynch by being hit it is not actually specifically valuable for it to bait the hit.
This does come at the cost of narrowing down the game possibilities for scum: but I believe that the reward is well worth the price.
lol, Accountant said Lemons claimed scum, and I assumed I missed that post:facepalm:
We found Lemons' scumbuddy.
If you need to intimidate players into following your wagon, your wagon isn't valid. How is this different from you accusing me of leaving a reason to come back to Creature? You just left a completely arbitrary reason to come back to Destro for disagreeing with you.

All that said, I think Accountant is just overeager town thus far (weak townread).

It would be nice though if people didn't wait for people to ask why they scumread someone and just explain it in the same post. It just makes it easier to read.

While I appreciate the speed with which the game is progressing, I think that we're being a bit too spontaneous with the accusations.
What's wrong with wagons being fast? If the goal is to lynch scum, isn't the thing that matters that we're hitting scum?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 am

Post by rb »

Is this a scumteam do you think Accountant? Lemons/Destro?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Creature »

This game prematurely died.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Creature »

Let me see
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Creature »

In post 0, Huntress wrote:FykusTarkusHighKingDestroAatamiHandsomeEccentricLemon (replaced Ulti)Creature (SE)Accountant (SE)rb (IC)
Fykus town
Tarkus likely town
Destro scum
Aatami town
Handsome idk
Eccentric town
Accountant can be scum
rb town
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Creature »

Damn, I forgot to remove the quote.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Creature »

Actually Accountant is sorta null.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 133, Accountant wrote:
In post 130, rb wrote:Wao this wagon building fast, dunno what destro even did
Did you read my ISO?

(Fykus, don't put Destro at L-1 yet, quickhammers are bad)
Yeah, thats why I posted "Intent" to put at L-1 rather than actually voting. It puts the pressure on but it doesn't allow anyone to quick hammer and end the day on page 6.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Creature »

In post 142, Creature wrote:
In post 0, Huntress wrote:FykusTarkusHighKingDestroAatamiHandsomeEccentricLemon (replaced Ulti)Creature (SE)Accountant (SE)rb (IC)
Fykus town
Tarkus likely town
Destro scum
Aatami town
Handsome idk
Eccentric town
Accountant can be scum
rb town
tbh these aren't really strong reads, some of my townreads look so generic, just gave me a town impression.
Sigh
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 139, rb wrote:Is this a scumteam do you think Accountant? Lemons/Destro?
Don't like calling scumteams this early but yes. If Destro flips scum Lemons is next on the chopping block.

HighKingDestro
HighKingDestro
Townie
HighKingDestro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by HighKingDestro »

Did someone actually bother to read Creature's ISO?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 148, HighKingDestro wrote:Did someone actually bother to read Creature's ISO?
If you really thought Creature was scum and wanted to lynch him you'd tell us what part of his ISO is scummy, right?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”