Test 1, fight 1 -- Mojo vs. Yaw

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:19 pm

Post by Mojo »

This is my charecter:
http://dev.pompa.co.il/ranisstuff/VorMcDoogel.dwt

Vor was already in the arena, with both of his spears drawn when bel'Anath entered the arena.
Now he is waiting to see if he has a chance to make the first move.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:11 am

Post by Mojo »

My right hand (my strong arm) attack is a normal attack.
My left hand attack will be a disarm attempt.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:48 am

Post by Mojo »

First to attack was Vor with some quick maneuvering of his right arm.
Unluckly for him, he wasn't as quick as Oduro.
A stab to the right, a cut to the left, nothing he was doing could hit Oduro.
"Stop jumping ya' little elf"
"I can't hear you", said Oduro, "I think your sound waves are too slow for me".

And then came a left arm blow. It was somewhat clear that it was intended to go to Oduro hands, but it was way too slow, and way too ovious to hit anything except Odoru's buckler.

Then came some cutting attacks from Odoru.
"So you can attack after all" said Vor.
"I specialize in slaying ugly monsters", said Odoru, "And lucky for me, we have one here right now".
"Grrrr" said Vor.
SLASH... SLASH... STAB... STAB... but he just couldn't hit the mighty Vor ( :wink: ).

And then, after a couple of minuets, there was nothing on the ground but some sweat. You could see in their eyes that they were getting tired, that is if you could see their eyes, but you can't, because you're sitting in the crowd.

Both of the fighters were standing still again, observing each other moves to see if they can find an openning for their next attack.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:53 am

Post by Mojo »

I'm going to attack with both hands.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:33 am

Post by Mojo »

And the battle continues.
It seems that Odoru tried to concentrate a bit before his next attack, but Vor's constant "Grrr"s and "Get over here you little..." got in his way of doing so.

Vor goes to the attack.
STAB...
and Oduro is hit in the leg, but not too seriously it seems because he managed to dodge all of Vor's next attacks.
"You got lucky this time, but it won't happen again" Oduro strains between the attack.
"Oh yeah" Vor replies while he swings his spear, "why are you so sure" he says while he misses again.

Then Oduro goes to the attack, but he trips over his loose cloth before he can get a stirke at Vor.

"Fall, like a leaf in the............. fall" says Vor while he charges for his next attack.

Next round I want to throw the first spear and attack with the second.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Mojo »

Before Oduro could get up from the floor, he was struck by something that was fast as lightning, and should have been just as deadly if it would have hit Oduro's chest and not his leg.

Oduro get's up with a spear in his leg, and before he could get it out, he's
STABBED
in the arm.

"Is that all you got?" Vor says.
"You're about to see what I got" Oduro yells.

Oduro storms at Vor.
SLASH... and Vor dodges.
STAB... and Vor Laughs.
CUT... and Vor eats his bannana.

"You can't win this one elf". Vor says with a full mouth.

Next round I want to throw my spear, and draw my two-handed sword.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:44 am

Post by Mojo »

"You were lucky last time you threw that thing you call a spear at me".

"Really?" Vor says while he ready his spear for a threw.
"You won't hit me this time". Oduro says.

And the spear is thrown, and it seems like Oduro has paniced, he doesn't know what to do untill it's too...
BAM
OOHHH... late.
Oduro was hit in his upper left arm, as it seems he has trouble holding up his sword.

"What do you have to say about that... elf?" Vor says while he draws his huge two-handed sword.
"Just a lucky throw, that's all" Oduro says while he bleeds all over the place.

"Take that", WHAM... missed. "And that" WHACK, missed.
Oduro retreats and regroups.

Next round I want to win :lol: . I'll do that by making a normal attack.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Mojo »

Odoru, bruised and beaten, wounded in both arms and both legs, gets ready for what seems to be the end (of the battle).
He watches almost helplessly as Vor charges forward with the two-handed sword. And with one swing it's all over. One blow, and all of Oduro's dreams for a victory are shatterd to a million pieces.
How could he go home after a fight in which his opponent wasn't even scratch. How could he look his fellow warriors at the academy after such a deafet and humiliation.
One strike, and all Oduro's hopes and dreams collapsed with him.

The battle was over, and Oduro was to.
"Vor is victorious" yells the announcer.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:27 am

Post by Mojo »

I know that the platemail is heavy, but I made him wear such an armor because I knew it didn't have any gameplay effects yet. It was just for style.
Jeep wrote: Two large, unwieldy weapons...
From what I was told, only heavy weapons are considered two-handed, and everything else (light and medium) are one handed weapons.
And I don't see why someone can't carry a two-handed weapon in a sheath while fighting with other weapons.
Also, what is the two weapon penalty?
The penelty for two weapons are -1 to each hand, but I really think we should do it a -2 for the first hand and -3 for the second unless there's high coordination to make up for it.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:04 am

Post by Mojo »

Look, I don't expect anyone to make a charecter like Vor.
Vor was supposed to be an orphan silth sold to a gladiator merchant in order to fight. He isn't suppose to have a personality.
A person like Vor who is supposed to have a personality will not be accepted into any social group, at least not as a member of it, but maybe as a bodyguard or something like that.
He can't get into bars or into shops, he can't even negotiate about how much someone will pay him for his services. He'll be helpless except for when he fights. And that's why I think nobody will create a charecter like him.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]

Return to “Old Aamstaad”