Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:50 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Confirm Vote: Jesse Gunn

Because...
Jesse Gunn wrote:being extremely analytical on day 1.
...isn't a sign of scum, it's a sign of good play. Being analytical at any stage of the game is a good sign, the earlier the better.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 am

Jesse Gunn wrote:Yes, but he was over-analyzing events that were just stupid.
And since when were you the judge on what's stupid and what isn't?
Jesse Gunn wrote:At this point, we really don't know anything
We know the alignments of dead players, which is all we can
ever
truly know at
any
point in the game. How are we supposed to get information if we don't analyse? Guess?
Jesse Gunn wrote:it just looked like he was trying to grasp at anything to try and make someone look like scum.
Who? Wesaq? Spacecase? Peers? It's not as though his analysis hammered hard on one specific person, so I fail to see how he's trying to make "someone" look like scum.
Jesse Gunn wrote:What's worse? Over-analyzing an obviously joke-vote... or criticizing the analysis.
Whether or not the vote was a joke-vote is irrelevant. The point is, it's a post. Posts consist of words, and if we stop analysing the words, then we don't have a game, we have a lottery.

Besides, joke-votes related to only a small part of his post, and yet you seem to be using that to attack the credibility of the entire post.
Jesse Gunn wrote:Oh, and I'm keeping my vote on Six Aces, because it's not random.
That's true...
Jesse Gunn wrote:With regards to not randomly voting, my vote stays. :)
Does a vote really qualify as "non-random" (with "random" being used as the Mafia term meaning "early and baseless") when your reasoning so far has consisted of:
Jesse Gunn wrote:Because his name comes before me.
Well? Does it?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 am

Phate wrote:
Mod: Votecount please?
Seconded.

Unvote
, at least until Six Aces decides to say some words...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:35 am

Peers wrote:Vote: Jesse Gunn

To everyone else, he apparently seems honest. To me? He feels like scum fishing to see if anyone counterclaims or not...
I believe that at least one of the two is scum, and that Six Aces is the most likely of the two candidates up for lynch, simply because JG claimed Cop. I acknowledge the possibility that Jesse Gunn may be scum, but feel that it's unlikely.
Shteven wrote:I am uncomfortable with the speed of this lynch. Page 5 is not going to give us very much to go on for day 2.
I agree, but when you've got a "follow-the-cop" situation, can you really blame us? Even if JG is lying, he's dead tomorrow, and one scum within the first 2 days isn't a particularly bad thing...

This day is over.

Vote: Six Aces
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

I would like to point out the following:
Flavour wrote:Police are seeking witnesses in the killing of Peers, Vanilla Townie, who was found dead of
two
gunshot wounds in a dumpster this morning by Holiday Inn staff.
Does this mean that two killers targetted the same person? I ask as it may provide some insight into the "Doc protection" speculation.

Also,
Phate wrote:"yeah, I claimed cop, and no, you don't have this confused with another game"
That isn't a valid answer to the initial question of "Why are you still alive?"
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 am

kabenon wrote:It's possible for a townie to think it, but why would you? It doesn't do us any good to think about, therefore why bother?
When it boils down to it, you're suspecting Shteven for thinking outside your box, which is quite sucky, TBH.

Jesse Gunn being Mafia would require the entire Day 1 situation to have been set-up, which, upon looking through the last few pages of yesterday, doesn't seem feasible. It would also require the discussion of such a tactic throughout the night, and I don't think any sane Mafia buddies would let half their team go out on a claiming, self-lynching gambit.

Jesse Gunn being an SK would allow him to use whatever tactics he wanted, fakeclaiming Cop or otherwise. The only problem with this is that there would be no way for him to know who was scum and who wasn't, unless he was just really lucky.

It is for these reasons that I am, until anything major suggests otherwise, going to discount the possiblity of JG being scum.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 am

LTG wrote:I was in one or two with Fonz and SSF, so they can talk about that.
The only other game I've been in with you was Newbie 349 where I mislynched LTGDoc... Incidentally, one of my posts was "This just screams Wishy-Washy."! So yeah, I'm going to support the meta on WishyWashyLTG...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:52 am

Spacecase wrote:i hate to ask, but does bringing up past games have any relevance?
Mafia is not solely about actions, but the context under which they are performed.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 am

Oman wrote:I'm more sceptical about a claim if its in the wrong places (like D1) I keep thinking "man, this would make a great scum gambit!"
I agree with this, but as I said earlier
I don't think any sane Mafia buddies would let half their team go out on a claiming, self-lynching gambit.
And I stand by it... Risk v reward just doesn't seem right.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:44 am

Rigel wrote:Secondly, LG brought up a good point a page ago; that SSF voted for Six Aces after there were already 10 votes on him and he was going to be lynched. I know that the general theory on this is that he was "late to the party" but he was 8 hours late to the party, not just one or two. A miscount is possible, but since SSF never even explained the situation, I'll like to hear his side of the story. So, SSF, if you could address this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I miscounted.
Rigel wrote:It is stated at the beginning of the thread that there is no vigilante.
There should be...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:15 pm

The Fonz wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
LTG wrote:I was in one or two with Fonz and SSF, so they can talk about that.
The only other game I've been in with you was Newbie 349 where I mislynched LTGDoc... Incidentally, one of my posts was "This just screams Wishy-Washy."! So yeah, I'm going to support the meta on WishyWashyLTG...
I don't really remember you, I'm afraid. I play a lot of games. :? I see no reason for you to come out with something so eminently disprovable if not true, mind.
I was referring to LTG only in that post, sorry if that wasn't clear. The only game all three of us have been in together was the older New C9.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:15 am

Oman wrote:I think this "I've been sick" thing is really sad. He gets to L-2, calls himself sick (at that time, wow) and then everyone jumps off him. Jesus guys, open your eyes up.
I agree.
Kabenon wrote:Okay, I'm sorry I've been an ass up til now. I really don't mean to, sometimes I just get carried away, and I've been sick for the past week, so I've just kinda been blah.
You see, if you act like a pretentious dick, then excuse it as an unfortunate side-effect off being ill, that's one thing, but...
Kabenon wrote:Yes, I've chosen to play as Jdodge this game. You like?
...when you blatantly claim that you've been consciously
trying
to be a pretentious dick, then trying to claim that your attitude was accidental doesn't really work.

Does it?

Vote: Kabenon
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 am

Phate wrote:@MadCrawdad: The case on kab isn't great, in my opinion. I don't think he's scum.
Orly?
Phate wrote:This is where I would vote kab, except that it would put him at L-1
What a difference a day makes!
Twenty-four little hours!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:04 am

LaptopGun wrote:That possibility completely slipped my mind so I guess that needs to be edited in. I never thought of it because I am not the SK, and
I dont think Jess Gunn is either
I already wrote:Jesse Gunn being an SK would allow him to use whatever tactics he wanted, fakeclaiming Cop or otherwise. The only problem with this is that there would be no way for him to know who was scum and who wasn't, unless he was just really lucky.
Jesse being SK means he'd've had to guess that Six Aces was scum. There's a 1 in 6 (lolirony) chance of that happening, and therefore a 1 in 6 chance Jesse Gunn is the SK. STATISTICAL FACT.
Oman wrote:I'm starting to doubt our previous cop's truthery.
If Cops were assigned dependently, that is, 33% of 0 Cops, 33% of 1 Cop and 33% of 2 Cops, then the chance of there being 2 Cops given the existence of at least 1 is the same as the chance of there being only 1 (50%). 50% is more than 33%.

On the other hand, if Cops were assigned using the "Two coinflips" method, then odds are 25% of 0 Cops, 50% of 1 Cop and 25% of 2 Cops, then the confirmation of there being at least one cop means that there is a 66% chance of there being 1 Cop and a 33% chance of there being 2. 33% is more than 25%.

The confirmed existence of one Cop makes it statistically more likely (depending on the method used, either 1/6 or 1/12), that there is a second.

Now, considering that the existence of a second Cop is now more likely than it was yesterday, that a counter-claim will basically wipe Jesse's credibility as a Cop off the board, and that claiming Cop with a guilty on a buddy D1 in an Open is quite possibly the most suicidal scum gambit ever, how exactly does this make you doubtful?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 am

Spacecase wrote:Listen the lynch was better then no lynch at all.
I don't think there was an imminent deadline No-Lynch.
The lynch was, indeed, better than no-lynch.

But did you genuinely believe no-lynch was a possibility?
vollkan wrote:Your views did a complete 180, and you made no mention of wanting to avert a No Lynch (not that that is necessarily a justification anyway). The fact that no lynch is usually better than lynch does not mean that you can backflip and jump on the largest wagon and then find yourself being held culpable unreasonable.
this.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 am

vollkan wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Spacecase wrote:Listen the lynch was better then no lynch at all.
I don't think there was an imminent deadline No-Lynch.
The lynch was, indeed, better than no-lynch.

But did you genuinely believe no-lynch was a possibility?
vollkan wrote:Your views did a complete 180, and you made no mention of wanting to avert a No Lynch (not that that is necessarily a justification anyway). The fact that no lynch is usually better than lynch does not mean that you can backflip and jump on the largest wagon and then find yourself being held culpable unreasonable.
this.
Could you clarify why you quote me here?
I intended to indicate agreement with the post in question.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 am

Due to the fact that my workload has increased to the point where playing mafia has become nigh-on impossible, I am officially getting out of all my games.

Mod: My sincerest apologies, but I will need to be replaced.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”