2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

Some interesting moves. Patriots trading back 8 spots to take Ealy could be good, and the whole Bennet/Cook thing is fun - bet Rogers is pleased with that!

On Broncos, we have two OLinemen now which is nice, but still no LT and nearly everyone is off the board... scary times unless we hit with #20 in the draft. :/
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:42 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Not sure how I feel about Eagles WR pickups
Though at least more likely to work out than their recent draft choices
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by ChrisOrmie »

What's everyone's team - and after FA so far, what position/player are you expecting them to pick up in the draft?

Might as well start. I'm a Broncos fan, and I still think we need a OT, possible TE, and DL/LB help. Not sure where we go at #20 though.
In post 51, shaft.ed wrote:Not sure how I feel about Eagles WR pickups
Smith should be decent, but the one I like a lot is Jeffery. Gives the young QB a couple of good targets to aim for at least.
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 590, Nero Cain wrote:I should be the resident Titans fans since I actually live in TN and AGAR already roots for the boys.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Them getting Logan Ryan was good. I think their needs are Oline (if they don't resign Bell and the other guy)-WR-defensive line/linebackers.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh man julius peppers is back at CAR lmao
green shirt thursdays
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 52, ChrisOrmie wrote:What's everyone's team - and after FA so far, what position/player are you expecting them to pick up in the draft?
Before FA, I would have expected drafting a WR early. But now, I'm guessing CB in the first round, and RB/OL in 2/3 maybe stocking up on a second DB in later rounds. And probably look for a DT to replace Benny Logan later on as well.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

dave gettleman just does the "best available player regardless of position" thing every single year so i dont think FA affected anything

i think we probably pick up a TE or RB first round
green shirt thursdays
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:10 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

I want to poke the Raiders with a stick and get them to do
something
... one OL player in 4 days?

Hopefully Patterson comes around.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am

Post by pickemgenius »

nah we good.

need some ilbs and *maybe* a rb, but linebackers seem to be waiting for hightower and rb we could have two good ones already. who knows.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Bella »

RB talent you can wait on until after the draft, anyway - nobody other than Le'Veon Bell is getting paid this off season, so you might as well wait and see what falls to you in the draft before deciding to sign one of the free agents.

Pats biggest need is at LB, assuming Hightower leaves. Sheard needs to be replaced, and Ninkovich is getting on so I wouldn't be surprised if they draft an OLB or two, maybe in the later rounds to groom as Ninkovich's successor and take some snaps off him to keep him fresh. DB's not an urgent need, but since Butler seems likely to leave after this season, at least developmental talent is likely to be picked up there. D-Line's been taken care of in free agency. Allen's a better TE than Bennett, imo, so they upgraded there. With Vollmer gone, depth at tackle's needed, and I'd like to reinforce the G position. White and Lewis are fine at RB, but maybe add a bigger body in there. QB is only a need if Jimmy G. gets traded.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 52, ChrisOrmie wrote:What's everyone's team - and after FA so far, what position/player are you expecting them to pick up in the draft?

Might as well start. I'm a Broncos fan, and I still think we need a OT, possible TE, and DL/LB help. Not sure where we go at #20 though.
In post 51, shaft.ed wrote:Not sure how I feel about Eagles WR pickups
Smith should be decent, but the one I like a lot is Jeffery. Gives the young QB a couple of good targets to aim for at least.
Seattle. We got Luke Joeckel on a "prove it" deal but he's just a bad player. We need offensive linemen....like yesterday. We passed on all the good guards. The tackles sucked(that kalil deal lolo get rekt reck), and our center is actually decent. If we could get a little young on the DL and maybe get a CB to go opposite Sherman that would be icing, but we need at least 2 tackles. Both guards were rookies, and could improve(also I think Joeckel switched to guard too) but we need two tackles right now.

Walterfootball has the seahawks grabbing Jabrill Peppers as a do-everything defensive swiss army knife. Which if he really could play 3 different positions, I'd be totally fine with, but yo, we need linemen so BAD. So I'm hoping to see a combination of 2 or 3 of Cam Robinson, Ryan Ramcyzk, Garrett Bolles, Julie'n Davenport, Javarius Leamon, Will Holden, and David Sharpe. Only guys I would want to see in the first round that aren't a tackle is Peppers mentioned above and Obi Melifonwu
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:47 am

Post by PJ. »

Eddie Lacy :(
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:07 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

If Lacy can stay healthy, Seahawks got a damn good deal.

Also hell yes Raiders nab Patterson. Maybe a return game will exist this year.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:08 am

Post by PJ. »

Idk, we grabbed an underachieving power back from a cold weather team before and it worked out so hopefully it'll be beast mode 2
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:28 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

In post 60, Bella wrote:Pats
Traded some picks for players, seem to be firmly in that "win-now" mode since the clock is probably ticking on Brady (possibly Belichick too). Do you think Jimmy G get's traded and you try for a QB in this/next draft? Or would you prefer to see Jimmy take over the reins when the time comes?
In post 61, PJ. wrote:Seattle... we need linemen so BAD. So I'm hoping to see a combination of 2 or 3 of Cam Robinson, Ryan Ramcyzk, Garrett Bolles, Julie'n Davenport, Javarius Leamon, Will Holden, and David Sharpe. Only guys I would want to see in the first round that aren't a tackle is Peppers mentioned above and Obi Melifonwu
Heard big things about Melifonwu, seems like he could go earlier than most are expecting. On the line, it's where the Broncos also need to go too and I'm hoping for Ramcyzk @20, then Davenport at the end of round 3. Our list of needs and targets seem fairly similar when it comes to the draft - I think there might be some trades up and down d1 to get these kind of players.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Raiders finally have an offense to compete with (I actually don't hate the Murray/Washington/Richard committee if we can get Murray to stay), they just need some LB and Corner help *desperately*.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:45 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

In post 66, horrordude0215 wrote:Raiders finally have an offense to compete with (I actually don't hate the Murray/Washington/Richard committee if we can get Murray to stay), they just need some LB and Corner help *desperately*.
Yeah made the division a nightmare last season with KC and yourselves improving quite a bit. Can't wait to see the battle unfold this season!
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Bella »

In post 65, ChrisOrmie wrote:
In post 60, Bella wrote:Pats
Traded some picks for players, seem to be firmly in that "win-now" mode since the clock is probably ticking on Brady (possibly Belichick too). Do you think Jimmy G get's traded and you try for a QB in this/next draft? Or would you prefer to see Jimmy take over the reins when the time comes?
I'm not sure I'd agree with that characterization of the Pats moves. All the players they've acquired thus far are no older than 27, iirc, so it's not like they're picking up veterans with a couple of years max left. Rather, they're picking up guys who're entering their prime and have plenty of years left. I think it's more a reflection of how they see the talent in this year's draft, at least in their positions of need.

I think Jimmy stays, personally.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

No reason to move from Jimmy; Mitch, Watson, and Kizer all suck. Mahommes might not suck?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

Reportedly Eddie Lazy is around ~270 right now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

How many more years does Brady have? IDK, I think it might be a good idea to trade Jimmy if the Pats get a good offer.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like, IDK. Matt Cassel was a good for the Pats and then had one good year as not a Pat. The Pats also won games sans Brady and Jimmy G last year so....maybe the Pats are just a QB friendly system? They have other ways of beating you? I mean don't trade Jimmy G for table scraps but if they get a good offer I see no reason why they shouldn't take it.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

He's also an UFA next year and I don't feel like his stats are mind blowing amazing
BUT THE MIAMI GAME
meh.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I think it really depends on what they see in this and next year's draft class. Also depends of Jimmy G is willing to take a discount as Brady did. But if he's still playing as backup it'd have to be a hell of a discount.

I think they're hoping for either a draft day run up, or something Bradfordish happening to skyrocket his value. Either way I think Romo has to resolve, and maybe teams courting McCarron

Return to “General Discussion”