School Survivor (Game Over, Congrats Hermione!)

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

As someone who spectates more often than plays, I really want to find some sort of way to avoid spectators hating on players. The biggest thing though I think is what Reck called a revolving door.* We shouldn't be hating on people just because they are successful. That would just be an incentive to not play to win, which is exactly the opposite of what we want.

Jesse was brought up, and I think that's a completely different story entirely. How I remember it is that pretty much every single person in the game knew Jesse was going to win, and barely anyone did anything about it. Those that tried were immediately voted out by the Jesse cult. Here though, people were playing to win, and there always a chance of someone else winning, so yeah we probably shouldn't have been as hateful about it as we were.

I feel as if there's a lot more I want to say, but I either don't know how to phrase it or I don't even know what it is. I guess the last thing I'll say for now though is that I completely agree with any form of PM restriction. As long as people are relatively active, we shouldn't be forcing people to spend all day talking to people in order to have a chance.

*If I remember correctly. I could be mixing things up though.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

In post 369, SensFan wrote:...having a false negative view of yourself is better than having a false positive view?
I literally could not agree with this more. Outside of Survivor even more so.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

I would be perfectly fine about a ban on personal talk, actually that would probably make me a comparatively better player since I try to avoid doing that kind of stuff anyway.

On that note, I'd be fine with people looking at my PMs, and I kind of doubt that anyone would mind sharing their PMs to me. I'm pretty much always out of the loop, but it could at least be a place to start.

EDIT: Though I think I may have horrifically failed at not being personal about how stressed each game made me. I still don't care though, because I assume every PM I send could be copied and sent to someone else.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Eh, I think I'll pass on that one.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

...oops

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

For the record, I'm just going to say that I'm in the "Don't tell anyone in a Survivor game that you wouldn't mind if everyone saw" camp. This goes for in game and out of game discussions.

But anyway, does anyone remember what it was that started this discussion? I'm pretty sure it was
In post 403, mv_gimmick wrote:Hey, everyone. I'd like to go back and make a school survivor edit and create an episodic series where people can read through what happened through the game. However, this may ask of me to look through your old PM conversations to make sure I have the organic flow of what happened in-game. So for all survivors and spectators, I'd like to get your permission to go through them? Feel free to say no here and if you say yes, you are more than welcome to look over how I'm editing the series and give me thoughts on how I'm doing.
which we have stopped discussing completely. If he's still planning on doing this, then I think he deserves people to give him a binary yes or no. The way Zetaboards handles PMs should make it easy for people who answer in the negative to not have any of their conversations read.

If mv or anyone who knows him is still reading this and he still wants to make the series, I'd recommend setting up a google doc, so you can get answers to that question without wading through this topic.

Return to “Social Game Archive”