Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.7HighKingDestro (2) - Aatami, Fykus
EccentricLemon (2) - rb, Tarkus
Tarkus (2) - Creature, Sagittarius
Creature (1) - HighKingDestro

Not voting (2) - Loopdan, EccentricLemon,

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 22nd March 4.30 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2017-03-22 16:30:00)).
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Sagittarius »

See ya Accountant.

Idk about rb. Didn't understand why he got on my ass for something I didn't do. I'm gonna confess I kind of glazed over his posts because I found his typing mannerisms nice to read so it's probably a good idea to review him. I'm too lazy now though, maybe later.

You think I'm barking up the wrong tree Fykus?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Tarkus »

In post 243, Fykus wrote: Just a little offshoot of this thought - I find it curious that rb was kind of against the BP claim at the beginning and then never confirmed or denied if they are BP or not (considering the fact that our IC would have to be experienced in mafia and would thus know the advantages of this strategy).

As for the moment though, im 90% certain that HKD is scum and I find it unfortunate that the wagon on him fell apart before he could reappear and react to the pressure on him (surely he'd be due for a prod right about now?). As for his partner I'm going to have to do a few ISO reads to try and come to that conclusion.
That is curious. Not sure if rb was actually against it but he definitely didn't offer any support. Need to hear from him on this, but I like where his vote is at and I've been leaning town on him so far.

And I don't think the destro wagon really fell apart. Lost some votes, but I'm still scumreading him and accountant was as well. He should still be feeling the pressure.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Tarkus »

Btw lemon claimed not BP as well
Aatami
Aatami
Townie
Aatami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Aatami »

What are everyone's thoughts on the tarkus vs Sagittarius debate? Sagittarius how has Farkus' other posts chaged your read of him if at all and how do you feel about him Tarkus? Personally, I'm pretty sure its tvt, and I really want to hear others weigh in.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Loopdan »

I skimmed this game before asking to replace in. Gut was that the team was Accountant/rb. Was pleasantly surprised by my role pm (not scum).

Nobody should do anything other than vote rb or destro until they both claim BP or not BP.

VOTE: rb
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Creature »

Do you townread Fykus?
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Loopdan »

town-lean
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Loopdan »

Dammit. I just said nobody should do anything until rb and destro claim BP or not BP and then I did something.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Creature »

Oh right.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 258, Loopdan wrote:Dammit. I just said nobody should do anything until rb and destro claim BP or not BP and then I did something.
I like the way you think.

Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 252, Tarkus wrote:
In post 243, Fykus wrote: Just a little offshoot of this thought - I find it curious that rb was kind of against the BP claim at the beginning and then never confirmed or denied if they are BP or not (considering the fact that our IC would have to be experienced in mafia and would thus know the advantages of this strategy).

As for the moment though, im 90% certain that HKD is scum and I find it unfortunate that the wagon on him fell apart before he could reappear and react to the pressure on him (surely he'd be due for a prod right about now?). As for his partner I'm going to have to do a few ISO reads to try and come to that conclusion.
That is curious. Not sure if rb was actually against it but he definitely didn't offer any support. Need to hear from him on this, but I like where his vote is at and I've been leaning town on him so far.

And I don't think the destro wagon really fell apart. Lost some votes, but I'm still scumreading him and accountant was as well. He should still be feeling the pressure.
In post 75, rb wrote:i have no idea why we're bp claiming
He acted all coy with it and then never acknowledged anybody mentioning it again.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

I don't know how you people got more than half-way through day1 using the BP claim strategy without forcing every player to claim. Several players in this game should know better (Accountant included).
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 262, Loopdan wrote:I don't know how you people got more than half-way through day1 using the BP claim strategy without forcing every player to claim. Several players in this game should know better (Accountant included).
I'll take the blame for that one. I was the one who brought it up in the first place and then I never kept track of who had claimed/who hadn't until yesterday when someone else posted it.
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Sagittarius »

Still smells like fish jerky, Aatami. Not sure about Accountant though.

Idk what's the big deal about rb ignoring the BP thing. I'm more concerned about his stance on Destro/Lemon. The entire situation is like melted cheddar flung in glue. Totally piss coloured. Especially that thing with Destro. Didn't even say anything before he switched his stance there. So I'll bite.

Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Sagittarius »

^ fykus
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Tarkus »

Yayy we're doing this!

VOTE: Destro

And I think sagittarius is prob town.
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Sagittarius »

Wait hey Aatami explain your town read on Tarkus because I like you and I need to know if I'm staring from inside the ground or out of it
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Loopdan »

I have ZERO qualms about lynching either rb or destro if they continue to avoid making a BP or not BP claim.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Huntress »

HighKingDestro has been prodded.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I don't necessarily agree that it's right to go after rb for not supporting the BP claim thing. He's the IC, and the IC my last game tried their best to remain neutral and not get in the way of people trying different strategies. So he might not approve but not want to interfere. Idk if it's a universal IC thing or if it's just the one I happened to have. In any case, I want him to comment on it because there isn't much about it in his ISO. Personally, if I were to scumread him, it would be because of his complete certainty of players' alignments. Even being a seasoned player and the ISO doesn't excuse that kind of certainty in my book.

I keep getting confused between Tarkus and Fykus haha, they sound so similar.
In post 254, Aatami wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on the tarkus vs Sagittarius debate?
I agree that it's most likely town v. town. Neither of them strike me as scum, really. I think Tarkus' questions are very valid and constructive and Sagittarius' analysis is pretty thought out.
In post 243, Fykus wrote:
I'd like a claim from you three on your next posts please or I'll start voting as if a non claim is an admission of being scum.
Not really a fan of this take-charge attitude or the missed statement in my post. Even if Fykus just skimmed my post, my not BP claim was the last thing in the post, so it wasn't hard to miss. I agree it was a bit long and dreary, but especially if he's so concerned with the whole BP claim thing he should at least be skimming posts for that. What I'm trying to say is I don't like how this means or at least makes it seem that Fykus didn't read that post, which he should have expected was going to answer to a lot of statements made toward me at a time when my play was under scrutiny.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

Dammit, in that last sentence in the first paragraph, that should be IC and not ISO.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Loopdan »

VOTE: 270 is the scummiest post I have read in a long long time. I'm not moving my vote off of rb until he claims, but that was terrible.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Loopdan »

:oops:
Creature
Creature