Spectators

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I enjoy seeing spectators post or give feedback in my confessional, so I try to reciprocate that when I spectate.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Mods are inherently different from specs because they have to run the game. Some mods ask lots of questions, some don't. Specs don't technically have a vested interest in the game being completed and don't have to spend a lot of their time worrying about other things, so while mods can fill this role, they don't always and if they have to or feel the need to, then it could end up interfering with other things in their lives.

Players are extremely different from specs because players have an agenda. When you talk to a spec, that spec may or may not be rooting for you, but cannot actively cause your downfall or help you succeed. Talking to players is work, effort. Talking to specs in a confessional is rest, it's more for synthesizing thoughts, organizing your head, cooling off from the work that it takes to play these games.

mods can fill the role but that's another burden on them and don't always, players can't because they're just different.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

specs could communicate through the mods, but yeah it wasn't ideal