Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Fykus »

Sorry lemon i honestly didnt see it. P.s was a pretty scummy post.
P.p.s being IC doesnt give someone free reign on staying out of discussions and/or important strategy participation
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Fykus »

Also im at work so dont expect immediate responses from me
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 272, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: 270 is the scummiest post I have read in a long long time. I'm not moving my vote off of rb until he claims, but that was terrible.
So what makes it terrible?
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:45 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

It's alright, Fykus. I didn't mean to come off as so confrontational. I understand.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.8rb (3) - Loopdan, Fykus, Sagittarius
HighKingDestro (2) - Aatami, Tarkus
EccentricLemon (1) - rb
Tarkus (1) - Creature
Creature (1) - HighKingDestro

Not voting (1) - EccentricLemon

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 22nd March 4.30 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2017-03-22 16:30:00)).
Aatami
Aatami
Townie
Aatami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Aatami »

In post 267, Sagittarius wrote:Wait hey Aatami explain your town read on Tarkus because I like you and I need to know if I'm staring from inside the ground or out of it
What do you mean by staring from or out of the ground? I like Tarkus for his interactions with you and with lemon, I understad his rationale in discussing with you and see it as town motivated. I also like what he said to lemon when discussing her vote, and upon rereading post 241 came off as super weird to me???
In post 241, EccentricLemon wrote:I'll unvote him if you're so bothered by it. It doesn't matter either way for me.

UNVOTE: Creature
Saying "youre so bothered by it" makes Tarkus look like the crazy one when I think this is a valid point to bring to Lemons? Especially if were just townies, our votes are a big part of us getting stuff done and it should matter.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

It was just a vote left over from the RV stage. I'd honestly completely forgotten about it. When I was reminded of it, I decided not to move my vote. I think I've made it pretty clear at this point that I'm in no way pushing anything on Creature, nor is anyone else. I admit I was a bit rude and that was uncalled for.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Tarkus »

should I wait for rb and destro or
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Tarkus »

ask questions and stuff
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Fykus »

Ill leave that decision to loopdan since hes more experienced but i think ive got an idea of the scumteam now. Will post in depth after work
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Fykus »

Go ahead and ask questions. Questions are good
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

Aatami: Tunnel vision.
Tarkus: Why would you wait?
Fykus: Why are you all over Loopdan?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Tarkus »

I wasn't going to wait long, wanted to see what people would say :)

@Lemonnn I see a path to you being town but it's getting more remote. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It seems like you don't really care about your vote much, which isn't a very town attitude to have. It's fine to have a wrong vote on a townie sometimes but you gotta use it as a tool I think.

Who do you think is the scummiest? And also do you not agree with voting for the people who haven't claimed not bp/bp?

And yeah ruuuude (jk it's fine lol)
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Tarkus »

And I like fykus and your responses btw
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Tarkus »

In post 270, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 243, Fykus wrote:
I'd like a claim from you three on your next posts please or I'll start voting as if a non claim is an admission of being scum.
Not really a fan of this take-charge attitude or the missed statement in my post. Even if Fykus just skimmed my post, my not BP claim was the last thing in the post, so it wasn't hard to miss. I agree it was a bit long and dreary, but especially if he's so concerned with the whole BP claim thing he should at least be skimming posts for that. What I'm trying to say is I don't like how this means or at least makes it seem that Fykus didn't read that post, which he should have expected was going to answer to a lot of statements made toward me at a time when my play was under scrutiny.
What on earth is wrong with his attitude there?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by rb »

Tbh I've never seen the BP claim thing Loopdan? In fact, how is this suddenly a thing you're insistent on when all of our previous newbie games together you haven't even suggested it at all?

I actually can't stand mechanical-clearing people and think it's a wholly shit way to teach newbies to play because matrix6 is designed to be a simplified manner in which they can learn how to scumhunt, not a setup to be exploited to try and get a win. Honestly the stupidest thing.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by rb »

Every player I know who sits around in setup-spec happens to also be a shitty player, so I'm not claiming or not-claiming BP on the principle of: "play the game, not the gimmick"
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by rb »

In post 281, EccentricLemon wrote:It was just a vote left over from the RV stage. I'd honestly completely forgotten about it. When I was reminded of it, I decided not to move my vote. I think I've made it pretty clear at this point that I'm in no way pushing anything on Creature, nor is anyone else. I admit I was a bit rude and that was uncalled for.
um can we lynch lemons? he isnt pushing, isnt voting and apparently doesnt have any reads either. this is scum territory
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by rb »

In post 241, EccentricLemon wrote:I'll unvote him if you're so bothered by it. It doesn't matter either way for me.

UNVOTE: Creature
lol wtf
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by rb »

town votes for the ppl they think are scum, they dont just vote randomly and unvote because other ppl dislike it.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 290, rb wrote:Tbh I've never seen the BP claim thing Loopdan? In fact, how is this suddenly a thing you're insistent on when all of our previous newbie games together you haven't even suggested it at all?
Because it's a new strategy that was just recently proposed by RC and literally nobody has been able to show how it doesn't benefit town.

Allowing everyone else to claim not BP while you sat there not talking about it
at all
is very scummy. Now refusing to claim BP or not BP is even worse. If you are scum you have the benefit of hearing the claims of others without being forced to limit your own claims. It preserves your ability to fake-claim later.

You have until the end of your next post to either do the claim or satisfactorily explain how refusing to do so benefits town more than you claiming BP/no-BP.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by rb »

Lemons is scum. Loopdan is probably town. Last scum after lemons is in Destro/Sagittarius. Rest can be town by default but we should lynch within Destro/Sag/Lemons
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 290, rb wrote:I actually can't stand mechanical-clearing people and think it's a wholly shit way to teach newbies to play because matrix6 is designed to be a simplified manner in which they can learn how to scumhunt, not a setup to be exploited to try and get a win. Honestly the
Get off your high horse and play to your wincon.

But maybe you are...
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 286, Sagittarius wrote: Fykus: Why are you all over Loopdan?
Carefully re-read his ISO and you'll possibly see it. But the tl;dr is I'm pretty positive he's town.
In post 290, rb wrote:Tbh I've never seen the BP claim thing Loopdan? In fact, how is this suddenly a thing you're insistent on when all of our previous newbie games together you haven't even suggested it at all?

I actually can't stand mechanical-clearing people and think it's a wholly shit way to teach newbies to play because matrix6 is designed to be a simplified manner in which they can learn how to scumhunt, not a setup to be exploited to try and get a win. Honestly the stupidest thing.
viewtopic.php?p=8863697#p8863697

TBH I wasn't a fan of it when it was suggested in a game I was involved in either (in my first game we didn't find out we had a BP til day 2 when a nk was missed, which eventually led us to work out who scum were) but then I read this explanation. It makes sense for us to try it out, plus it gives opportunity early on for scum to slip up. Feel free to not participate in it but I'll take that as an admission of guilt and will push for your lynch today.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Loopdan »

First proposed in-game in Newbie 1775:
In post 8, RadiantCowbells wrote:So, over the last few months while I was not playing Mafia I have been working on strategies to up town's winrate in this setup and since I have finally rolled town I am going to put them into action.
The correct play at the beginning of D1 in this setup is for the 1-Shot Bulletproof, if any, to claim. This helps town immensely in numerous setups. Why am I advocating this?

1) It is fucking insane for scum to try to claim 1-shot BP in this situation. It is an insane risk play which forces a 1v1 in 5/6 setups and gets minor towncred in 1/6.
2) If the setup is Roleblocker/Jailkeeper/1-Shot BP, it's easy for the BP claim to be disbelieved. The claim coming at the start of the game makes it far more trustworthy.
3) If the setup is Tracker/1-Shot BP/Goon, the Tracker knows that there is no doc and can be a lot safer on claiming. Note that mathematically the correct play is to target the outed tracker if the other PR is not known; so little potential gain is made here.
4) If the setup is Tracker/Doc/Goon, a living tracker will know by the lack of a BP claim that there is a doctor. He can then claim safely and be doctor protected the entire game. Which sucks because I'm going to get guaranteed nightkilled but I'll get over it.

Since the 1-Shot Bulletproof doesn't actually net town a mislynch by being hit it is not actually specifically valuable for it to bait the hit.
This does come at the cost of narrowing down the game possibilities for scum: but I believe that the reward is well worth the price.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”