2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Romo wants a place he can start and go to a superbowl with. Only teams that fit that bill are DEN and KC. DEN has QBs early in their careers that could one day win a SB. KC has 1 QB much later in his career that won't win a superbowl in Smith. Foles is a good backup. BUT if KC wants a championship they need an upgrade and they can afford to risk Romo getting injuried as they have two guys that could easily come in and start though they are weaker than Romo.

JAX and MIN also have QBs early in their careers with unknown potentials in Bortles and Bridgewater. Bradford unlikly to stay with vikings after season starts. Romo will not want to be in CLE, CHI, or Rams. They have no chance at SB or playoffs in 3 years and at most thats what romo has left. CHI and RAMS may want Romo as a bridge to a young guy but cleveland won't want him for that.

NYJ could have playoff shot with Romo. Decker and Marshall are great targets for him. Forte great RB to take pressure off Romo. Powell good developing RB. NYJ defense however is not what it used to be. I think if Romo goes there they will make playoffs but fall short. DEN and KC can make playoffs without Romo and thats why Romo will want to go there. Romo does not want a team that he will have to push, he wants a team to push him to the top. Elliot and dallas could have pushed him if he still had time.

Romo is either KC, NYJ, or DAL in the future they most sensible
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

If Romo goes to jets, my NFC picks remain the same while AFC is:
1 PIT
2 NE
3 OAK
4 TEN
5 NYJ
6 KC

NYJ > TEN
KC < OAK

NYJ < PIT
OAK < NE

NE < PIT (Pit finally beats NE in playoffs)

PIT < DAL (PIT chokes to a young team they should beat. Dallas uses more money on defense instead of on Tony. Sad day for Tony)

If Romo stays in Dallas:
1 NE
2 OAK
3 PIT
4 TEN
5 KC
6 BAL

1 GB
2 DAL (Dak may struggle in year 2 as people get a better hold on what DAL is now about. Romo will get playtime and boost them over NYG during
regular season
)
3 SEA
4 TB
5 NYG
6 SF

BAL < PIT
KC < TEN
NYG > TB
SF > SEA

KC < NE
PIT < OAK
NYG > DAL (Dallas DEF comes up short. Romo is scapegoated again. Perhaps now they get rid of him for 2018)
SF < GB

NYG < GB
OAK > NE (Carr for MVP but...)

OAK < GB (Rodgers better than another #4)
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Nero, why do you think Romo goes to Texans?

I'm not saying I think they are happy with Brock, I'm saying don't they have too much money invested there to be willing to spend even more on Romo.

Texans, Denver, and KC could make a Superbowl with Romo. Jets could make playoffs with Romo

Romo can't save any other team you list
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cruz was good before his injury. Then odell stepped in. Cruz is gonna need the right team and place to do well again. Jennings was also let go by giants. Jennings had been pretty bad past couple of years and not for health reasons. I think It will be harder for him to find a team

Redskins are fools if they don't pay up to keep kirk. Redskins missed playoffs last year, but not because of kirk. Run game was inconsistent and defense needed to make more stops. They may also want to get a new kicker. Dustin Hopkins missed a few too many. Had he made the one against the Bengals in overtime, they would have made playoffs

Bengals and Steelers probably need better kickers too. Boswell did alright when he did kick but Steelers went for 2 a lot so there must be something they don't like about Boswell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay romo to Texans seems most likely now. Hopkins should be happy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Romo goes to Houston and stays healthy

1 NE
2 PIT
3 OAK
4 HOU
5 TEN
6 KC

1 GB
2 NYG
3 TB
4 SEA
5 DAL
6 ATL

Not going to predict playoff games at this time

Romo stays in Dallas

1 NE
2 PIT
3 OAK
4 TEN
5 KC
6 BAL

1 GB
2 DAL
3 TB
4 SEA
5 NYG
6 ATL

NYG looks real good at the moment. DAL couldn't beat NYG last year without Romo and now NYG looks better. His mind or body stays with DAL and gets them over NYG

Romo changes team and gets injured again

1 NE
2 PIT
3 OAK
4 TEN
5 KC
6 BAL

1 GB
2 NYG
3 TB
4 SEA
5 DAL
6 ATL

I would hate to see Romo go out like that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kmd4390 wrote:Poker, why Tennessee over KC?
TEN beat KC near end of last year in KC. I like TEN's run game. TEN will win the south as long as HOU does not get a
healthy
Romo. OAK should beat KC as long as Carr comes back strong

I am betting on Carr and Marriota coming back good and things mostly being the same as last year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Once Raiders are in Vegas I need to go to Vegas to bet on which player will go crazy partying there during the year. You have guys in their 20s in vegas, somebody is gonna be dumb
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

lol. Which 4 picks did you tell her the cowboys are getting? Detroit's 1st pick and what else? If you don't have a good answer for this, your ruse will fall flat. Also doesn't she post on the forum?

BTW in case you one line before the game, who you think gonna win NCAA championship tonight? I placed a bet on Gonzaga at start of tourney. Who you betting on?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Given Romo recent seasons this is probably for the best for him. He's about to have a 3rd kid so I'm sure he wants to be healthy to do stuff with that child and the others

Poor Houston. They didn't want to trade for Romo so when Jerry opened the gates for other GMs and coaches to contact Tony, Houston didn't call. They didn't want to tip their hand that far, but it was obvious they were interested and should have scheduled at least a work out. What will Houston do now? Get Jimmy G.? Draft a QB? Call Minnesota about Bridgewater or Bradford?

I know a guy who knows the Houston system and may be available to play since Browns might not want him...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adrian Peterson has signed with the Saints. So much for him wanting to be on a superbowl caliber team. Many fumbles and injuries came with Saints RB Ingram. With Peterson on that team, I expect more fumbles and injuries.

Raiders will have to get Lynch or use the draft to find Murray's replacement.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have not posted here since before the draft. Was generally happy with how browns did in draft. Got a lot people I liked and picks. Brock had a bad oline protecting him when he was in houston. Hopefully he will do good with us or we can trade him or cut him. We have already gotten draft pick value out of him so if we get no more value I ain't sad. If we get 7-9 or better I will be happy. Playoffs unlikely to happen.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #377 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Can't believe browns cut Joe Haden.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #489 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

His GF is an idiot for making that tweet. It was likely not the only reason Kap didn't go there

The Jags owner said they could consider Kap moving forward. Am I the only person that thinks Bortles is a descent QB? He is better than Henne.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #491 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Before season predictions

AFC

NE - 1
MIA
BUF
NYJ

PIT - 2
BAL
CLE
CIN

HOU - 4
TEN - 6
JAX
IND

OAK - 3
KC - 5
DEN
LAC

NFC

NYG - 2
DAL - 5
WAS
PHI

GB - 1
DET
MIN
CHI

TB - 4
ATL - 6
CAR
NO

SEA - 3
ARI
SF
LAR

TEN < OAK
KC > HOU
DAL > TB
ATL < SEA

KC < NE
OAK > PIT
DAL > GB
SEA < NYG

OAK < NE
DAL < NYG

I want OAK and DAL to win but I feel this will happen instead

NE > NYG
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #492 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 490, drealmerz7 wrote:haha last year during the Eagles vs. Ravens game Daryl Johnston says something like "Osweiler was released from the Broncos, if John Elway doesn't want a QB, I wouldn't want him either / that should tell you something"
Oswieler being a Bronco again is funny but given Paxton's injury, its a good insurance move for them
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #527 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hunt's first carry was a fumble. He did well to recover from that.

Alex Smith looked like a beast. Gonna be a bit before we see Mahomes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #541 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think they answer to that^ is no...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #687 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Patriots coaching staff is their best weapon. Even in a year without brady (2008) they looked good even with a slow start. Now in a year without Edelman, they should be fine even with a slowed start. Especially since the rest of the AFC east is bad. Miami could be descent but BUF and NYJ will be in top 5 draft picks next year.

Browns are looking better than they have in the past. I think we can beat IND but finishing between 5-7 wins is likely the best we will do this year with our schedule. CIN is looking like dumpster fire quality. Would not be surprised if Dalton gets benched for Mc Carron

Eli was good in 2008 and 2011. Was on rush after winning a superbowl in 2007 season. Then in 2011 he said he was Elite. People laughed and then NYG went to superbowl and Won. Peyton carried the Colts most of his career while Eli got carried most of his. I thought Giants would be good this year when they got new weapons, but that does not appear to be happening with that Oline and lack of running game. Peterson would be better than Perkins, but not enough better to make handing him that cash, worth it.

Only years I'd take Eli over Peyton would be 2011 (Peyton was injuried that year and Eli was at his best) and 2015 (Broncos Defense carried Peyton, almost anything was better than him)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #716 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bortles is looking better than he has this season, but that jag defense is still doing most of the work.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #733 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I've always said that Romo's main problem was that he played for Dallas. Dallas wanted and expected him to be the next Aikman or Staubach. He wasn't those things, but he still was a good QB. Everyone expected too much of Romo which led to him trying too hard and getting blamed for a lot of stuff. Sure some of it was his fault, but most of it was a result of expectations not syncing up. Now that we don't have an expectation of him in terms of commentating, he finally has a chance to impress as apposed to a chance to disappoint.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #745 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Until BUF, NYJ, and or MIA prove they can beat NE, NE has nothing to worry about. They'll make playoffs every year until one of them steps up.

Romo's health is what finished him off. But the problem that was there even in his early years was that he was good and not great and Dallas is too used to great, not willing to settle for just good. Romo was at his best as a Game Manager QB with Murray running strong. Had Dallas addressed the run game earlier in his career and not put the offense mainly on Romo, I think Dallas could have had more playoff wins, maybe even a superbowl. Romo was not good under pressure. You pressure him to be Aikman or Staubach, and he won't be them. Especially without Emmitt Smith or Tony Dorset.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #771 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay as long as you aren't jumping ship whenever your current team does bad, you are a true fan.

If you are a fan of a different team every year and that team is currently on top, then you are a bandwagoner. And bandwagoners get lynched on this website.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #780 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Can't I be both?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #824 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I feel like Raiders going to LA would sell better than Chargers. And Raiders going to Vegas would sell better than Chargers going there.

Chargers could go to St Louis or London unless Jags go to London in a few years

I personally don't think its good for a south or west division team to be in London or for nfl to really be in London but since $ controls it all, I can see it happening
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #843 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Vince Wilfork was also on both of those Patriots teams.

Since there are two teams in LA, if only 1 fails at a time, people are more likely to believe the blame is on the team than who really is to blame
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #886 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Didn't Hogan already start as Browns QB before? I swear he started one back when McCown and Kessler were injured last year. Our O-line was shit then its better now, but not enough. Crowell is playing like shit. Hogan did well against jets so he does deserve a shot. Browns don't have a QB that can do it all. No player really can. At least Browns are starting to show progress that they realize that.

I think either NYG or CLE will get number 1 pick. Chargers play both of them and should get wins against each one this year. They are already 1/2 way there. SF has come really close to beating a few teams. I think they could steal a game from Rams and or Arizona at some point in the season. SF, CLE, NYG, Chargers will be top 4 picks. Jets and Miami will be 5 and 6. Miami looks bad with Cutler. Why did he come back if he was gonna play like this? I'm amazed Jets have 3 wins this season.

Jags are random and will ditch Bortles next year. They could trade up with any of the aforementioned teams. They spent a lot of money and picks on defense and good run game. Someone told them good run game and defense wins championships. I wonder who told them that...
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #889 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

To be honest, I think giants may need to sack more than just their Coach to get on the right track. A better staff that actually spends picks and money on oline and run game could turn things around for them. 6 games sounds a bit much. I will have to take a look at their schedule to see how many I think they'll get.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #892 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looking at NYG schedule, at 'best' they could beat SF, ARI, DAL, PHI, WAS, and Rams. They have to play WAS twice but certainly won't take both. So I'm gonna guess they go 3-13. That may be enough for them to realize they messed up and sack their GM, coach and maybe more

NYG, CLE, LAC, SF, MIA, NYJ might not be the exact order of who drafts next year, but those 6 should be in the first 6 picks unless Jags or someone else trade up.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #901 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jets should be able to get 1 or 2 out of MIA and BUF. Probably just 1. Chargers might or might not lose to them. So best they get 6 wins, but I think they go 5-11. 6th pick feels right to me. The other teams I mentioned are where the arrangement could go anyway
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #924 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay right now, eagles looking like best team in the nfc east. I think I said:
NYG
DAL
WAS
PHI
in that division at start of the year. The exact opposite is looking more true right now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #951 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'd give tony romo a call or see if bradford or bridge is available before I go after kaep

I didn't see the jets pats game or the controversial call of the non-td touchback until just now in a video. They should not have overturned that td on that call. At no point does the ball leave his person. If it hit the ground or fell out, I'd be ok with it but seriously that didn't look like much of a bobble and a bobble is not a fumble. Given there was still 8+ minutes left, no telling how game would have changed. Patriots would have played harder if score was closer. Patriots probably still would have won. But that was a bad call.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #972 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I made a joke when I said call bradford or bridgewater. MIN are rivals with GB after all. Guess no one realized that

I'd rather have old Romo than old Kaep, but don't think Romo would go for it. They should see what they got in Hundley and maybe look into kaep if that fails.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #980 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

When I said old I meant in the past. Back when Romo was good compared to when kaep was good.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1005 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

The NFL scheduling feels badly organized this year. I like how in previous years we had a rivalry game every Thursday. Closer matches and entertainment. Every team got at least one Thursday game and it was good. Ravens vs Miami was boring last night

Non Rivalry games can go to London. The fans that really enjoy the rivalry are not in London. What happened last week was dumb. Why did 2 west coast teams have a rivalry game in London? Anyone on west coast watching the 6am or 9am pacific London games this year? London games 'should' start at 1pm eastern. American fans would be able to wake up at same time every week to watch the games. Also Players that normally play at 1pm eastern would be playing at rhythms they are used to since it would still be 1pm eastern despite whatever time it is in London. Put less strain on players and fans bodies.

London just wants to see a good game with good teams. Why are Browns playing there this week?

Also this year there are a couple of weeks with nothing but rivalry matches. Give us variety. Don't have weeks where you only get rivalry or only get inter-conference play. Mix it up, give us some of everything every week.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1011 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am fine with a lot of divisional games happening on last week for sake of playoff contention and excitement. Thing is you have 6 matches every season against people in your division so you can spare one rivalry game for every Thursday night
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1012 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1007, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 1005, PokerFace wrote:The NFL scheduling feels badly organized this year.
I'm still trying to figure out how Philadelphia and Washington have already played twice before midseason
Yay this is dumb about this years schedule too. In general Washington probably has the most screwed up schedule this year. Week 4 they were the monday night football game. Week 5 they had a bye. Week 6 they were the sunday night game. Week 7 they were the monday night foot ball game again. I don't hate or love washington, but they weren't a playoff team last year. So why we giving them prime time show offs like this?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1014 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

That cat thought being surrounded by birds and fish was a good thing until last Thursday night
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1020 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not surprised Gruden was biased on last monday since his brother coaches the redskins. I kinda wonder if that is partly why redskins getting so much monday night time.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1072 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Think I gonna give up on browns and go back to my nfc alternative of GB. Problem is NFC north is really up for grabs with rogers on IR

Eagles getting jay was unexpected. I guess they feel they can make a bid for superbowl this year given how well season has goone for them at 1/2 way mark

Kinda surprised 49ers went and got garapolo. I thought they would run beathard this year and get Cousins in FA since WAS has not been on same page with Cousins past two years
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1117 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fournette is out for Jacksonville for breaking a team rule. What team rule did he break?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1121 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1118, PJ. wrote:Being good at football
Well played
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1180 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Iprobablysuck wrote:NFL Blitz is the BEST football game not named Tecmo.
I agree
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1188 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Tecmo superbowl greatest football video game. That was sequel to Tecmo bowls which was made at a time most football teams didn't want to sell their rights to game makers. Not all nfl teams are in tecmo bowl. When that game did well, all teams signed up for sequel.

People still take this game and update it to today's players, and sell it. There's even special player versions that cost way less than what I heard EA is doing for their dream team mode. Got myself the GOLD version last year with the best players ever. Kurt Warner and Rams Four horseman all together on 1 team for example.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1209 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1189, PJ. wrote:How does it feel to be wrong?

Play any of the late 00s early 10s college games. They are the best man.
Never played any of those college football games. Last college football game I own is for the Sega Genesis.

The difference between the bills and the browns is how long their plans work before they fall apart. I can't believe they benched tyrod. He was not why Saints crushed them. Bills still have a chance at playoffs but its smaller now. They won't go deep into playoffs if they make it there. I don't think the chiefs will go deep after their loss to the giants
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1211 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 00951740~1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I want Raiders to have Baltimore's spot, but given how easy the ravens schedule is, I think they will get in.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1279 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Giants should be starting Webb instead of Geno as Shea mentioned. Eli may be a jaguar next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1354 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

May they lie in the pit of misery
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1355 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Brady was good in the Superbowl last year. His performance was par for what Brady normally does.

James White got 3 TDs in that super bowl via receiving and running. He got a 2 point conversion. He also got more receiving yards
than any other player had ever got in any super bowl.

Brady got Super Bowl MVP, but I still feel White deserved it more. What Brady did was routine and par for him. It was also something other QBs had done in the past. What White did was something that had never happened before in any superbowl. (Yes the Patriots had a comeback in the superbowl unlike any before. And 3 tds and 2pt were scored by James white so Brady did not engineer that come back himself. That was a team effort).

Assuming Seatle wins their division, I think Wilson deserves Season MVP.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1363 (isolation #49) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bears is their best chance. Ravens second best

Packers is possible only if Rodgers does not play. If Rodgers plays, forget about it.

The year Lions went 0-16 they played GB in the last game of the year when GB had nothing more they could clinch iirc. GB still won, I think because they didn't want to take it too easy before playoffs. Steelers may do the same.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1380 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am kinda surpised Browns got rid of Sashi and hired Dorsey so fast. Why did KC get rid of Dorsey again?

I wonder if they botched the McCarron trade as they may be planning to get rid of Hue too.

Alex Smith could be Browns next bridge QB after they draft another one next year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1388 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last night I watched Jay Cutler play better than Tom Brady. What crazy world is this and how did I get here?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1392 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jacksonville is the team I want to win the AFC. With the superbowl being played in Minnesota I kinda think they will play harder than ever, but I not sure if I want Vikings in it or not.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1419 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'm getting sick of the "was it a catch rule." Football has been around for so long and we still have issue defining what a catch is and is not. Rule is ruining the game and overall entertainment value of football
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1420 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Also the cowboys game. I thought it was a first down when they showed footage. Then they brought out the sticks. It now looked like I was wrong or they gave the ball a bad spot. Then they bust out a folded index card. WTH! Since when is this a thing? What's the crazy rule that allows this?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1487 (isolation #55) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

To be honest, I think the Jets TD that was ruled a touchback was the worst call all year.

The biggest problem I have with these rulings, is you are only suppose to overturn if there is no doubt the official made an error. The very fact we are having a conversation right now about these rulings, means there is doubt. So you should go by the call on the field.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1504 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes I have been complaining about how replay has been used to overturn too much. The calls on the field really have been neglected. My main motivation for thinking this way is more replay means longer games with longer pauses of no action on the field. I support entertainment! And what we are having is fans watching games with refs that really don't matter. Games where on field action and calls matter less than what might have been seen by the most expensive of cameras. If the cameras are whats most important, I might as well watch every game from home and not pay for any tickets.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1540 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

https://youtu.be/pAuHmKAAfEc?t=21m51s
^People debating the 3 aforementioned questionable calls. Starts at 21:51, watch until 27:34
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1543 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tomorrow the browns shall achieve the imperfect season. I think we could have won a couple games this season since had we played harder in the games where we forced overtime. Did the 2007 lions or 1976 bucs ever go to overtime during their imperfect seasons?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1548 (isolation #59) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not a big raiders fan they are the only AFC west team I care for. Our website does have quite a few raiders fan so I think this needs discussed
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -available
Carr did not come back as strong as people hoped from injury and with their coordinator issues, raiders missed the playoffs this year. They did not miss it by a lot, and I don't think Jack was the cause. So getting rid of him feels like a bad move. Especially since Gruden wants to be with TB.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... den-return.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1550 (isolation #60) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I realize TB has decided to change Coaches. They have not had any coach last longer than 2 years for awhile. Which is sad since the players want some stability in the staff

I realize Del Rio is the alternative to Gruden. I don't think Gruden will come back to the Raiders since the Bucaneers Job will be open.

If Gruden goes to Bucs and Rio stays with raiders, I think Rio is going to feel insulted. Especially since Raiders have said they want Gruden
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1552 (isolation #61) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well I clearly missed that article
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1553 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1525, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 736, pickemgenius wrote:weekly reminder deshone kizer fucking sucks.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1558 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Bills first playoff game in many years. If Peterman starts, they will lose to Jags defense. With Tyrod I think they still lose but have much better chance at win

BUF < JAX
TEN < KC
CAR < NO
ATL < LAR (Not very confident in this pick)

I want a Jags vs Rams Superbowl, but doubt it will happen.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1577 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I want a Jags vs Rams Superbowl, but doubt it will happen.
I would also be very happy about Jags vs Eagles. For most part I just want Jaguars in Superbowl even if they don't win. Sick of Pats vs Steelers and the drama there

I would be okay with Jags vs Vikes, but I feel that would be unfair since Superbowl is in Minnesota.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1579 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would be fine with that. I'd want jags to win since they never have. Given his season, Bortles probably doesn't deserve a superbowl ring but neither did Dilfer, Bradson, or Manning for 2015. Their defenses did the work. If Bortles goes off and plays like a god in the superbowl, he would deserve a ring though that won't happen.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1591 (isolation #66) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I thought Marvin said he was retiring. I want Hue to live up to his word and jump in Lake Erie. He refuse or never do it before draft, fire him. If he do it, fire him after the swim
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1592 (isolation #67) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1582, shaft.ed wrote:I wouldnt be surprised. Jags have been terrible the last couple weeks and their rushing def isn't all that great really.
Depends on McCoy's recovery obv, and which Bortles shows up
^This. As I think that defense can handle a hurt McCoy and Peterman, I think jags win. I think Jags can beat pit again but not confident they can beat patriots. If bills beat Jags, I not confident KC beats PIT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1604 (isolation #68) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzer said something about Peterman might be starting, Bella. Did Tyrod get hurt again?

If Tyrod and McCoy are back at top of game, Bills could win. If either is out or injured, the game is out of their reach. Jaguar defense doesn't rely on only two players like the bills offense does
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1607 (isolation #69) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Why would you dream that? You dislike the bills and like the jags for some reason?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1615 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sacksonville is a great nick name with that defense.

Bortortle is not as great as it sounds like a Pokemon that is easy for others to catch.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1620 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

SK, I don't play pokemon, I really only know of it, and thought the joke sounded funny

Rams vs Titans is not a bad choice. It was my favorite before Giants vs Patriots in the 2007 season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1622 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Thought sk was asking a question. Guess they were joining on the joke the same way.

Jags should beat the bills, not sure where they'll go after that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1651 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

If buffalo played the patriots I am not sure Patriots would win by as much as TSQ said.

In fair weather, Patriots don't need to send a message, they will get a lead, but I don't see them over exerting themselves against the bills.

In bad weather, A healthy McCoy would be a problem and I think the game would end up pretty close. The patriots would need to pull it together and win last minute in that scenario. Right now McCoy might not be healthy so I really doubt a game like that would result in high scores from either side. The patriots run game is not that good. They would be smart to do some heavy practicing in bad weather right now focusing on strengthening their run game and establishing what Tom is capable of through the air in this weather. I think the only way Pats lose early in playoffs to anyone, will be on an incredibly snowy day
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1670 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Triplette sucks. Game was made more interesting but less fair.

Sad day in KC. KC was the team most capable of beating the patriots
in round 2
of the playoffs. Tennessee will lose next round, probably to patriots.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1679 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Normally I would agree with the two posts above except Philly has not been good with Foles at the helm. They have been passing the ball more often than they should. They have two backs, Blount and Ajayi that have proven themselves in the past years, but not gotten done near as much this year. Meanwhile Atlanta has two backs that have been pretty solid even this year. Needless to say Ryan > Foles. So I actually have Atlanta winning next week even in cold weather.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1704 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'd replace Jeff Fisher with Ron Rivera
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1740 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

You need to worry about Fournette not Bortles
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1761 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sunday's games were great
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1786 (isolation #79) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

If the extra point/two point conversion play had resulted in a fumble, most point saints could get would be 2 points with the game ending 29-26. If the extra point/two point had been successful it could have been 30-24 or 31-24. The play after the score could not effect the outcome, only effect gambling results. An investigation into these items could happen but it would be hard to prove a lot. Its unlikely but still possible a player could have gotten injured on the play after the score. So kneeling down is the right call to keep healthy and not pile on the points against the Saints.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1798 (isolation #80) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wasn't mcadoo in charge of play calling or running some parts of the Giantas Offense during the year, and then he quit doing that part for some reason? Interviewing him is dumb for many reasons. I really hope Browns do not hire him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1855 (isolation #81) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Aronis is from Texas so I guess he is a cowboys fan that wants Eagles to lose more than anything just like the rest of us want New England to lose more than anything.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1896 (isolation #82) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

If I could have Smith or Cousins, its a tough call but I'd take Cousins. Since football is a business and he is about to cost too much, I understand why Washington did not keep him, but they will regret losing Fuller. KC may regret this too pending Mahomes's future
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1910 (isolation #83) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

AFC team won super bowl coin toss. That does not happen often
https://www.printyourbrackets.com/super ... sults.html
AFC has won 3 of the last 21 super bowl coin tosses
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1915 (isolation #84) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

About time a questionable TD call stood against the patriots
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1922 (isolation #85) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1915, PokerFace wrote:About time a questionable TD call stood against the patriots
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1931 (isolation #86) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Eagles were partly responsible for the rise of the Patriots Dynasty when Patriots got 3 Super Bowls in 4 years before. About time they rectified that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1941 (isolation #87) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1939, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1932, T-Bone wrote:This is a terrible outcome for me, the Eagles fan base is especially obnoxious.
So like yes we all wish that Jacksonville had won, but this is still preferable to the Pats winning.
+1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2007 (isolation #88) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

I enjoyed that video, wraith

27 others celebrating so pats, giants, cowboys, and redskins are not? Who else is not?

Side note, I have a coworker that is a big eagles fan. For a long time now he has been running a sort of art project on pinterest called "The Tears of Tom Brady". He has made photos of the tears of Tom Brady whenever the patriots have lost big. He is debating ending the art project given what happened this year since his favorite team beat them. He'll decide after he uploads this years image to the page whether or not to continue the project. Until then I am going to share the art project here for anyone that would like to see it.

https://www.pinterest.com/aschulak/tears-of-tom-brady/
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2009 (isolation #89) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I honestly think Doug Pederson did more for that eagles win than anyone else. Too bad coaches can't get MVP's.

A player on the losing team can win an MVP since its happened, but since people do vote on MVP, and more people vote on it than they did 40 years ago, I don't think a player on a losing team is going to win it in today due to the more popular opinion that a player on the losing team can't win it.

Personally, I don't like mvps that do not win. I also don't like it when offensive players get mvps while turning the ball over (granted it really wasn't Fole's fault given the ball tipping). But what I really don't like is when the mvp has another player on the other team do better than they did at their position. Brady played better yardagewise than Foles but Foles got 4 tds to Brady's 3tds. And Foles is probably the eagles player most responsible for their win. Brady didn't catch a pass or a TD so I am okay with Foles getting it with that in mind. That does reflect well on the Eagles play calling. Especially since I can't think of an Eagles player that deserves it more. Can you think of any Eagles player that more deserves MVP?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2155 (isolation #90) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

A lot of stuff was posted since last I posted. Dilly Dilly!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2176 (isolation #91) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2146, Nero Cain wrote:Should I go ahead and start a 2018 football thread or wait till after the fraft?
I would wait until August since the thread will get lost when there is the usual activity lul between draft and next season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2177 (isolation #92) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2169, Flubbernugget wrote:
Aw man it was great watching my local news station cut to a silent picture of the city from a distance after the drop of the first fuck word
I enjoyed Kelce's Speech and all the other speeches despite the F-bombs

I was glad when the cavs won, but not proud of how Lebron dropped some F-bombs on live TV a few years ago

The difference with the exception of Blount and Long, Philadelph Eagles had not been there before. Lebron had been there before and should have shown some class
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2182 (isolation #93) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am not sure if I want Browns to take a QB at 1 or at 4. They need a QB but given how soon their second pick is and how many good QB's exist in the draft, taking best available and then taking a QB at 4, might be the right call. This draft is stacked with QB talent like the 2004 draft. And Barkley looking real good and likely to be taken by NYG or IND. I just hope Browns don't select the JP Losman of these QB's
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2212 (isolation #94) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Glad browns got landry. Kessler and Kizer were not good but were also underutilized. They didn't have a chance to do anything other than fail with the rest of the team. Tyrod is an upgrade over what browns have, but not gonna do it all for us. Get the QB you want at 1. Scot's right. Browns wanted turbisky, dropped the ball. Browns wanted McCarron, dropped the ball. Missed out on good QB's previous years that did well last year. Get your guy browns, quit passing it up!

Note: Garret may be awesome eventually but he was out for part of last year and browns didn't get any wins. And now Browns get a descent QB in Tyrod that looks like a bridge. I'm tired of bridges, get what you want now!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2218 (isolation #95) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams getting some good players recently.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2223 (isolation #96) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like them getting peters and talib. Also unlike 2014 they have a good coach now.

I think shafted is right about buffalo. If browns get a QB at 1, I expect them to trade the 4th pick. Buffalo may be the trade partner. I think only way browns spend both those picks is if they get barkley at 1 and a QB at 4.

Return to “General Discussion”