Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 405, Fykus wrote: Is what gave me the scumread on lemon/rb. Basically lemon posts this as we're pressuring rb for a BP claim
Don't put words in my mouth, you were talking about the fact that rb won't say whether he agrees with the idea of
doing
BP claims, and apparently not agreeing was a problem:
In post 243, Fykus wrote: Just a little offshoot of this thought - I find it curious that rb was kind of against the BP claim at the beginning and then never confirmed or denied if they are BP or not (considering the fact that our IC would have to be experienced in mafia and would thus know the advantages of this strategy).
In post 270, EccentricLemon wrote:I don't necessarily agree that it's right to go after rb for not supporting the BP claim thing.
Which is what I was talking about. I snarled at you for missing a part of my post and you come back with this?
Also: what kind of question is
In post 365, Fykus wrote:Are you mafia?
Do you really expect them to answer "yes, I am mafia, please lynch me"?

I have to go
V/LA
for a bit, I have a theory that Sagittarius or rb are scum but probably not both and I'll try to explain why with a longer post. It's less of what they're saying and more of a scum-town dynamic that I'm seeing. Brace yourselves for another confusing as hell post from yours truly.

I don't like Creature's lack of substance and rare posts but I'm reluctant to read him as scum because I've seen town do that before.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

V/LA
by the way please. I don't know if that was apparent or not.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Fykus »

I look forward to hearing your theory lemon.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by rb »

Sag and I obviously wouldn't be a scumteam based on our interactions. Someone's already said as much too. Man I hate Lemons' last post with a passion as well as the fact they're inactive, then promise content, then V/LA right before deadline.

Literally offering nothing original and almost flaking on the game.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Tarkus »

Yeah, I think there's scums between sag/lemon/fykus and I want to lynch one of those three. Will come back tomorrow with more.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: lemon
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Loopdan »

@rb
Please answer my question in 381.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Creature-- Why does it bother you that I voted lemon instead of another wagon? You've brought it up twice now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Creature »

Do you townread all of HighKingDestro, EccentricLemon and Fykus?
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 am

Post by Loopdan »

Fykus=town lean
Destro=scum lean
I'm voting lemon.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Fykus »

Creature who are your scum reads?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Creature »

I'm currently at you + Loopdan.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Creature »

Because everybody else gives me town feelings.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Fykus »

Care to explain?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.11Sagittarius (2) - rb, Tarkus
EccentricLemon (2) - Loopdan, Fykus
rb (1) - Sagittarius
Pyra (1) - Aatami
Fykus (1) - Creature
Creature (1) - Pyra

Not voting (1) - EccentricLemon

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 22nd March 4.30 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2017-03-22 16:30:00)).

In post 426, EccentricLemon wrote:
V/LA
by the way please. I don't know if that was apparent or not.

How long do you expect to be on V/LA?

General Note about V/LA

Please make it clear if you are going to be away for a time, or have very limited access, by saying so in a bolded statement addressed to the mod giving the dates of your V/LA.

It's also useful to indicate that you are V/LA by by entering the dates you expect to be away for in the "Vacation/Limited Access" tab in the User Control Panel. This will put a banner on your posts during that period.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Tarkus »

Hey pyra, aatami, lemon: think there was scum on the rb wagon?
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

I got really goddamn sick so if you need something from me in particular just yell at me

Two days for a deadline doesn't sound too good , sounds like people are still in pressure mode jsntead of lynch mode

For me;

Preferred lynch target is still rb although idk if anyone is on board anymore. bother me for a point by point case, it's not just the BP thing
Fykus is second preferred lynch target, "
can compromise onto Lemon
Will throw a hissy fit if we lynch anyone else. Probably. Idk I'm tired . bye
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Tarkus »

Good point, don't wanna find ourselves in a situation where we rush to lynch someone at the deadline without giving them a chance to make an argument and/or claim. Join me on this?

VOTE: Fykus
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Pyra »

I just realized that Destro voted for Creature and left me with the vote when they were replaced.

As for Tarkus's question, probably I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if mafia was pushing a mislynch the first day although that doesn't mean that I'm townreading rb in any way, either. I'm not really sure what about voting for rb makes the people who did more likely to be mafia. It's still only Day 1 though so I don't really have any definite reads or conclusions based on behavior although I will say that Fykus is ticking me off a bit with the way that he was pushing rb/lemons seemingly only for disagreeing with the bp claim meta stuff and townreading loopdan for no apparent reason other than that we have to read between the lines. He isn't really explaining his reads (or I might have missed where he does) and keeps saying what we have to do if rb and lemon are scum and what made him read them as scum, not why they're scum or what about those quotes that he picked gave him that impression. Also, he isn't really pursuing anyone himself and seems to be instead asking other people for reads and their reasons as it gets closer to deadline. I'm not going to vote them up and give town another person to decide between to lynch, though I will probably do so Day 2 if they're still around.

UNVOTE:
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Tarkus »

kk, who would you want to lynch the most? I get that you're uncertain, it's day 1 after all, but the clock's ticking and we need to rally someone to L-1 soon.

My feeling on the rb wagon is that it seemed like a slam dunk as soon as rb refused to claim, with momentum already behind the "claim or die" idea, and they overplayed their hand.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Fykus »

Alright sag put your money where your mouth is and put a vote on rb.

VOTE: rb

As for everyone else ill post something properly after work.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Fykus »

Agree with tarkus. Theres 18 pages for you to examine and at least get a read from. With a couple days until the deadline now isnt the time to be pussy footing around pyra
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Pyra »

It does makes sense that mafia would want to use the bp claim idea to get mislynches out of people who didn't want to follow along with it. Maybe try looking for people who were pushing the idea the hardest (especially the claim or die part)? I don't have any particularly strong feelings about either Sagittarius or Lemon who it seems like the rest of you want to lynch. If it comes down to either one or the other, Lemon seems somewhat more like town to me personally because it doesn't seem to me that they've done anything suspicious or anti town other than refusing to go along with the claim thing and V/LAing (which is understandable) although Sagittarius hasn't done anything particularly bad either. So I guess if I was forced to lynch one or the other I'd rather go for Sagittarius, but idk really. Like I said before the only person that I scum read at all right now is Fykus for reasons that I previously stated, so I'll vote for them for the sake of moving things along (plus, Fykus was a pretty strong advocate for the whole bp claim or you're scum thing).

VOTE: Fykus
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Fykus »

Fwiw the bp claim was my idea. Also it generally disadvantages mafia. The whole thing was thought up as a way to improve town win rates. If youd like to learn more me and ladpool have both posted about it when arguing with rb
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Pyra »

I wouldn't say that I'm pussy footing around, Fykus, it's just that I would rather not push a lynch on potential town unless I'm sure that they're not town. Also it bothers me that you're trying to get Sagittarius to vote for rb without explaining why they should other than that they should put their money where their preferred target is. It seems like you're voting for rb instead of lemon because the rest of us look more likely to follow along with rb and it would be more convenient. I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me that you aren't committing to one read and switched around to a seemingly more likely lynch and all the while not explaining your switch or why one is better than the other (besides the fact that more people seem to be on board with one over the other). I'll go back and read the posts that you're talking about.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”