Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 55, Remembrance wrote:Thanks for giving all this advice guys.

1. Appeal to emotion when suspected.
2. Scum hunt and become more honest, show your reasoning and scum hunting process.
3. Get arrogant/haughty when accused of being scum.
4. If the player accusing you is reasonable, try to compromise/reason with them.
5. Ask them to clarify their argument against you to make sure everyone understands their argument.

Test response to accusation:
Post #1 LOL. No, I'm clearly town. Are you scum?
Post #2 (if the pressure builds), okay, okay! Can you please clarify: This point, this point, and this point.
post #3 Alright, while I address this accusation, I'm going to remake my case for Player #1 being scum
Post #4 listed reasons player is scum.
Post#5 I think you're a reasonable guy and you have a point, but these points: point 1, point 2, are flimsy and my points are a lot stronger, we can lynch a more probable scum today.
#6 Don't kill me! I have kids to feed! :cry:

Is that about right? Thank you very much! :D

If you only have a few votes/accusation on you when making those kinds of posts I'd probably actually start suspecting you more than I had beforehand. (I especially hate #1 & #6 as they don't help the game, that's not the right kind of AoE that can work, rather just fluff which never helps)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #72 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 71, Ms Marangal wrote:or, just be yourself. To many people on these forums try to hard to do anything. Being yourself is what gets you victory more times then not
That depends on how yourself works in relation to others being themselves.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 79, Jake from State Farm wrote:Just declare you are obv town. It works for me.
VOTE: jake
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #142 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 138, PantherPunt wrote:Not a theory question but role question-

Can hiders who target scum be saved if also targeted by a doctor? Or does that work differently in the hider role?
If the doctor targets the same scum, then possibly.

A doctor targeting the hider directly would fail.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

The factional kill is not compulsive, unless it's something that is demanded by the setup in particular.

Generally a stalled game like that will either have a 'Happily Ever After' or a 'Rocks Fall; Everybody Dies' ending to it, because nobody is wanting to make that move after a few phases.
One of the factions will either decide to risk it for the win, or they'll all settle for the draw/lose.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”