Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Regfan »

I would add an actual rulelist inside the OP rather than a link to a boilerplate; you can just copy and amend one of the rulelist from a mod you like.

Balance wise I agree with Fire in that it's slightly scum sided. I dislike the interaction between the 1shot vig and the 1shot friendly neighbor, if the latter uses their power on town then it's never optimal for the vig to have shot and this is something they'll be unaware of and thus probably shoot N1. I'd either amend the weak friendly neighbor, change the vig to 2shot or even both.

Interaction wise does the Mafia neighbourize visit re; watcher? Does the friendly neighbor?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Regfan »

I'd also reword the Mafia win condition.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Regfan »

@Empking - There's not enough reliable town power here to balance mafia having daytalk; in the current setup vig shooting is a hindrance (Moves odds to evens except one small thing happens). Pretty much a 2 masons without daytalk or nighttalk (Possibility of 0) & watcher as towns only power.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Regfan »

Problem with the boilerplate rule list link is it doesn't definitively explain what happens in certain instances; what defines a majority, if majority hasn't been reached by deadline is it a no Lynch?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Regfan »

I too typically skim through a rulelist and don't pay too mcuh attention to it as a player but it's fairly neccesary for new players to have there, it's also good to have some of the rules in the OP so it's easily accessible for others to look at.

Current scum win condition relies on zero townies being alive which kind of means they have to play through the days/nights even with majority, just needs rephrasing.

Yeah I'd be much more okay with this being changed to a 2-shot vig, I think it'll actually mean that role will become more useful than harmful (re; taking it to evens most of the time). Only other problem I see with the setup is something that Empking brought up in that this could very easily turn into one of the clears claiming, watcher going on them and mafia shooting the player and losing a member due to it, not the worst thing but it's...annoying to happen as a player more than anything. "As for the named townie via mass-claim even without shooting", I disagree especially when town are considering the neighbourizer as potential town power, I also think they wouldn't rule out the possibility of both being town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Regfan »

Starting work in a second but I'll give you some more thoughts in a few hours.

I'm not really a fan of the backup vig type idea though.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Regfan »

The following win condition should suffice. "You win when you have at least one member alive and the Town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring."

Yeah, most people just steal a good rulelist from a mod they respect.

Also couldn't think of a way of letting mafia know a watcher exists. Maybe making it so the watcher cannot target the same player two nights in a row is a decent middle ground? So they can't just sit on a singular clear. Mafia still may end up shooting the player the night the watcher is on them but it's less of a given with that.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Regfan »

Pretty fine with that rulelist.

Understand your reasoning behind having watcher over doctor, it's fairly logical.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Regfan »

Not a fan of double neighbourizer idea, you're better of going rolecop in that situation.

You don't need to make what visits the watcher sees public, just needed to know how you're acting with it that's all.

If you want to have everything revealed postgame that's fine (It's personally a stance I agree with you on, I dislike mafia QT's being hidden but that's a topic for elsewhere), just warn people of such when signing up as some people may dislike and not want to play due to it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Regfan »

I think the addition of the second scum neighbourizer will be lead to a few rather frustrating sections of the game, similarly the "Oh one of the neighbourizes have to be scum and the other town" and then followed with "They won't both be scum neighbourizes". It's just something that will likely hurt scum in the short term and hurt town in the long term, rather just not have that be part of the game. Sure you can state that it's "The towns fault" for doing that setup speculation and you wouldn't be wrong but I'm sure it'll lead to some unhappy players postgame and think it moves the game too much into the 'setup spec will happen a lot' camp instead of the 'scumhunting' one that I think you're after.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'd approve the setup in #35 after seeing the updated role PMs.

I think dayvig change may make it a bit too townsided; the current balance accounts for the vig shooting players that haven't had a chacne to claim at night and thus potentially even hitting one of the players that could be considered a "clear", inside a day setting they'll just have the target claim beforehand and town likely get a big PoE advantage from it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Regfan »

The only issue with posting a Mafia Goon PM inside the OP is that it confirms existence of one of them which in a non-open setup is slightly eh. I think just stating there's 3 scum and they have daytalk should suffice.

I'll need to mull a bit more on having this setup changed to include the 2-shot vig with daykill potential, I understand it being a fun role but I think it's almost certainly going to be very swingy and hard to balance, I'd love some thoughts on Fire & Empking about it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah, no issue if you want to do that at all.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Regfan »

Would approve #45. And sure I can backup mod.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

Looks fine, I'll let Nexus know you're done here.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by Regfan »

:thumbsup:

Don't forget to mention that all PT's will be revealed postgame during sign ups and in the opening posts of the PT's.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”