16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Damn you CPU quota error, you're my nemesis on this site!

Vote: Tamuz
, because your signature indicates connections with "the tailed one" (probably connected to, or responsible for, CPU quota error in some intricate way)
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Johoohno »

Post 14:
Earwig wrote:
Vote: Nyktorion
for voting Jester 11 minutes after me. :)
Post 49
Earwig wrote:
Unvote: thenextepisode

Vote: Blackberry

Yes, I realize that puts Blackberry at 3 votes - no danger of lynch yet.
@Earwig: Don't you remember who you were voting for?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Johoohno »

I've been prodded, but I've never been away (I follow this game most thoroughly and is really enthusiastic about deadlines and activity-prods).

I notice that of a lot of people (Earwig, SlySly, SlySly again and Tamuz) are not reading rules or posts very thoroughly. (Scums feeling they can afford being sloppy readers?) I'm still satisfied with my vote on Tamuz.

The long going mock fight between Blackberry and Ectomancer, which ended up with peace a few posts ago, strikes me as interesting (bussing?)

Finally I think that we might have a serial killer amongst us, making this game MOSTLY mountainuous (or those of you who are more knowledgeable than I, is there a setup name for vanillas, scums and a SK?). There are quite a few players, myself included, keeping a really low profile.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ Nyktorian: I wasn't realising you wanted a response and therefore I haven't given you any. But as of post 135 you want my comment.

Yes I've been keeping a low profile intentionally. I am trying not to post uninteresting comments in a game with this many players. I want my posts to bring up something noone has commented on yet or give my arguments in a given situation (as I believe my posts so far have been, except for my first random vote that is). You can trust me on posting when I react to something I find noticeable, and you can trust me on following the game closely. Also, do bear in mind that the one who posts the mosts isn't townie by proxy (and vice versa).

As I'm still a guite new player in mafia games I'm still experimenting with my game style - if you check my newbie game 501 (link in my signature) you'll see that I was on to the scums pretty early on, but was lynched anyway - probably because I posted too much. Obviously that wasn't the way to work, now I'm trying a different style, seeing if it's possible to get my point of views in the games without posting too much.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Johoohno »

That is both possible and probable (since we're twelve I guess there are no more than three mafias, and if there is an SK there might be as few as two scums). Though, I think my posts have added, in my view valuable, content most of the time, whereas a few other low profile players only marked their presence with a post.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Johoohno »

Sounds to me as a lot of old arguments are only spinning in circles right now. Seems as if the town has five lynch candidates:

Rosso - The condescending and uninformative poster
Blackberry - The flamboyant poster
Earwig - The amnesiac poster
Tamuz - The lurking non-poster
thenextepisode - The (theory) inquisitive poster

Which one of these gentlemen do you all feel okay to lynch today? I can’t say I have a strong case against anyone of them, but I’m willing to swing my vote to almost anyone of them to increase some pressure. (Though, as of now, I would prefer either Earwig or Tamuz (and possibly a dark horse: slysly) to be the lynch of the day.)
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #189 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Johoohno »

I see that my post 169 Has been misunderstood or (consciously interpreted in a chosen way?).

a) The five names on the list are the same five that has been on the latest mod vote counts.
b) My cases on Earwig, Tamuz and Slysly shouldn't be something new to you since I mentioned them in post 114.
c) SlySly's list of dislikes of my post in question:
SlySly wrote:1. His complaining about old arguments without presenting any of his own?
2. His poor math by stating there were 5 lynch possibilities and listing 6?
3. His generalizing categorizations of each poster?
4. His poor list presentation where his 6th list entry is buried in a later paragraph?
5. His eagerness to put a vote on someone for nothing other than pressure?
6. His inferred request to be lead to a lynch target?
And my reply:
1. This post (169) is based on an earlier post (114) and a summary of the situation since then. It is also a try for making the discussion move on - which I'd say it has (although it has mostly been talk around the post in question instead of its purpose).
2. See four.
3. Sorry (the idea was more humour than anything else - sorry if I missed my aim).
4. SlySly isn't on the mod list, but a candidate I could actually vote for.
5. Well, all votes in this game so far is for pressure only - I'm not ready to lynch someone yet. Are you?
6. I felt as if no new information were being added, but weren't up for ending the day either, I thought this would be a good way to lead on the discussion. I also believe that you can get some information of how people reacted to my post in question.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #195 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Johoohno »

RangeroftheNorth, did you even read post 189 before you wrote your 191?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #202 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ RangeroftheNorth:

Scummy not reading posts and rules?
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that it is especially important for townies to read other players posts thoroughly to find gaps in logic and reasoning in order to find scum - I, for instance try to take notes during the game, and I believe other to do that as well. If you are scum you can perhaps get away without taking notes. Then when you find a person that you want to throw suspicion on you can just go back and find appropriate quotes and put them together in a way that fits your plan. I don't say that as a way how all scum play, but it surely is one way. I believe that those mentioned did just that. (I would like to get some comments on this, am I on the right track or in the blue.)

Lynching or voting?
About the lynching part, I agree that it might seem like strong language and that wasn't entirely my intention. I am not rushing for a lynch, though I wanted the discussion to move on. When I first played mafia on another site we were on a deadline every third day and the one with the most votes were lynched even if it wasn't a majority lynch when we reached the deadline. I enjoyed that kind of game and perhaps my game style has been influenced by that first impression of the game where you speedily had to build up cases and see how and who reacted. I have tried to adapt to this more stretched time span, but might occasionally seem to want to move on. Sorry about that.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #250 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Johoohno »

I'm still speculating about a possible setup (perhaps that is unwise(?), but I've only been in games with an open setup and am under the impression that thoughts and information is helpful) and some actions in this game so far are leading me to think that we might have a jester in the crew.

What do you think? Is it possible that we have a jester or am I only seeing things (I was jester in a game that just ended - see my signature - and it might have affected my beliefs)?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #278 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Ectomancer wrote:
Johoohno wrote:I'm still speculating about a possible setup (perhaps that is unwise(?), but I've only been in games with an open setup and am under the impression that thoughts and information is helpful) and some actions in this game so far are leading me to think that we might have a jester in the crew.

What do you think? Is it possible that we have a jester or am I only seeing things (I was jester in a game that just ended - see my signature - and it might have affected my beliefs)?
I've yet to play in a game with one, also there seems to be a distaste for the role in a significant segment of the population here that makes its use uncommon. (in my experience) If you believe there to be one, you must have a specific player in mind. As a posting restriction is reputed to accompany a Jester role, why don't you try testing that theory by pressing them until you are satisfied that they most likely do not have a post restriction, and as a corollary are also probably not a Jester?
Well, in the jester game I played there wasn't any post restrictions on the Jester. I do have a player in mind but will not reveal who until more people comment on the jester thought. If no comments come I'll let it rest, since that then might be an indication that I am imagining things.

On thenextepisode-issue, I will not for him as of now. I see his actions as being legitimate newbie moves. As of now I can't see his alignment due to the newbness and need to see more of him.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #318 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Perhaps it's time for each of us to present our top three scum list?

I really don't want to end this day with a no-lynch so, in my opinion, we need to reach an agreement. Nobody's been close to the 7 players needed (except for thenextepisode with five votes, and that built up quite quickly and disappeared the same way).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #319 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Johoohno »

EBWOP: It's from Monday and six weeks from there on, that I'll be on a limited access. But I think I will be able to post the same amount as up until now.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #330 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ Battousai: When you've read through the day, I'd like a your thoughts on your predecessors posts.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #341 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Johoohno »

Jester wrote:On the pro-town end,
I really don't like this. Giving a way a list of the most townlike players is a gift to scum. That's the reason I only wanted the top three scum suspects.

@ Nyktorion: I realize that scum might have use of the top scum list too, but am I (and obviously Jester too, judging from his last post) the only ones that don't know, or even have a general feeling even of, the alignment of most the players here?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #349 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ RangeroftheNorth: Are you tipping off the scum whom to kill being most town like? The only alignment discussion that is really valid at this moment is what players that are scummy (and therefore possibly scum). Trying to point out townies is a service to the mafia!

FoS: RangeroftheNorth

Also @ RangeroftheNorth, I am no fan of quick lynches. I have never said that and my only aim has been to move the discussion on, not lynching an innocent. I find it highly interesting that you ask me of my suspects, whereas you very well know that I've given them openly and that is mainly the reason for you calling me scummy as I see it.

@ Fat_Tony: Welcome, when you've read the game I would like you to I'd like your thoughts on your predecessors posts.

(Battousai's avoidance of above mentioned request is noted)
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #386 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Johoohno »

All of you who didn't like my post 169 shouldn't be too enthusiastic about Battousai's 377 either.

To me this one really feels like a search for ending the day by narrowing down the lynch field.

@ RangeroftheNorth: I know you've asked me for my present suspects and I will give them to you, but I haven't had the time to take notes the last pages and will do a reread this weak and get up to date again.

For the time being:

Un-FoS: RangeroftheNorth

Unvote: Tamuz

Thes un-doings are not to be considered that I am not suspicious of them (they might get fos:ed and voted after my reread) but I don't want my votes and fos:es to cause any problems the coming day/s if things get rolling (seems unlikely considering the present day speed of the game, but we are getting closer to a deadline).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #411 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Johoohno »

Okay, I’ve finished my major reread (and it took quite some time and effort). I scrapped all my old votes and began taking new ones and it gave me a lot. I will present my suspects, but first I would like to address Jester’s accusations:
Jester wrote:Put a vote on Tamuz in post 7, and didn't take it off until post 386!
I don’t switch my votes very often in any of my games (Newbie 501, Newbie 543, Newbie 547). This time I let the vote remain even after the random voting since I felt Tamuz was scummy, and I actually still believe that he is just that.
Jester wrote: says "trying to point out townies is a gift to the mafia" (349), which is just ridiculous. Like the mafia don't know who the townies are.
Well the Maffias don’t know who most people find townish unless we say that, and killing off someone whom most people find likely to be town is often a good move for scum’s night action. It will also help them find people that will be blamed if a certain person is night killed.
Jester wrote: Asked for everyone to post a scum list, but didn't have one himself, then when pressured for one, said he'd have to do a re-read to come up with it.
Well, it’s the truth, I have had the same people on my scum list all along since my post 169. However I wanted to go back and see past actions in a new perspective to see if my suspicions remain (which you will notice below that most of them do).

Here comes my list of suspects (scummiest first)

SlySly:

• In the beginning SlySly seems to be a bit uninterested or relaxed (post like 39 and 45 don’t give much information and posts 88 and 110 are dull and slow). But all of a sudden SlySly’s game improve a lot (from post 122 and onwards). Seems to me to be a change of strategy.
• In the BB/Rosso/ryan debacle SlySly seems to search for the easiest lynch and spreading distrust and uncertainty. In post 125 we can see that he has joined the theory train. In post 168 he supports the scum connection between ryan and Rosso Carne. In post 230 he sees a scum pairing in Rosso Carne and Blackberry.
• In post 264 he seem to think thenextepisode will go down and supports that lynch with a vote (#4 of the votes on TNE).
• When TNE begs for his life and claims newbness and Rosso Carne states he’s satisfied with voting off TNE SlySly fall back to his beginning posting content and unvotes only due to Rosso leaving his vote on TNE (post 291). He says there that he wants to reread and think things over but doesn’t return on the issue but continues to hop on when someone is being attacked/voted by more players (Nyktorion votes Rosso in 313 and SlySly is right behind in 316 as an example).
• I also noticed that SlySly has stayed off of me, perhaps that is because I early on was suspicious of him and doesn’t want me to investigate further.

Tamuz:

• Tamuz (and Dean Harper) was the first ones to post (4) only minutes after the mod started the game. That MIGHT be an indication that mafia had talked things through and sent in their confirmations waiting for the game to start. (I know it would be more valid if I also saw Dean Harper/RangeroftheNorth as a possible scum partner, which I don’t at the moment.)
• Seems to post only to appear active (post 84, 120 and 325) and sometimes it’s just about wordings (288).
• As I’ve said before he also wonders about the FoS-counts (post 94 which I talked about in post 202).
• In post 191 RangeroftheNorth votes for me and Tamuz quickly shifts to me too (post 193 and 197) perhaps seeing me as a wagon that’ll build up quickly.
• Post 199 is a fishy post where he tries to give himself airs to avoid reading the game closely and focus on staying alive. Someone else has already said this, the point is not, for an individual townie, to stay alive (unless that would benefit the town).
• He is also against a Rosso Carne lynch 249 and asks for Nyktorion and Jester’s reason for said lynch. Here I see two possible things. Perhaps he wants to lift up this issue once more with the help of two, at that time, very townish players to come to a lynch (seeing their reasons and then agreeing with them). It could also be that they are scum pairs (Rosso and Tamuz). In this game a lot of people have connected players with one another and perhaps Tamuz feels that this one will only be one among many and won’t be picked up. The last point is in that case even more shadowed by adding more bussing issues in the thread in post 266.
• (* This last entry is only for conspiratorial fun :lol: Tamuz mentioned Battousai in post 120. He is also the one who informs the game of ryan’s ban 321. Lo’ and behold, enter Battousai 324.)

Rosso Carne:

• Rosso posts for the sake of posting (26, 33, 35, 53, 55 …). This is very different from a newbie game that he and I recently were in (Newbie 543) where he was extremely active almost all through the game. In that game he was a cop and I a vanilla townie. It ended up with a flawless victory for the town. In that game Rosso showed me that he can be active and game focused, but in this one he hasn’t acted the same way. Perhaps he is a person who enjoys playing power roles and therefore invested a lot of time and posts in that game (It would be truly idiotic because sooner or later someone will find that out, and that will really bmake meta readings on Rosso valuable). Perhaps that is the reason that he in this game is negative to all meta arguments?
• He is also willing to put pressure on a lurker 72 which is strange since he can be considered to be one himself (and also admits to in post 159)
• When he is pressured by Ectomancer for promised but nonexistent contribution (post 165) he jumps on the wagon against me (post 178). He is the first to vote me for it, but three others has already expressed grave dislike (Blackberry, Ectomancer & SlySly) so it is kind of a safe vote.
• He also takes blackberry’s side against ryan in that bickering, and I am more inclined to agree with ryan there (post 229).

All in all, I have moved down Tamuz from first to second position, and that leads me to

Vote: SlySly
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #416 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Johoohno »

@ Jester: If you take a closer look at my now famous/infamous 169 you see that the first part is a list of people with votes and then in the text below the list I summarize who I would prefer voting for (a.k.a. a scum list!).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #430 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Johoohno »

jester wrote:My vote on you is now locked and I summarily ignore and dismiss the remainder of your post unless your innocence is proved upon your death.
This doesn't seem very beneficial for the town.

(Now I'm waiting for those who haven't called in since Tar's mass prod. There are only a few days left before deadline and a no-lynch would be incredibly bad for the town. As it is now, either Rosso or I seem, voteswise, to be going down this day.)
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #475 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Johoohno »

Sorry to hear that Ecto (a bit of a human touch in an otherwis cold, harsh game climate).

@ Battousai: What kind of response are you looking for? I've stated my case and Tamuz has commented on that. Now it is up to you and everyone else to see and think for yourself.

Also, in this game there has to be a great number townies who is making scum life a lot easier since there is A LOT of anti-town actions going on here (lurking, personal vendettas, childish attacks and so on).

I say we desperately need a lynch this first day to get something to analyze day 2. (I realize that I might very well be that lynch but if that is the case, so be it, it'll help during day 2 no matter alignment of the lynchee, though a scum lynch is by far the best.)

I am voting for SlySly right now, but if anyone else of those two that I've got on my scum list (Tamuz, Rosso) is closing in for a lynch I might be interested in pursuing that instead.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #492 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Muzsuggs, your side bar says you're a mafia scum (i.e. has made more than 100 posts), yet you claims to be mafia role blocker. This is all very strange.

Some more information of your suspicions so far, and a comment on your claim would be enlightening!
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #533 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Johoohno »

I, Mizzy and Rosso have all been in the same game before (Newbie 543), a game I've mentioned earlier (in post 411) when I spoke about what made Rosso scummy in my eyes.

In post 500 Mizzy says this:
My initial comments are about a few players, mainly about how I perceive them having played with them before:

Rosso Carne: Rosso is an ass. That said, he's an ass all the time if he feels he has reason to be. His playstyle this game has been what I expected it to be and I don't get scummy vibes from him. Yet.

Johoohno: Johoo is NOT playing like I expected him to. A few of his posts (which have already been picked apart like fresh carrion by vultures) really came off as "not right" to me. I'll be keeping an eye on him.
In my above mentioned post 411 I see SlySly, Tamuz/Mizzy and Rosso as potential scums. Mizzy's defense of Rosso above only strengthens my beliefs so far (about Tamuz/Mizzy and Rosso). My suggestion is that you check out that game and compare our performances (mine, Mizzy's and Rosso's) there and here and also reread my post 411 about Rosso and Tamuz/Mizzy.

Also note that Mizzy (in post 532) is trying to get me lynched, and searching for others to join in, which is yet another indication of scummy behaviour.

As I've said before (post 475) I strongly believe we need a lynch this first day. I'm currently voting SlySly, but am willing to swing my vote to either Mizzy or Rosso. I think that this is the way we need to work the last days before deadline to find a lynch that as many as possible believe to be scum.

Hopefully I can be around swinging my vote if need be before the deadline, but I can't promise you anything (not only am I living at a temporary home, I'm also bying a new home with all the commotion that brings).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #544 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Johoohno »

I agree with Jester, I would've prefered a lynch on D1 to get a bit more information. If there are three scums one of my slots just got vacant with SlySly on the town side (leaving Rosso and Mizzy as the scummiest in my book).

I would like to say that I expect a lot from Mizzy, she was an excellent scum hunter in a previous game (the before mentioned Newbie 543). She hasn't been here that long yet but her actions here will tell a lot.

On the thought of my vacant slot there are a few candidates I'm also following carefully to see who is #3 on my list.

I'm not willing to go to voting just yet (but with the information up to now I would vote Rosso or Mizzy), hoping that everyone can call in for day two and give their view of the situation.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #552 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Johoohno »

Still waiting for everyone to chip in Day 2.

(A quick note though: I'm surprised of Mizzy's unawareness of Tamuz reason for dropping out of the game according to her last post.)

No time for a response to above mentioned note, I'm not at home and furthermore trying to fight out some stomach illness my son has gotten. Happy Easter :) to the rest of you.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #572 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Mizzy wrote:When the thread got locked due to the modkill, I was actually in the middle of trying to post a very large post in response to you, Johoo. This was written before the end of D1:

Johoo:
Interesting that you are bringing up the same game that makes me think you might be scum in this one. Rosso is not acting any different now than he did then, and all three of us were townies. The only one I see as acting differently is you, which is why your posting bothers me so much.

I'm hardly defending Rosso, either. All I'm saying is that
in my opinion
, his play here is consistent with what I'd expect to see from him as a townie and that I don't think the case on him is very strong. I'm going to go over some of your case points in a moment, but I think you are over-reacting a lot and making some bad assumptions where it is dangerous to do so.

I truly hope that all the rest of you have gone back to said game to check for yourself to see who you believe in. I’ve earlier (post 533) said that Rosso acts differently (and said that that might be due to him being cop in that game, whereas he in this one is either scum or merely town). I also felt that Mizzy rushing to his defence is making her (and Rosso too) looking more scummy in my eyes! Once again, do check out the game yourself.
Mizzy wrote:
Johoohno wrote:Also note that Mizzy (in post 532) is trying to get me lynched, and searching for others to join in, which is yet another indication of scummy behaviour.

Wait, how in the world did you come to THAT conclusion from my post? Trying to get you lynched? Searching for others to vote for you? HOW? I voiced my opinion because we have a deadline approaching and you are, so far, on the top of my scum list.

The conclusions you drew from a couple lines in a post I made are extremely reaching and very, very wrong. Your over-defensive nature coupled with an eagerness to get to night that you have shown makes me suspect you even more.
Mizzy is here interpreting my ideas in a way that fits her. I believe that she went after me because she saw me as an easy lynch and no one would have been very angry with her if I had been lynched and come up town the last day since so many believe me to be scum.
Mizzy wrote:
Johoohno wrote:As I've said before (post 475) I strongly believe we need a lynch this first day. I'm currently voting SlySly, but am willing to swing my vote to either Mizzy or Rosso. I think that this is the way we need to work the last days before deadline to find a lynch that as many as possible believe to be scum.
Needing a lynch D1 is a given. Lynching who we think is scummiest is a given. This post of yours is a key example of attempting to look active without actually being active.

Yes, we need to choose a lynch target. That doesn't give you an excuse for blatantly trying to reach night sooner than needed. Longer days are pro-town, and the more discussion we get, the better it is.
Well, did we get a lynch day 1? Nope! I felt that we were heading that way and didn’t like that one bit. Therefore I said what I said and I still stand by it. And it is valid still, we need a lynch this day. I am not wanting to end the day prematurely but perhaps Mizzy can conjure up another mean for us to get the scum besides lynching them?
Mizzy wrote: Now on to your "case" points against Rosso and Tamuz/myself:
Johoohno wrote:• Tamuz (and Dean Harper) was the first ones to post (4) only minutes after the mod started the game. That MIGHT be an indication that mafia had talked things through and sent in their confirmations waiting for the game to start. (I know it would be more valid if I also saw Dean Harper/RangeroftheNorth as a possible scum partner, which I don’t at the moment.)
Wow, talk about WIFOM at its worst. This assumption is not only a complete stretch, but the fact that posting early is even coming under suspicion here is laughable. This shouldn't even be in your "case" let alone be the first point.
It’s in my case and it is the first point since the list is made in a chronological order (I’m sorry if I took that for granted, perhaps some of you are more accustomed to an order of importance). I don’t see it as the strongest argument, but together with the rest of the items on the list it gives some information and I put it in there to see if things like this also was noticed or important to anyone else. Since I’ve not played more than a handful games I’m still looking for angles (I’m not claiming to be a newbie, only that I don’t know all the possible takes yet).
Mizzy wrote:
Johoohno wrote:• Seems to post only to appear active (post 84, 120 and 325) and sometimes it’s just about wordings (288).
• As I’ve said before he also wonders about the FoS-counts (post 94 which I talked about in post 202).
Both of the above case points are null-tells at best. Tamuz got replaced, so the fact that he was slightly inactive can be just as indicative of a busy schedule/what-have-you as it is of being scummy. You can't prove one way or the other. And since when is wondering about FoS-counts a reason to think someone is scummy? This is the first game I've seen FoSes counted in, so I wonder about it, too...it doesn't make me scummy, just curious about something I have never seen done before. Again, a null-tell.
And this is where Mizzy gets even more scummy by defending her predecessor. If I were to replace someone I would really read through the game, especially my predecessors posts, to make sure I have an inkling of why he or she acted in a certain way and how other reacted to it. Did Mizzy miss the entire conflict between Tamuz/Battousai/Ectomancer on page 18 and onward? In our earlier game together I got the feeling she was a thorough and clever player, but here I get the feeling she is avoiding that part only to build a stronger case against me.
Mizzy wrote:
Johoohno wrote:• In post 191 RangeroftheNorth votes for me and Tamuz quickly shifts to me too (post 193 and 197) perhaps seeing me as a wagon that’ll build up quickly.
• Post 199 is a fishy post where he tries to give himself airs to avoid reading the game closely and focus on staying alive. Someone else has already said this, the point is not, for an individual townie, to stay alive (unless that would benefit the town).
Firstly, I agree with Ranger's logic, too. His post was well-written and well-thought-out and I cannot fault my predecessor for voting you. I don't like that he did so with so little content, but considering he was replaced for non-participation and inactivity, and I am not him, I can't be sure why he did it. However, I don't feel that you can contribute that to building a quick wagon.

I can also understand Tamuz's reasoning for not wanting to stand out too much. I, myself, have just gotten NKed for the 3rd time in rapid succession, and that makes it highly tempting for me to back off a bit because clearly, I am drawing too much attention. I don't like his lack of content, but again, considering that he got replaced for lack of activity, I can only see that as a small case point at best.
Once again she seems to either be oblivious of why Tamuz left the game or to want to sweep that under the carpet for her case against me.
Mizzy wrote:
Johoohno wrote:• He is also against a Rosso Carne lynch 249 and asks for Nyktorion and Jester’s reason for said lynch. Here I see two possible things. Perhaps he wants to lift up this issue once more with the help of two, at that time, very townish players to come to a lynch (seeing their reasons and then agreeing with them). It could also be that they are scum pairs (Rosso and Tamuz). In this game a lot of people have connected players with one another and perhaps Tamuz feels that this one will only be one among many and won’t be picked up. The last point is in that case even more shadowed by adding more bussing issues in the thread in post 266.
Since when is being against the lynch of someone you think is pro-town scummy? And since when is asking for a reason for a lynch scummy? If anything, both of those are obvtown-tells.
I know that these arguments are not in plain sight but that does not make them unrealistic or unbelievable!

I am however not yet ready to go vote. I want more people calling in adding content.

@ Rosso: Could you give us some information as to why you are so sure of TNE’s scumminess?
@ TNE: Input please! A scum list or at least a scum candidate would be very helpful.

@ Battousai:
Battousai wrote: So I vote: johoohno now based on my previous opinions from day 1, and lack of responding to Mizzy's post (blame it on holidays but if he doesn't post soon I will add it as a blantantly not responding to the main accusations thrown at him by Mizzy)
Are you not reading my posts? I have earlier said that I’ve got limited access for yet some time and to add insult to injury I’ve been fighting off family illness (also presented earlier).

@ Everyone: It feels as if no one is really engaged to this game and that is very hurtful for the town. If anyone doesn’t want to play, ask for a replacement and leave.

I also realize that I might be a necessary sacrifice in order to get on with the game since some of you (including some of my scum suspects) are leaning towards me being scum. I won’t vote for myself (self hammering is almost always a stupid move for town) so you need to bring up enough voters to get rid of me.

I am pretty sure that Mizzy is scum. What about voting her off today and if she turns out town you can lynch me (I guess that enough of you wanting to hang me will survive the night).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #581 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Johoohno »

Nyktorion wrote:Johoohoo, you claim you saw it coming that moz was going to be modkilled, and not replaced?
I had the feeling that we weren't going to get a lynch since enough of us couldn't agree on whom to lynch.

@ Mizzy and Battousai: Do you have any other suspects but me? (Just fretting over me will leave the scum rubbing their hands with joy, not having to do anything to win this day)

@ UnofficialRulerOfEveryone: We are still waiting for your fresh perspective, are you still there to give it to us?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #587 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Johoohno »

I made a mix up (since all games I've played on a Swedish site has had that rule #10 mechanism and all games, besides this one, I've played here haven't).

However, I will be away until Sunday and since deadline is so close at hand I will vote now (it is not final mind you, I might have time to change it before deadline).

Vote: Mizzy
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #596 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Tarhalindur's rule 10 wrote:<10>
At deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched.
In the case of a tie, the player with the most FoS'es will be lynched. (If by some miracle both the vote count and FoS count fail to produce a majority, the lynch will be decided by a best-out-of-three match of forum Rock, Paper, Scissors.)
The part in italic above (my marking) is the part I mixed up (as commented in my last post), and the second part is something I've never met before and because of that stuck in my mind (and was further brought to mind when Tamuz also asked about it in the game thread). I don't see why this would be strange.

It seems obvious that this game day's voting will be faltering too, since Rosso's replacement probably won't have the time to get in to the game before deadline, and UnofficialRulerOfEveryone appears to have dropped out together with thenextepisode.

I might swing my vote to Rosso if it comes to that (seems to be pointless sacrificing myself and hurting the town when there is somethng I can do about it), though I really would prefer a Mizzy lynch, I think she is far more scummy tha Rosso. On the other hand, this is the kind of town where scums probably gets away by being inactive (which goes for a lot of players in the game right now) and Rosso surely fits that profile.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #603 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ Jester: will you get engaged or get replaced?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #605 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Johoohno »

No, I'm hoping to get this game going and my post was a response to this negaitivity input:
Jester wrote: Sorry for the language, but this is the least fun MS game I've participated in on this forum so far. I'd vote for it to be abandoned if I could.
And lo and behold, it just got someone started :) (Even though I'm no fan of the vote on me).

Ectomancer, you've voted for almost each and everyone in this game at one time or another.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #608 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Since I seem to be the vote of the day I'll give the town my view of things before I hang.

I see
Mizzy
as the most scummy (as I've declared and explained in earlier posts).
I'm still suspicious of
Rosso
, but he is in close company with
Earwig
(since keeping a low profile in this town is probably one of the easiest plays for scum).

Other notes worthy of consideration (in alphabetical order):
Battousai
seem to be a follower without much content.
Ectomancer
has been spreading his vote all over the town. I haven't checked if that is his playstyle, but I find it noteworthy also. Both this day and the last he switched votes really close to the deadline.
Jester
has been rollercoasting on my scum list. In the beginning I found him very pro town, but at the end of day one and onward he has really dropped in trust (stating that he wil be ignoring (my) posts and entering pointless bickering, with SlySly, isn't my idea of pro town).
Nyktorion
has appeared pro town almost all through the game. However, he took ryan's side in the argument between ryan and Blackberry in the beginning (and we now know Blackberry was a vanilla at the time).
RangeroftheNorth
I have a hard time to read. Sometimes I see him as scum (dropped of Tamuz a bit easy day 1 for instance), but I can understand why he is on me, although being a bit too single minded.
thenextepisode
is hard to read. He is keeping a low profile and then there is the debacle of him not reading the posts thoroughly (page 11 and onward).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #839 (isolation #32) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Johoohno »

Mizzy wrote:Ugh. See what happens when no one trusts the Mizzy? :P
Yeah there is something about you that makes me distrust you ... though the feeling seems to be mutual :wink:

I was hoping for a Jester/Mizzy scum pair, but I was wrong.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”