Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by Vecna »

Like, Alisae was fine voting the slot before. But now that its at L-1 hes just in sheep RC mode.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Rather than answering your questions: why does it feel like if you're town you're making suboptimal plays here as scum!RC insurance?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Vecna »

What suboptimal plays are those?

I scumread Leonshade, and I townread Cloudkicker. I can see a scum setup with Leonshade that fits and works, I cannot see any with Nero after my recent reevaluations.

I was going to scumread CK, but Nero very carefully corrected me with proper logic/reasoning. The onyl way I see that coming from scum is if SSBM was being scum and made a VERY concious choice to exactly mirror his play in that one game that was linked - AND then informed him scum teammates that that was exactly what he was doing so they could abuse it.

That seems like a rather large stretch, and I dont see any other explenation.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Or: get this: you aren't as good at comparing the similarities and differences as you think you are. I actually played that game and scumread SSBM because he felt less genuine here.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Vecna »

That might be the case, but then why would Nero draw a different conclusion from that game and ask me to explain my contradicting views?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 13111, Vecna wrote:Talk to me about Alisae. Is there any other reason for the townread on the slot except the Yume read? Couldnt they have talked about that in their hydra PT to get rid of it/abuse it?
Not a chance. If you knew Yume you'd feel that too. Plus the meta tell on Alisae that nancy found, and then you add on that this isn't how scum!Alisae plays, especially at the time of the game starting.

Alisae as town has some weird stances but the tone is always genuine. It's hard for me to describe, but I have a very good record of reading Alibae.

Plus I'm fairly sure scum tried to kill Alibae last night and got cockblocked by the doc.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Because he thought he could convince you that you were the one wrong. He succeeded.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by Vecna »

But at the same time, if that was the case you wouldnt actually be entertaining the idea of KidAmn town and me scum as you were before. Because you'd know that they were very similair, but being purposefully manipulated.

This feels like a bit of a gambit youre running on me here.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by Vecna »

Oh wait, im now actually mixing up slots - excuse me.

Fucking replacements all over the place
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 pm

I am talking to you as if you are town because if you're scum this conversation holds no purpose. I don't put it past you and Nero to have pulled the whole things for scum theatre.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Wish the CK wagon had picked up, I'm more confident in that slot being scum than KidAmn.
In post 13096, KidAmn wrote:
In post 13094, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Kid Amn
In post 13095, Alisae wrote:VOTE: KidAmn
:giggle: at least try and hide it guys/gals/etc
Any other comments on the game? Now that you've gone to "lurk until Leon gets lynched" mode.

@Vecna:
Why doesn't the fact that my wagon is at best 1/8 scum in your reads make you doubt your reads? If you think I'm scum, why don't you think scum is bussing? I've been the most probable lynch practically all day. If my buddies were being this obvious about staying off/trying to derail my lynch (with a parity cop in play no less), they would be easy pickings after my near-inevitable lynch. And for me, knowing that I'm town, the idea that the entire scumteam is staying off my wagon makes no sense.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

Oh now youre just trying to caress my ego, god the hidden attempts at buddying....my weakness
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 13096, KidAmn wrote:
In post 13094, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Kid Amn
In post 13095, Alisae wrote:VOTE: KidAmn
:giggle: at least try and hide it guys/gals/etc
In post 12800, KidAmn wrote:Tbh the complete failure of the Leonshade wagon to gain any traction says a lot about how confident scum are they can derail this town

Then again, it did work for them the last 3 times
There's nothing between these two posts despite tons of content between, KidAmn is getting away with doing nothing due to the wagon negotiations.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13138 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Correction: I don't put it past any X and Y player to have pulled the whole things as scum theatre if they had daytalk, at least one motivated and skilled player on the scumteam, and wanted to switch that read around.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13139 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 13122, Vecna wrote:Also Jaereed, I hope you'll actually enter a dialogue about other people with me for once.

This is my prime reason to be suspicious of your slot. Whenever people make some mention of you and why theyre suspicious youre allways very quickly there to point out the inconsistencies (and you do a good job in that).

But I want to have dialogue about our reads - the more interesting stuff.
I'm not really there so quickly. It's all dependent on when things were said and when I read up (for instance stuff at night that I read on my phone I usually wouldn't respond to because it required me switching accounts).

I do feel like I have given you reasons for my reads though. It just gets drowned out in the activity of the thread.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

Leonshade, its either/or

If im correct in my assumptions flipping you puts a very obvious bullseye on other scum players. Them not wanting to bus you then might make some sense since theyd rather have the game lynch elsewhere so it remains unresolved. The fact that all these attempts are sprouting up left, right and center to prod to see where other wagons can go do make it feel this way.

If im being played for a fool, its a largely scumdriven wagon - most likely with CK, Nero and K-A being scum.

Third option is ofcourse that youre scum together with those 3 names, but im not going to entertain that option for now.

Something fishy is going on here, regardless of your allignment.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 13139, JaeReed wrote:
In post 13122, Vecna wrote:Also Jaereed, I hope you'll actually enter a dialogue about other people with me for once.

This is my prime reason to be suspicious of your slot. Whenever people make some mention of you and why theyre suspicious youre allways very quickly there to point out the inconsistencies (and you do a good job in that).

But I want to have dialogue about our reads - the more interesting stuff.
I'm not really there so quickly. It's all dependent on when things were said and when I read up (for instance stuff at night that I read on my phone I usually wouldn't respond to because it required me switching accounts).

I do feel like I have given you reasons for my reads though. It just gets drowned out in the activity of the thread.
Yeah im not saying you havent, id just like more dialogue to see things from your perspective. I feel youre a crucial part in this whole puzzle since youre a lot more in-tune with reading Alisae/Nancy, and clearly our ideas about the gamestate are different in some areas. And ofcourse theres still that weird thing with the Yuri slot.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 13138, RadiantCowbells wrote:Correction: I don't put it past any X and Y player to have pulled the whole things as scum theatre if they had daytalk, at least one motivated and skilled player on the scumteam, and wanted to switch that read around.
I understand this, but this is not what happened. Also the attention to detail would have had to have been quuuuite high, with Nero posting it for people to look up your meta (or whoever it was that he wanted to make a meta-post about with that thread).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

In post 13101, Vecna wrote:
In post 12980, Alisae wrote:btw PV I also claimed to have Mausoleum because I think Vecna is town trying to unite the town together and I'm just trying to help out with that.
If youre town: a question. Can you need see the signs on the walls here? Where people are allready setting me up as the mislynch for tomorrow?

Because that is what RC is doing atm. He is talking not about todays lynch, but about me in every post. He's catering to Ceasar/Math who are going to be unlynchable town - not because he thinks im scum, but because im the easiest mislynch.
Explain this again
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13144 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 13140, Vecna wrote:Leonshade, its either/or

If im correct in my assumptions flipping you puts a very obvious bullseye on other scum players. Them not wanting to bus you then might make some sense since theyd rather have the game lynch elsewhere so it remains unresolved. The fact that all these attempts are sprouting up left, right and center to prod to see where other wagons can go do make it feel this way.

If im being played for a fool, its a largely scumdriven wagon - most likely with CK, Nero and K-A being scum.

Third option is ofcourse that youre scum together with those 3 names, but im not going to entertain that option for now.

Something fishy is going on here, regardless of your allignment.
This is at least comforting to hear.

CK seems to have disappeared as well, though he hasn't been posting much elsewhere either. But KidAmn ignoring most of the content in between to laugh at being wagoned shows that he's following the game but not participating.
- Vecna
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13145 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

Gorkington sure has convenient timing in vanishing.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13146 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 13143, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 13101, Vecna wrote:
In post 12980, Alisae wrote:btw PV I also claimed to have Mausoleum because I think Vecna is town trying to unite the town together and I'm just trying to help out with that.
If youre town: a question. Can you need see the signs on the walls here? Where people are allready setting me up as the mislynch for tomorrow?

Because that is what RC is doing atm. He is talking not about todays lynch, but about me in every post. He's catering to Ceasar/Math who are going to be unlynchable town - not because he thinks im scum, but because im the easiest mislynch.
Explain this again
I posted it while rereading from where I had left off - right around the time I was reading your posts talking about some weird connections between davesaz being scum and me.

If youre scum, setting me up as a mislynch in any scenario where my wagon goes wrong, or im on the wrong one would be the logical play, no?

Math is die-hard scumreading me for whatever reasons
Ceasae is die-hard scumreading me for whatever reasons
Notice is suspicious of me
Gorkington is scumreading me

It wouldnt be that hard to do. You were holding this very same fact over my head when you were trying to push me to vote a certain way. There was a reason why I was trying to make you state my allignment before (because I know you have a way better read than you let on).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13147 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 pm

by 'weird connection between davesaz being scum and me' you mean the point where I was thinking you probably weren't both scum so if you were scum davesaz is probably town?
that's not exactly let's-set-up-a-mislynch-on-Vecna central.

yes I have been pushing concern over your role because your role invalidates our ability to trust any of Davesaz's results. like that's literally the only reason I brought you up at EOD.
yes I have given up on getting Nero lynched today and the reason for that should be obvious given that town is fucking itself over

but any idea that I am preparing to mislynch you using an incorrect wagon as justification is pushing a false narrative and it's frankly an insult to my scum play
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13148 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Post by Vecna »

At any rate RC; Seeing how youre hard-townreading creature...

If I was scum id know that we didnt have the RB.
Id know there was both a tracker, a RB and a Double-cop type wonder......

Would I really claim my wonder as scum there?

I dont see any real argument to be made here - and if were talking about insulting our scumgames etc etc.....I think you need to be realistic here.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by Vecna »

Just put a permanent RB on me, and be happy that a town was sharp enough to deny that wonder to scum.

(unless Davesaz is scum that managed to grab the wonder ofcourse, since if thats the case Gerry's stellar play completely managed to ruin my plan unless something stellar comes up tomorrow)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”