Worst Twist Ideas

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #83 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Skelda »

I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work because the PMing dynamic doesn't really exist on the show and if you are talking to someone for hours everyone knows about it, I'm just not sure how it would work. If you just eliminated PMing without replacing it that would be a massively sucky twist.

And McMenno, a tribe of Skelda clones vs a tribe of McMenno clones is a twist that I like, you know how much I enjoy voting you out. ;) And at least that way we both get to make merge (unless one of our clones make up the entire prejury, lol). Let's be real, I could easily lose all of the challenges in that spot.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 86, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 85, BROseidon wrote:
In post 83, Skelda wrote:I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work because the PMing dynamic doesn't really exist on the show and if you are talking to someone for hours everyone knows about it, I'm just not sure how it would work. If you just eliminated PMing without replacing it that would be a massively sucky twist.
I was thinking of a game where at the end of each day, everyone's PM counts were publicly posted.
I think that'd be cool if it was the number of words exchanged by each combination of players. You'd ofc have to prohibit people from typing a bunch of words in an image in MS paint and posting that instead, and any other workarounds
I guess I like that? I mean I'm pretty verbose so I probably would hate it as a player, but I like the idea. It would also be nice if group conversations worked somehow, Medevac kind of tried that but it still didn't recreate the dynamic of people strategizing just because they happened to be in the right place at the right time. That's really tough to translate though.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”