Let's reread our first game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

First game on MS: Newbie 1661.

I wish I could join in the self-cringe party, but this is probably my best scum game, despite the early terrible push that made people suspicious of me for a little while. Still trying to figure out how to replicate my performance there, but I think a lot of it was circumstantial: being read as "not really a newbie" turned my newbish mistakes into towntells.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

My first Mafia game
ever:
Mafia's Revenge II: The Revenge on Brunchma. (Note: my username at the time was Happy Noodle Boy but I changed it to Ümläüt sometime later, for extra reading confusion.)

This game is so old that basic rules like "Dead people can't talk" hadn't been settled yet.

Most of my cringing at this is the same cringe I get from reading anything I wrote 16 years ago, though as I recall I was pretty useless in the game as well.

Spoiler: Check out this masterpiece of deductive reasoning!
Aggh. I've been accused by someone! Damn low-post theory!

I haven't said anything because I haven't played before, and so I don't have any good theories about the game to advance. I'll just read what everyone else says, and decide that way.

Bandwagon approach doesn't seem to be working so far, but not lynching anyone does guarantee we'll lose. This game is just slanted in the Mafia's favor in general, methinks. So I'll just be voting for whoever I find suspicious, regardless of any bandwagons one way or the other.

So, let's see. I'm not sure I believe in the low-post theory, since I already know that I haven't posted much of anything, and I know I have a reason for that. I agree with Toon that the Mafia wouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves when they could be actively confusing us. I also know that Egnatius has implicitly accused me, but I think his intentions are pure. And Sandry's vote for me seems totally innocent, just because I'm not important enough to get bumped off by the Mafia.

Now, there's one thing I'm not sure about, that I'd like to know before I make my vote: How many Mafia are in the game?
("Low-post theory" is what we would call lurking.)

Spoiler: And how about this 5-star defense?
You challenge me? You challenge me!?

Well, basically I don't post unless I actually have something to say. That's why.

There seem to be a couple of suspects, and plenty of good reason to suspect all of them. I'm thinking SimonBob and Toon. I suspect we should lynch one of them, and that's why I'm saving my vote to see which way the bandwagon goes.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Mafia Discussion”