Haunted Carnival - Game Ended

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Shaziro »

/confirm
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I got kind of excited over Sea Lion, because I distinctly remember a carousel that had a literal sea lion. It was a lion front half and a fish back half, and I thought Chev might've seen a similar ride...aaaand then I realized it was probably just a murderseal.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Also, are we going for the most optimal strategy here, or are we just gonna wing it?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Assumedly, spread out the visitors as best you can, then start figuring out which people are confirmed visitors and not bad ghosts, sort who hides where by that, etc.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Shaziro »

No, because anyone in the group that a person gets killed from -cannot- be the good ghost. Therefore, those people are all eliminated from being goodghost. We continue doing this, narrowing down the number of people who are possibly goodghost until the last living visitor can easily choose based on who was not in the group with any of the people who were murdered.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Shaziro »

I can't see a case in which that is bad for "town", IE visitors. I don't like that you're trying to shut down discussion on proper play strategy.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Skelda is the bad ghost.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 44, Shaziro wrote:Skelda is the bad ghost.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I am not a ghost. But Skelda is obviously the bad ghost. Read their posts.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Skelda who is the other ghost?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Clumsy, want to agree to enforce the big gamebreaking strategy I think you've also got in mind if the other dies? I die, you push it and win the game, you die and I do it?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Shaziro »

The objectively best way for people to win is to stick to one of the two ghosts, as the bad ghost killing somebody with either of the two ghosts immediately gives away who is the bad ghost. This is true for -everyone- regardless of the fact that we are all effectively survivors. If everyone hides with one of the two ghosts, the bad ghost cannot kill anyone without revealing that they are the bad ghost, and effectively then just gets to choose who wins the game. Anyone who -doesn't- hide with one of the two ghosts becomes a target, and will continue to be until it's down to only people hiding with one of the two ghosts. Sure, only 1-2 people can win this game (that being the good ghost and the player who picked them, or the bad ghost), but it is still objectively playing closest to your win condition as a non-ghost to stick to one of the two ghosts. That's what most increases your chance to win. Meanwhile, it actually plays closest to normal players and the bad ghost's win conditions to try and convince -other- players not to stick to one of the two ghosts, as for normal players it makes their opposition die, and the bad ghost of course wants it because more safe targets. Theoretically it would also possibly be good for normal players to sometimes not stick to a ghost in the hopes of further convincing other players that they aren't just trying to trick them into not sticking to the ghost.

The bottom line, though, is that Shadoweh is basically playing optimally by sticking to a ghost, all the while trying to convince other people not to stick to ghosts.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Shaziro »

Shadoweh, that doesn't change that the highest chance of survival is to follow one of the two ghosts.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Shaziro »

Even the good ghost not knowing who the bad ghost is leads to the both ghosts claim scenario. Good ghost immediately claims. If the bad ghost doesn't counter claim, when it gets down to the final two you know who is the good ghost. If the bad ghost -does- counter claim, you're back to where you were. If the good ghost doesn't know that they're the good ghost (since their power is passive) and the bad ghost of course knows who both ghosts are, then the entire game becomes the narrowing down and attempting to corner the bad ghost that it was meant to be. It becomes a game of "X died in this group therefore nobody else who was there is the good ghost, we have to try and spread those guys out now and keep trying to force the bad ghost into clearing new people of being the good ghost" kind of thing.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Shaziro »

Still pretty sure the best way to make this game a strategy game rather than a broken one is to simply make the Good Ghost not know they are the good ghost or who the bad ghost is.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Sorry it happened, Chev. I don't think it's anything you did wrong, I think the game setup just missed a potential solution that wasn't intended. No way to plan for everything.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”