False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by mastina »

To be honest, the game gets a lot less swingy if you just remove the traitor. The scum have the rolestopper and the gunsmith: a decent investigative for this game (which works as a nice safeclaim), and a decent protective for this game (which also works as a nice safeclaim). Four members in a 20-player game is still reasonable. The town's vig and cop shut down when targeting scum, which is a neat self-balancing mechanism. The neighborhood is reasonably strong if they realize it is all town and don't out it. If you lose the mafia traitor, then I'd probably consider the game good once given the rules.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 am

Post by mastina »

All votes must be done with vote tags. Bolded votes won't be counted.
I hate this rule by the way.
Many players use bolded votes exclusively; others use a mixture of both. They were the only way to vote until someone manually coded in the vote tags, so literally everyone who joined prior to 2010 or so (I forget exactly when they were implemented) uses bold, not vote tags. You will receive a lot of grief with this rule--including voting shenanigans that you should really not encourage in your game.
Don't use shades of blue.
This rule also concerns me, since shades of blue are frequently used in things such as VCA as a very nifty alternative to green. (For instance, to mark PRs instead of VTs, or to mark alive conftown rather than dead town.)

I also don't think the Activity Points mechanism is a Normal mechanic; that looks like it has an actual effect on the game which is more theme-like.

As for plurality: I am okay with the idea of plurality in a large normal. I do take issue with the exact wording of the rule, however.
If the deadline ends, the player (nolynch included) with the highest number of votes will be lynched. If there's a tie, the first player to have reached that number of votes will be lynched. If no player got higher than 2 votes, the day will end in a nolynch.
By this system, a player who was at five votes going down to four, when there was a player at four votes, will not be lynched; the player who was at four votes will be lynched even though the player who was at five votes had the higher vote total. This system also fails to account for a simultaneous tie: what if there was a five-man wagon and a three-man wagon, and a player on the five-man wagon switched to the four-man wagon? In that case, both wagons have held four votes for an exactly identical period of time.

I would suggest instead you emphasize: "If there's a tie, the player who held the higher vote total most recently will be lynched". So in this case, if there was a 5-man wagon and a 3-man wagon and the 3-man wagon became a 5-man wagon, the first 5-man wagon would be lynched (which I believe is your intention); if that same 5-man wagon loses one vote and the 3-man wagon gains a vote, the formerly 5-man wagon is lynched.

I also would drop the 2 votes clause from plurality. If you want plurality, you should consistently enforce it across the whole game. Don't give players an out.

(This would be why we review rules.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 am

Post by mastina »

Final role notes:
-Have an answer ready for any and all possible kill-stopping actions; just because the roles aren't in the game doesn't mean you won't be asked about them.
For instance: "Would a protective role stop one kill, or all kills?" (By your chosen wording, it's "all".)
A protective PR (Doctor/Jailkeeper/Bodyguard/Rolestopper) targeting an X-shot bulletproof; which has priority? (That being, does the vest trigger first, or does the protective PR override the vest?)
Protective PR loops. (As in, how you would resolve Doctor/Bodyguard or Bodyguard/Rolestopper cross-protections.)

-Remember that your non-Normal roles will need to be flipped in full.

-Your mafia PMs have some broken tags somewhere (likely a missing [/b]), but otherwise look good, save this detail:
Anyone who targets this player will be prevented from performing their action.
Nitpick, but the rolestop doesn't prevent them from actioning. It causes their action to fail. This difference in wording has importance for the sake of any theoretical tracker (even though you don't have one), and far more relevant, holds importance for X-shot roles. (Preventing an action from happening implies the x-shot role is prevented from using the shot, thereby refunding it; causing an action to fail implies the x-shot role attempts to use the shot yet has it fail.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by mastina »

I'll modconfirm you as soon as possible.
Should specify the mod confirmation is within the neighborhood.
Otherwise good to go.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by mastina »