Newbie Guide to Survivor! (Questions + Tips Encouraged)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 am

Post by racefan12 »

You mean they weren't all meant as jokes?
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by racefan12 »

I don't think it's possible for me to be "too aggressive" on anything.

...Maybe that's my problem.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by racefan12 »

I consider Mafia and Survivor to be primarily different in that, in Mafia, you have to be able to persuade a group of others publicly that you're telling the truth and to convince them to believe you and work with you. In large social games like Survivor, you largely try to accomplish the same goal of getting others to believe you and work with you, but you do so privately, and generally one-on-one. Mafia's also a team game (it doesn't matter if you survive to the end, you win if your faction wins) while Survivor and the like are individual games.
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 am

Post by racefan12 »

Yeah, I think the idea of a group of spectators actively watching a forum game as it progresses is a foreign concept to most newbie players, and even if they're aware of the fact that there is a spectator forum, it's unlikely that they will know just how active it is or what the expected level of providing information to the spectators is. I know that if I hadn't been a spectator for LoL before playing my first game, I would have had no idea what I was expected to do in my confessional.

Having said that, I think part of the responsibility should fall on the spectators themselves to ask players questions in the confessional and encourage them to communicate before criticizing them for being boring or inactive.
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:50 am

Post by racefan12 »

A thread will be posted in this forum whenever a game is ready to accept applications. In the application you express your preference for whether you want to be a player or a spectator. The mods choose who to play in the game from the pool of those who express interest in being a player.
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”