Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm sorry I'm not linking but I'm just lazy and focusing on something else right now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Jae is trying to act like people don't request to not be read based on their main when they play on an alt.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16562, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:No like what is that even? He clearly wants to be read based on how he's playing this character, not on Pine the actual person.
In post 16563, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The fact that you think I'm high is baffling because you should understand where I'm coming from.
In post 16564, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What has Ceasar, not Pine, has done to be night killed?
In post 16565, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:This isn't a hydra, this is a character he's putting on that he clearly wants people to try to read.
I don't think reading him is any different from reading Pine? I feel like you should understand that, given your propensity for reading someone's personality first. It's still Pine driving the character. It's still Pine's thought processes in the reads. The only thing that would realistically have changed is how easy it is to read his posts and see where he's coming from. It just takes a bit more thinking about and looking at the gamestate as a whole.

As for 16564 (jesus fucking christ this game length) I was reading into the way mastina was trying to ask me questions that was leading to a protect Pine mindset. He could have become a town leader and seemed like he was town in his processes and some of our reads were eerily similar at times. I could see scum trying to make that nightkill that early on. When it became clear to me he was lynchbait on D3 I moved on to Alisae. I mean the real question you could ask is why Maxous protected Pine N3? One of us got it right because there was no nightkill. Either Alisae or Pine was a good protect given that.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16569, nancy wrote:
In post 16566, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 16545, MathBlade wrote:Who is your scum team BaeReed?
Not entirely sure. I don't do so well at doing associations (when I do pre-flips I almost always end up lynching town or causing town to be lynched) than I do individual scumreads then I work from there with VCA after a scum flip to find who to look at next. Then I look at their behaviour around the scumfirm. I'm missing that puzzle piece here. Individual scumreads are Vecna, Leonshade (maybe, but not paired with Nero), Nero (maybe but I have reservations for certain reasons I can't describe so we'll call those reservations gut for now), nancy (I always misread her though so I'm not sure, and I don't think she's partnered with Leon).

So I guess more likely there is Vecna/Nero/nancy/x/x? With the x's most likely being in my not lock towns somewhere?
You're scumreading me? Please reset and go through your reasoning again here, Notice. There is no possible chance of me being scum with Nero, for starters.
I can't remember you trying to push Nero to a lynch?
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16574, nancy wrote:
In post 16569, nancy wrote:You're scumreading me? Please reset and go through your reasoning again here, Notice. There is no possible chance of me being scum with Nero, for starters.
There's actually no way that I can be scum with Leonshade or Vecna, either.
I literally said you can't be scum with Leonshade. Nice try though. Explain why not with Nero and Vecna. I don't remember you seriously pushing either; just Leon.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by nancy »

I said at the start of the day that we're lynching Nero today, and I reaffirmed it when he said he was going for vig. I'm currently voting for him.

pedit because I was pushing Vecna's lynch Day 2 when he was at like L-2 before I switched to ABR. I wouldn't even push a lynch on a scumbud if I were scum. I think I'm even more anti-bus than you?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 16568, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 16561, MathBlade wrote:
In post 16559, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 16544, MathBlade wrote:Yeah. Agreed townblocks when used carefully are good.

Who is your town block?
{Math, Alisae, Creature, LUV, Caesar, RC}

The mutual suspicions in the block help to keep scum from coasting, but I am certain all these are town.
LUV I disagree with. Everything else I could do.
I'll try to explain in a different way.

I don't think Vecna meta clears LUV early D1 if they're scum together. I believe it could have been an attempt to pocket him more than anything.
I don't believe LUV allows Vecna to meta clear him early D1 if they're scum together either. It seems like the perfect point to fake paranoia at a partner if anything and he didn't take that.

Therefore I don't believe LUV and Vecna are scum together.

Is my logic not solid?
I can review this but it makes much more sense Vecna+LUV together.

However assume I am wrong and only one is scum. Which?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

All I'm asking is why he's being read like he's playing on his main. If he wanted to be read like that he would've stopped role playing a long time ago.

pedit: It is different. Yes it is Pine behind the character but he is trying to present a personality about this character that not only you have to quickly familiarize yourself with but also figure out what would this character do as scum or town. I don't know much about of the lore of this character he's portraying but I'd like to believe he would be a lot more aggressive as town.

It was very obvious early on that Pine wasn't going to stop role playing and that is when people should have shifted and say "Okay, you want to be this character so bad, let me actual try to figure it out now that I know you aren't trolling."
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It is like me pretending to be a video game character, you would eventually have to figure out the personality of said character and then scum hunt normally.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Am I making sense? I feel like I'm not.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16576, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Jae is trying to act like people don't request to not be read based on their main when they play on an alt.
Pine isn't playing on an alt though, it was originally intended as a hydra with a gimmick. Which means I am reading him based on his hydra head.

Besides which, I do read known alts based off their mains anyway. It's how I started trying to read Yuri once I realized who she was. I always have used the meta at my disposal and I always will, and if mastina has experience enough with a player to hint that she thinks they'd be a good doc protect when I'm in a role I'm ill-suited for then you can be damn well sure I'm going to take that helping hand, too.

You KNOW I use meta. Why are you pretending that you don't?
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16584, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Am I making sense? I feel like I'm not.
You're making sense but I think you're going about it the wrong way.

All you're familiarizing yourself with is a new speech pattern imo.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16580, nancy wrote:I said at the start of the day that we're lynching Nero today, and I reaffirmed it when he said he was going for vig. I'm currently voting for him.

pedit because I was pushing Vecna's lynch Day 2 when he was at like L-2 before I switched to ABR. I wouldn't even push a lynch on a scumbud if I were scum. I think I'm even more anti-bus than you?
You find distancing to be acceptable given what I know. Switching to ABR makes sense given that? I'll go back and look it up when I can.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16581, MathBlade wrote:I can review this but it makes much more sense Vecna+LUV together.

Vecna.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I do but not in this case. I don't know, I just don't think town makes those choices but maybe we just think differently.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 16588, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 16581, MathBlade wrote:I can review this but it makes much more sense Vecna+LUV together.

Vecna.
Who does mastina think is more likely scum? Nero or nancy?

Who do you think and why?

Where do you disagree and why?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

If it means anything I think I would've doc'd Creature/Kyouko N2
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16590, MathBlade wrote:
In post 16588, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:

Vecna.
Who does mastina think is more likely scum? Nero or nancy?

Who do you think and why?

Where do you disagree and why?
mastina won't give me more reads. She helped out with my first doc protect and the wonder choice but that was it really as far as giving me a hand out. Most of the answers I get if I try to prise anything more from her are variations of a reminder that I begged her to not give me a free pass at the start of the game because it won't help me learn.

Nero has a lot of bad reasonings at times that can be reminiscent of bad town or bad scum, but as I said earlier I kind of thought he'd be more lurky as scum. nancy keeps pushing people I'm sure are town and flopping all over the place from hard townreading them to hard scumreading them. If one flips scum the other is conftown I think (so long as nancy HAS been hard pushing Nero) but it doesn't necessarily work in the opposite way that a townflip scumfirms the other.

Given that, I think it's more likely nancy would be town out of the two, since town are more likely to flail with reads and paranoia throughout the game than scum are? Scum can fake paranoia over a slot but nancy is all over the place in a Fro99er-esque manner? Whereas with Nero both town and scum can have bad reasoning and it can be hard to distinguish between the two at times.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 16591, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:If it means anything I think I would've doc'd Creature/Kyouko N2
I don't see either of those as people who are likely to be nightkilled?
Kyouko did some of the spec thing he did in my mini normal but was largely absent in his games across site from what I know, apparently he got addicted to Civ when he started playing cuz of this game. Your doc on Kyouko there would have been a friend doc more than a likely nightkill type doc I think?
Creature might be ok but I think he only dies early in games because people consider him a low info kill, and sometimes (gonna cite In Memory again) he's left alive because scum think he's lynchbait (which he is I think, until you have people who are aware of his meta in the game).
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

What's the vote count at?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Kyouko because he's the setup master, he was being pushed on for shit reads, and I trusted him to take Orcale. Creature for the same reasons you described.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Looking back though, there are so many reasons why PV was killed since there hasn't been an obvious doc protect since Frogger died.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

Which is why I thought scum had Hanging Gardens tbh, since Fro99er was a bit of a no brainer I think? He was the most widely townread and willing to work with others even if he was all over the place.
My experience with PV is he doesn't get nightkilled early in the game but rather left for a lategame mislynch or nightkill. (Shadorun, Undertale) I really wasn't thinking of him as a viable protect given that, though Ali reamed me somewhat on not protecting PV when I claimed to him.
Kyouko wouldn't have died because he was being pushed on, he was lynchbait, so there's no point in protecting him there imo. I don't remember him ever having good reads in my mini normal either tbh. Him and Creature would have been seen as mislynchable, where Caesar I would have thought could normally put up a fight against his lynch. Once I realized he was seen as mislynchable as well I moved on to the obvtown neighborizer protect. I'm still not entirely sure Pine was targeted over Ali tbh. Unless scum got fed up with him not getting mislynched and decided to off him that way instead?

Anyway fair warning, my grandmother was in a place hit by a cyclone recently, tore roofs off houses and such, so I might end up V/LA since when we managed to get her on the phone just now she broke down... I might fly up to see if there's anything I can do once they allow flights there again. I'll announce it here if/when it happens and PM the mod but yeah.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

/me long distant virtual hugs to your grandmother BaeReed.

Honestly I'd think either Gork did the kill ATM or Alisae was the intended kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7822, nancy wrote:You don't get to know how I do VCA, sorry. The results will speak for themselves.

nancy what does your updated VCA say? There have been less VCs since when you last did one.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”