[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

MiniDeathStar
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 24, 2016
Location: Europe
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Newbie Game #1784
Notice

Pine has failed to pick up his prod and will be replaced.

TesXX
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #301  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 pm

In post 299, WhyMafia wrote:I'm kind of confused why there is a push for the lynch of pine. While it's bad to lose an active town, chances are they are vanilla townie and we can base future Lynchs off the reactions/comments of others. A pine lynch without him defending himself could cause us to lose an important town role. Not only that, we gain far less info from a pine lynch

Exactly.
Well, let's see who replaces Pine.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #302  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Tes your profile pic gives me nightmares

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #303  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 pm

@srceenplay
If you could protect one person who would it be
If you could kill someone who would it be (daykill)

TesXX
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #304  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 pm

In post 302, WhyMafia wrote:Tes your profile pic gives me nightmares
It's just L eating a banana.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #305  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm

In post 304, TesXX wrote:
In post 302, WhyMafia wrote:Tes your profile pic gives me nightmares
It's just L eating a banana.

If you say so

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #306  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:12 pm

In post 303, WhyMafia wrote:@srceenplay
If you could protect one person who would it be
If you could kill someone who would it be (daykill)

Protect myself
Kill pine.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #307  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Pine replaces Pine, if MDS will still have me. Refraining from catching up until she gives me the go-ahead to stay.

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #308  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 pm

I say let him play!
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

MiniDeathStar
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 24, 2016
Location: Europe
Pronoun: She

Post Post #309  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 am

Newbie Game #1784
Announcement

Pine can resume playing, but this is the only exception I'm making.
I will not allow for any more prods on him.

nancy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 26, 2016
Location: lesbian heaven
Pronoun: She

Post Post #310  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 am

In post 255, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 253, nancy wrote:I'm an SE in the newbie queue, just forgot that I wasn't in an SE slot this game. I corrected it immediately.


Thanks for enlightening me on this. What made you realize that you weren't an SE in under six minutes?

VOTE: nancy

I read the playerlist. Come at me bro.

VOTE: Noodle
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

MiniDeathStar
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 24, 2016
Location: Europe
Pronoun: She

Post Post #311  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:58 am

March 30, 2017 - 9:00 AM (GMT)
Day 1


The psychological pressure of the Escape Room seemed to have taken its toll on bjc0303, who
had been staring at the noose for hours and not uttering a single word. A concerned Pine came
up to him and tried to detect signs of life by talking and waving his hand in front of his eyes, but
it was all in vein. The boy was not responding to anything.

Pine: Damn. I think he's gone catatonic.

The speakers immediately buzzed into action.

Tribunal: Did I just hear the c-word? How unfortunate. Here, let me help you with that...
Pine: Wait, NO NO NOOOOO---

But the trap door had already gaped open and both Pine and bjc0303 disappeared in its maw.
Agitated by this unfair punishment, Srceenplay started vehemently protesting and demanding
his beloved Pine back.

Srceenplay: Pine was innocent! He was just trying to help the comatose guy! Let him play!
Tribunal: (Sighing) Fiiiine. I'm pretty sure he was just using that as an excuse to skirt away from the game,
but I'll make an exception this one time. Only because he's cute. Srceenplay, you might want to make room for---

Two brave adventurers fell from the ceiling on top of Srceenplay before the Tribunal could finish
her sentence.

Pine: Thank you for softening the fall, Srceeny!
Srceenplay: Ghuuuh... why can't you guys just use the normal, regular, walk-in kind of door?
CogMachine: Sorry uhh "Srceeny". We weren't allowed to go through the normal, regular, walk-in kind of door.
Srceenplay: Yeah, yeah. You're welcome.

In the meantime, nancy updated the vote board and tapped it with her chalk, reminding the trio
to stop stalling and focus, lest they found themselves in the pit again. A suggestion they all took
very seriously.


StealthyNoodle (L-3): Pine, nancy
Pine (L-3): Srceenplay, Loopdan
WhyMafia (L-4): Chronicle
nancy (L-4): StealthyNoodle

Not voting: CogMachine, WhyMafia, TesXX

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.


Deadline for Day 1 actions:
April 9, 2017 - 3:00 PM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-04-09 15:00:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

Vote Count 1.04
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

nancy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 26, 2016
Location: lesbian heaven
Pronoun: She

Post Post #312  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:58 am

In post 276, Loopdan wrote:Tes and noodle are screaming town to me.

You scum Loop?
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

Loopdan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 13, 2016

Post Post #313  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:36 am

@nancy-- I'm getting the feeling you already know the answer.

@mod-- I'm voting pine.

nancy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 26, 2016
Location: lesbian heaven
Pronoun: She

Post Post #314  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 am

I'm actually reading you as Town and the theory you're pushing here is pretty blatantly dumb and in ingorance of how partner interactions even work. If you want to scumread Pine for chainsawing you're more than welcome to but you're silly if you're conf!biasing on that so hard to manufacture a townread on an objectively obvscum slot just because it agrees with your misguided ideas about win-con. The mod hasn't intervened. Guess what that means? I'm not breaking any rules. I'm just pushing a philosophy. You don't like teaching and want gear up the game to churn out wins for newbies, go for it. I'd rather focus on teaching and if I have the chance to royally fuck over a newbie like I do right now with Noodle I'm not going to because it won't be fun for him or anyone else. I'm not going to play hard because I care about teaching. This is the newbie queue. Keep the tryhard for the normal queue.
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

Loopdan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 13, 2016

Post Post #315  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:42 am

@nancy-- What theory am I pushing? Which of Tes and Noodle is "objectively obvscum"?

Also, you are mistaken about the role of SE players in the Newbie Queue. SE's have no obligation to teach. If anything, SE's not playing hard for wincon hurts Newbie games.

nancy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 26, 2016
Location: lesbian heaven
Pronoun: She

Post Post #316  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 am

The one I am voting. This isn't about the role of SEs. I'm not an SE. You treating this as if it's some objective truth is the whole issue here. Instead of letting it drop as a difference in philosophy you've continued to push the fuck out of this all game long as though I'm not playing to win. It's nauseating by now, for the love of god.
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

MiniDeathStar
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 24, 2016
Location: Europe
Pronoun: She

Post Post #317  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 am

Newbie Game #1784
Reminder

If I feel that somebody is deliberately playing against their win condition, I will take measures.

StealthyNoodle
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 13, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #318  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:03 am

In post 314, nancy wrote:I'd rather focus on teaching and if I have the chance to royally fuck over a newbie like I do right now with Noodle I'm not going to because it won't be fun for him or anyone else. I'm not going to play hard because I care about teaching.

In post 316, nancy wrote:Instead of letting it drop as a difference in philosophy you've continued to push the fuck out of this all game long as though I'm not playing to win. It's nauseating by now, for the love of god.


I'd feel bad about lynching you for being helpful, should you actually be serious about this. But considering you're a player and scum would use every strat to avoid looking suspicious, I'll stand my case;
I find it suspicious that you're so keen about proclaiming that you'd like to teach.
Guess it's not enough though, and MiniDeathStar's latest post makes me doubt my theory. Ugh.


In post 310, nancy wrote:I read the playerlist. Come at me bro.

VOTE: Noodle

Okkay

In post 314, nancy wrote:an objectively obvscum [...] and if I have the chance to royally fuck over a newbie like I do right now with Noodle I'm not going to because it won't be fun for him or anyone else.

I'd like to see you try! Stop pitying me, and give me your best shot. If I'm obvscum it shouldn't be hard at all. We all got into the game prepared to be lynched at first day. I won't be bitter, and I doubt the others will be either. Being an semi-experienced player, you know this - and tbh you're just making yourself more suspicious.

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #319  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:39 am

In post 314, nancy wrote:I'm actually reading you as Town and the theory you're pushing here is pretty blatantly dumb and in ingorance of how partner interactions even work. If you want to scumread Pine for chainsawing you're more than welcome to but you're silly if you're conf!biasing on that so hard to manufacture a townread on an objectively obvscum slot just because it agrees with your misguided ideas about win-con. The mod hasn't intervened. Guess what that means? I'm not breaking any rules. I'm just pushing a philosophy. You don't like teaching and want gear up the game to churn out wins for newbies, go for it. I'd rather focus on teaching and if I have the chance to royally fuck over a newbie like I do right now with Noodle I'm not going to because it won't be fun for him or anyone else. I'm not going to play hard because I care about teaching. This is the newbie queue. Keep the tryhard for the normal queue.


Ok. I agree that trying to break setup in a newbie game is shitty. I don't think it should be the norm.

If you have "the chance" to push someone you should. I think the best way to learn is to be pushed or even screw up. You saying you don't want to sounds scumy to me. Like you know you have something to push but you don't want to because you know it's a lie. Because if that's the case I can understand your thought about it not being fun. Because no one wants to be pushed and told they are something they aren't.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #320  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:01 am

Alright, I'm here. Scum can just give up now.

Strong reads:

TesXX: Obvious town is obvious town. I think his focus on setup is about what you'd expect from a more inexperienced player. Linking sources rather than belaboring the point and arguing about it for all of day one is a town play. Going with the plan is a town play. If he's scum, he's actively hurting his team. I'll probably revisit this if he's not killed by day 3 or so.

nancy

In post 60, nancy wrote:
In post 57, TesXX wrote:@nancy how does claiming BP or not BP f up RVS?

Look at this thread for evidence. RVS has been stilted by the philosophical differences in your insistence that people claim and my refusal to claim. Discussing theory at this point is not at all conducive to scumhunting, which is what we should be doing and which is what RVS is designed to facilitate.


Ok, you're town. (Not just for this post, but this sticks out to me as a post no mafia would make)

Srceenplay: Calling you out!

In post 290, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 288, StealthyNoodle wrote:You're aware that lynching means you kill them of, right? This whole thing could just be a misunderstanding.

Yes.
Let's kill him.
Better than a possible mislynch of an active town. Can you agree with that?


This is a mafia argument. Period. It sets up "well at least we killed a lurker!" and "No one can be blamed".

In post 283, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 282, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 275, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Pine

Why vote Pine? He just got prodded.


It's easier to lynch someone when they are not around to defend themselves.


Really, only scum care about how "easy" it is to lynch someone. Towns care about identifying scum.

Its a difference in objectives you just made apparent.

Fight me.



WhyMafia: Talk to me about Loopdan.

Chronicle: Who do you think is scum? Why? Lots of town reads from you, lots of questions, but an interesting blank when it comes to scum reads. So if you had to lynch someone right now, who would you lynch?

Loopdan: Talk to me about Chronicle. What's your read?

Pine: Hi. You said: getting a vibe that at least one scum is on nancy right now, maybe both. (post 81). I'd like to revisit that. Who?

StealthyNoodle: You're not very stealthy are you?

VOTE: Srceenplay

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #321  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

@cog
What do you want to fight about?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #322  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:17 am

In post 321, Srceenplay wrote:@cog
What do you want to fight about?

Why do you want an easy lynch?

What made Pine compelling? Do you have any actual town reads?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #323  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 am

In post 322, CogMachine wrote:
In post 321, Srceenplay wrote:@cog
What do you want to fight about?

Why do you want an easy lynch?

What made Pine compelling? Do you have any actual town reads?

1) I don't.
2) Pine couldn't defend himself.
3) still working on a list.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

Chronicle
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 24, 2017

Post Post #324  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:38 am

In post 278, StealthyNoodle wrote:Or would you like expand on this vote, and the reason you didn't add anything when WhyMafia asked?

Didn't have anything to add. Just moving on to the next person to push and get a feel on

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games