[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #272  (isolation #0)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 pm

hey guys, just joining. Give me a little bit to read the thread!

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #273  (isolation #1)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Not BP.

Since we're going with that.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #320  (isolation #2)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:01 am

Alright, I'm here. Scum can just give up now.

Strong reads:

TesXX: Obvious town is obvious town. I think his focus on setup is about what you'd expect from a more inexperienced player. Linking sources rather than belaboring the point and arguing about it for all of day one is a town play. Going with the plan is a town play. If he's scum, he's actively hurting his team. I'll probably revisit this if he's not killed by day 3 or so.

nancy

In post 60, nancy wrote:
In post 57, TesXX wrote:@nancy how does claiming BP or not BP f up RVS?

Look at this thread for evidence. RVS has been stilted by the philosophical differences in your insistence that people claim and my refusal to claim. Discussing theory at this point is not at all conducive to scumhunting, which is what we should be doing and which is what RVS is designed to facilitate.


Ok, you're town. (Not just for this post, but this sticks out to me as a post no mafia would make)

Srceenplay: Calling you out!

In post 290, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 288, StealthyNoodle wrote:You're aware that lynching means you kill them of, right? This whole thing could just be a misunderstanding.

Yes.
Let's kill him.
Better than a possible mislynch of an active town. Can you agree with that?


This is a mafia argument. Period. It sets up "well at least we killed a lurker!" and "No one can be blamed".

In post 283, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 282, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 275, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Pine

Why vote Pine? He just got prodded.


It's easier to lynch someone when they are not around to defend themselves.


Really, only scum care about how "easy" it is to lynch someone. Towns care about identifying scum.

Its a difference in objectives you just made apparent.

Fight me.



WhyMafia: Talk to me about Loopdan.

Chronicle: Who do you think is scum? Why? Lots of town reads from you, lots of questions, but an interesting blank when it comes to scum reads. So if you had to lynch someone right now, who would you lynch?

Loopdan: Talk to me about Chronicle. What's your read?

Pine: Hi. You said: getting a vibe that at least one scum is on nancy right now, maybe both. (post 81). I'd like to revisit that. Who?

StealthyNoodle: You're not very stealthy are you?

VOTE: Srceenplay

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #322  (isolation #3)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:17 am

In post 321, Srceenplay wrote:@cog
What do you want to fight about?

Why do you want an easy lynch?

What made Pine compelling? Do you have any actual town reads?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325  (isolation #4)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am

In post 323, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 322, CogMachine wrote:
In post 321, Srceenplay wrote:@cog
What do you want to fight about?

Why do you want an easy lynch?

What made Pine compelling? Do you have any actual town reads?

1) I don't.
2) Pine couldn't defend himself.
3) still working on a list.


In post 283, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 282, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 275, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Pine

Why vote Pine? He just got prodded.


It's easier to lynch someone when they are not around to defend themselves.

VOTE: Pine



Weird. Because what I'm hearing here is "I want an easy lynch". Specifically, a non-controversial lynch so that you can't be blamed for killing a townie!

Why is the fact that Pine couldn't defend himself good?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #330  (isolation #5)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:48 am

In post 329, Srceenplay wrote:@ Cog.
Didn't say it was good. I used it as a reason to vote.

So you voted for an easy lynch, which is a bad thing, because it was easy?

Does that sound like you're trying to kill mafia? Or does that sound like you're just trying to vote for someone no one will blame you for voting?

Because I know what it sounds like to me!

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #331  (isolation #6)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

In post 327, Chronicle wrote:
In post 320, CogMachine wrote:Who do you think is scum? Why? Lots of town reads from you, lots of questions, but an interesting blank when it comes to scum reads. So if you had to lynch someone right now, who would you lynch?

nancy, pine, whymafia

Preference of lynch in that order


Please explain what specific posts lead to your reads if at all possible. Since nancy is your strongest read I'm most interested in this.

What behaviors specifically make them scum?

Good luck studying!

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #337  (isolation #7)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

In post 333, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 330, CogMachine wrote:
In post 329, Srceenplay wrote:@ Cog.
Didn't say it was good. I used it as a reason to vote.

So you voted for an easy lynch, which is a bad thing, because it was easy?

Does that sound like you're trying to kill mafia? Or does that sound like you're just trying to vote for someone no one will blame you for voting?

Because I know what it sounds like to me!


Lynch is not easy. He is still alive with no extra votes.

Can't killing mafia and "voting for someone no one will blame me for voting" be the same thing?

Are you trying to say Pine is not Mafia?

What does it sound like to you?


I dunno if pine is mafia. He's said jack shit basically. What I do know is that you didn't actually want to lynch him because he was mafia. You wanted to lynch him because he couldn't defend himself.

I mean, you're the one who said it was easier to lynch people who don't fight back, not me. You're also the one who voted for someone because they couldn't defend themselves! Which is a mafia thing to do! You even started justifying a myslinch preemptively with the whole "better a lurker than active town"

And at no point did you argue that Pine was mafia. Rather you argued that lynching an inactive townie was better than lynching an active townie. You know, as if you had some kind of... confirmation bias?

Like, let me be clear, you voted to kill someone without making an argument as to why they're mafia, and when asked why, said that it was because they were an easier lynch than other people. That is not the mindset someone who is town has. Hell, there's a number of ways a townie would have phrased lynching an inactive player, and you didn't hit on any of them.

You're mafia. If you're not mafia, then give me a good argument why Pine should die, since you seem so dead set on it? Make it convincing, because I'm fairly certain you're mafia.

How do you feel about nancy?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #338  (isolation #8)  » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

In post 334, Chronicle wrote:And with her stances on pine and noodle(disagree with both of them) as well as her recent reaction, it kinda reads as scum getting defensive.

Interesting, I'm not reading it the same way at all.

What do you think about Srceenplay? Do you disagree with my assessment of him?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #379  (isolation #9)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am

In post 378, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 376, WhyMafia wrote:The doc prot shows how much you think somebody is town.

I guess it was a bad plan tho :/

Then again, you still read town to me. So does Srceenplay.

Why and why?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #440  (isolation #10)  » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:25 am

Saturdays I'm limited to phone posting.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #442  (isolation #11)  » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:27 am

In post 436, TesXX wrote:
In post 435, WhyMafia wrote:Tes, who do you think are good lynch targets right now?
And who would you say are your solid town reads?

The town reads I'm still working on right now. My suspicions are nancy and Srceen right now.

Curious. What about nancy is scummy?

How do you feel about pine now?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #468  (isolation #12)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Loopdan! Can you believe I even forgot you were in this game?

That's because you have these insubstantial, uncontroversial opinions. They're there, but they aren't backed by any evidence, so they're easy to ignore. In fact your only vote has been for pine

Tell me, now that he's active again, who do you want to lynch today?

Also how long do we have left in the day?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #469  (isolation #13)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:50 pm

In fact just for fun I was looking at your old games Loopdan. Just curious you know. Wanted to see if you were just shy or something. You don't strike me as shy though.

Where's the Loopdan from Newbie 1767 that so fearlessly pushed his targets. Who had strong scum accusations because he was town? Not really seeing you pushing lynches this game. Certainly not the level of scumhunting we saw in that game. But that's ok, you were BP that game! Lets look at a game where you aren't: Newbie 1746. Oh look, more strong opinions. Pushing. Not sitting on the BP claim train and doing little else.

Well, lets take a peek somewhere else. Looks like you're capable of long posts with opinions in them. And able to actually point at posts you find suspicious. In games where you're town that is.

Haven't seen much of that today Loopdan. Not much at all. I'm very keen to hear your reads and what evidence they're based on.

Very keen indeed.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #470  (isolation #14)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm bored.

People should post so we can get to lynching mafia.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #476  (isolation #15)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 pm

In post 475, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 461, StealthyNoodle wrote:the fact that he makes a post(222), doesn't get a response within the next 3 hours, and proceeds to this:
In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?

makes me believe he's pushing the game state and want feedback for his ideas/statements. As scum, he would probably gain more from just waiting instead? And it wouldn't look suspicious either.


@CogMachine Are you copycatting WhyMafia, to make me believe you're townie as well?

In post 470, CogMachine wrote:I'm bored.

People should post so we can get to lynching mafia.

I have another few hours sitting at a starbucks. So no. I am legitimately bored.

I didn't realize whymafia had done something like that, and I don't think its indicative of alignment one way or another. Mafia get bored too I'm sure.

I'm more interested in what you think about my comments on Loopdan tbh. Or just your read on him.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #478  (isolation #16)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 pm

In post 477, Loopdan wrote:I'll catch up on everything and post some more thoughts later.


Cool. I'll be waiting with bated breath.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #480  (isolation #17)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:21 pm

In post 479, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 476, CogMachine wrote:
In post 475, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 461, StealthyNoodle wrote:the fact that he makes a post(222), doesn't get a response within the next 3 hours, and proceeds to this:
In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?

makes me believe he's pushing the game state and want feedback for his ideas/statements. As scum, he would probably gain more from just waiting instead? And it wouldn't look suspicious either.


@CogMachine Are you copycatting WhyMafia, to make me believe you're townie as well?

In post 470, CogMachine wrote:I'm bored.

People should post so we can get to lynching mafia.

I have another few hours sitting at a starbucks. So no. I am legitimately bored.

I didn't realize whymafia had done something like that, and I don't think its indicative of alignment one way or another. Mafia get bored too I'm sure.

I'm more interested in what you think about my comments on Loopdan tbh. Or just your read on him.

So you weren't reading the thread? Stealthy had just noticed that on the same page, yet to fail to see it? FoS (I think I used it right)

I had just read like 5+ threads worth of Loopdan posts. So no, the fact that someone had commented on a minor non-alignment indicative thing wasn't at the forefront of my mind.

Do you want to comment on my loopdan post? Do you think Loopdan's play is different from his play in other games based on the evidence I provided?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #481  (isolation #18)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Also my exile at starbucks is coming to a close, so my replies will slow down.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (isolation #19)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 pm

In post 488, Loopdan wrote:I would warn against using meta (unless it's meta where you were in the game), but since some of you stalkers like digging into my past, here's a list:

Image


Thank you! And thanks for your bigger post. I'll dig into it tomorrow.

StealthyNoodle wrote:     

Loopdan wrote:
In post 482, StealthyNoodle wrote:Regarding your Loopdan, it's fine research. I agree he's more silent here than in previous games, though I don't think it's a good enough reason to consider him scummy. Might come in handy later on though.

To compare:
Newbie 1739(VT)- 52 of the 382 first posts were his (counting from post 150, when he replaced)
Newbie 1746(VT) - 49 of the 382 first posts were his.
Newbie 1767(BP) - 46 of the 382 first posts were his.
This game - 24 of the 382 first posts were his.


Why did you choose these three games to compare?

Honestly, because they were the first few that came up in the "your threads" thing. I just wanted a baseline.

@noodle and TesXX. My concern wasn't the number of posts. It was the quality of said posts. I believe a good player can say a lot with few posts. They don't even have to be long. Its all about the motivations that show up. Simply being able to point at posts you find scummy and explaining *why* those are posts that are scummy (or townie) gives insight into your thought process. Which is exactly what we want to be digging into.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #517  (isolation #20)  » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

In post 516, Srceenplay wrote:I love how he was dared to do it but I never seen anyone here dare him.

Did you go through his posts looking for it? Or do you think he's mafia his scumbuddy dated him to?

Also on mobile today which is blergh.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #518  (isolation #21)  » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm

In post 517, CogMachine wrote:
In post 516, Srceenplay wrote:I love how he was dared to do it but I never seen anyone here dare him.

Did you go through his posts looking for it? Or do you think he's mafia and his scumbuddy dared him to?

Also on mobile today which is blergh.

EBWOP

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #531  (isolation #22)  » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:29 am

Gonna be on a plane today, so likely slow posting.

If we could not quickhammer that'd be great.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #538  (isolation #23)  » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:41 am

In post 537, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 521, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 515, StealthyNoodle wrote:I love how WhyMafia's beautiful Yoda-haiku just fetched him a vote.

That was not even close to a haiku smh

@screenplay
It was on the forum that introduced me to mafia
I heard that you guys here are all tryhards and I would be hammered if I spoke yoda-esque. I'm actually surprised nobody else voted me besides you.


Also not a town post


What about it is scummy? Specifically what shows a non-town mindset?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #590  (isolation #24)  » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Looks like the nancy wagon has dissipated.

I'm concerned that there's only one real wagon, thats usually a pointer that mafia aren't on the chopping block.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #592  (isolation #25)  » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm actually more interested in seeing what TesXX has to say. Explcit pressure is not very useful. Try to convince me to lynch chronicle instead and I might listen.

Tes, who do you think is mafia?

Come on, don't be shy. I'm very curious.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #594  (isolation #26)  » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:51 pm

In post 593, WhyMafia wrote:I posted like 10 posts on why Chronicle is scummy xd

Check my most recent posts

But you said pressure, not lynch.

Are you here to pressure Chronicle or do you want Chronicle to die?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #597  (isolation #27)  » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:39 pm

In post 596, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 591, WhyMafia wrote:Help me pressure chronicle then

My nancy-vote isn't doing much at the moment. But I'd feel safer lynching her, than Chronicle; nancy has already claimed to be a Vanilla Townie, and Chronicle might still be a power role.
Chronicle is suspicious to me, but I'll save the vote for now. Considering he's at L-3, my vote will put him at L-2. Should two scum be left to vote, he'd most likely get lynched.

1.) That really won't happen, that'd be the most suspicious shit ever.

2.) Are you only ever going to vote people who claim VT then? Because that's a great way to never lynch anyone.

Why is nancy more suspicious than Chronicle?

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #645  (isolation #28)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 pm

In post 639, TesXX wrote:
In post 592, CogMachine wrote:I'm actually more interested in seeing what TesXX has to say. Explcit pressure is not very useful. Try to convince me to lynch chronicle instead and I might listen.

Tes, who do you think is mafia?

Come on, don't be shy. I'm very curious.

I will say who I think is scum if you claim tracker or not tracker.

Your obsession with power roles is interesting to me.

I'd call your refusal to engage based on my lack claim quite dodgy! Also your obsession with power roles.

But fine, tracker.

I'm not sure this "plan" was a good idea, but everyone else went along with it

If there's a mafia ballsy enough to claim cop, now's your chance.

I've had a really rough day, will post more content tomorrow.

CogMachine
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #685  (isolation #29)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:57 am

Post from me once I'm back from the dentist


[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games