Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

This thread is golden.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Yume, you are adorable kiddo.

That's real.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Deleted my last post because it was unnecessary.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 544, Yume wrote:Try taking a V/LA when you get unconscious five times a day and your fingers are shaking......
Sounds like an ideal time to take V/LA, actually.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:13 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 557, Yume wrote:
In post 555, Nexus wrote:Furthermore, why should we keep giving people chances who have shown no signs of improvement, when their poor play and attitude is ruining the game for at best 2-5 other people and at worst upwards of 20 other people?
Because they might flake due to illness/irl committment and are unable to declare V/LA? Or do you posture that these are less important than mafia? Because if so, then there might be a wee bit of wrong in your stance.
The whole world is wrong and out to get you, even when what they're saying has nothing to do with your excuse of the day.

Nexus is referring to WOTMing behaviors. Not absences.

I know you're a precious little snowflake and the entire universe revolves around you, but do try to consider the little people and what they are actually saying in order to craft a more relevant excuse, your majesty.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 560, Yume wrote:p-edit 2: No, his post explicitly mentions flaking out because of lack of activity. 'Lack of activity' also includes absences.
So fucking what?

You didn't quote that, so your post was not in response to it.

Maybe you should actually learn to quote what you want to address instead of just shit out words directed at a random block of text.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 561, Accountant wrote:Do you know how immature and petty it is to redact a person's name because you don't like them?
[redacted] that [redacted], you [redacted] know that [redacted] has no [redacted] [redacted].
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

The fact that, out of the thousands of players on this site, you feel that you above all have been singled out for this horribly undeserved punishment, makes you quite the special little snowflake.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 570, Yume wrote:p-edit: Even if they get ill unexpectedly? I find that hard to believe......
Anyone that flakes out of more games than they actually play has no business signing up for games regardless of the reason behind the flaking.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 571, Yume wrote:
In post 568, -Grey- wrote:The fact that, out of the thousands of players on this site, you feel that you above all have been singled out for this horribly undeserved punishment, makes you quite the special little snowflake.
So you are saying to me that players who aren't me have been WoTCed from games in the last six months? Proof or it didn't happen.
No, I'm saying you must believe you are awfully special if an entire community is going to pick on little old you for absolutely no good reason.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 574, Yume wrote:I am an un-person, am I right?
Where have I ever said that?

I don't even know you.

I've played in a couple games with your alt account, and you were bearable even if your shtick was a little annoying.

If you had not participated in this thread in the manner that you have, I'd have never known about this persecution complex that you seem to have because you're just one player among thousands to me.

But when you go lashing out at people that aren't even directing their posts specifically at you and making the discussion all about you instead of keeping the topic general in nature, you shape people's opinions of you before they even play a game with you.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 577, Yume wrote:Well, if you've been kicked out of nearly every game during the past year, you would have a persecution complex too.
No, I wouldn't.

I'd accept that my behavior was unacceptable and find ways to make amends. I wouldn't blame the world for rejecting me.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:25 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 579, Yume wrote:Find ways how? If you were kicked out of Large/Mini/Micro queues and nearly every single game they have in sign-ups and it continues and Newbie/Normal/Open queues are too boring for you plus the fact that Newbie Queue doesn't allow alts, how exactly would you find a way to make amends? Enlighten me and I will follow your words of wisdom to the letter

Also keep in mind I don't like being VT when you reply.
Sometimes, you gotta do some things you might not specifically enjoy in order to accomplish something meaningful in life.

If playing in some games that are not specifically to my tastes allowed me to illustrate to the community that I was willing and able to participate in an acceptable manner, I would do so without complaint.

In the words of the great philosopher Jagger: You can't always get what you want.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 585, Yume wrote:And how long would you have to participate in those games before site as a whole acknowledges you've improved? Because I tried being active in a game and succeeded and yet I was still being kicked out.
"A game"?

Did you wreck your reputation in "a game"?

No?

Then why do you expect it to be fixed in "a game"?

When problem behaviors are established over a pattern of games, it will take a pattern of games without those behaviors for redemption.

I'm not going to sit here and dictate your behavior or demand a certain number of anything, because it's not my place to say such things and you need to learn to self-regulate.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 am

Post by -Grey- »

Nah, not buying that.

I don't for a second believe any player would be banished from everybody's games over a single bad performance without also just flat getting site banned.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 590, vonflare wrote:hey can you guys take this argument to a private topic or something I'm tired of this thread being bumped in my egosearch thx
Hi vonflare.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 606, McMenno wrote:so what's wrong with taking the back streets
You'll never know if you don't go.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 635, Ankamius wrote:If I can be close to useless in half my town games and never get WotC'd, it can't really be that hard to avoid it, right?
Your avatar compensates for that.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:29 am

Post by -Grey- »

davsto's avatar is a personal attack. My pwecious feewings are hurt.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 642, Davsto wrote:I'd love to play but I've basically had no enjoyment out of the last few games I've played - no motivation, no drive to scumhunt, barely even remembering what's gone on. Maybe it's the increased workload from college or maybe I've just stopped really caring about it.
I'm actually getting there, myself. I'm running out the few games I'm still in and taking a break.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 643, Davsto wrote:
In post 641, -Grey- wrote:davsto's avatar is a personal attack. My pwecious feewings are hurt.
are you going to wotc my avatar
Yes. Then I'm going to cry about my feelings for pity.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 am

Post by -Grey- »

He is.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:23 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 655, Vaxkiller wrote:WOTM Wisdom of the mod
WOTC Wisdom of the ?
Crowd
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 565, Yume wrote:Note: I am against WOTC and WOTO, not WOTM.
If you are not against WOTM, you have no grounds to complain about WOTC.

It is the mod's decision to implement WOTC, effectively making their exercising of WOTC an extension of WOTM because the mod has the right to ignore the crowd if they so choose.

TL;DR> WOTC -
is
- WOTM.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 665, KuroiXHF wrote:Since I started this thread, can I WOTM GIF out?
Why would you want to do that?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #25) » Mon May 01, 2017 10:54 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 670, Annadog40 wrote:We had it stop at 666. Was so good but now it is too late. Unless we coordinate deleing posts.
And on April 1st, too.

Opportunity lost.
---

Return to “Mafia Discussion”