Spectators

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Xof's post is super on point. A spec 'on your side' (read, just the kind of pep talk thing hippy mentioned) is also really valuable. I do think there is some issues on leading questions, but mods are just as likely to do that as specs.

Anything that increases your participation as a player has to be a good thing, especially when you are new. Having TAS around in botb was my favourite thing and did change the game for me a lot, even just having her around in the chatzy and such...sensible, but non guidey questions in my confessional.

In my dream world, I'd love to run like... a newbie survivor with a dedicated spec/experienced person, kinda like a hydra but not really, they'd be there to support and ask questions and explain basic things (ties, rocks, how to use imugr?). It'd make me super happy and perhaps give newbies a reason to keep engaged and stop the occasional pattern of newbie pre merge boots.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”