Hypocop

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...it can be useful in certain unusual setups. I think in most mafia games, though, it just wastes a lot of time, and it'd probably be safer for a normal cop just breadcrumb rather then do something like this.

Franky, it wouldn't be all that hard for the scum to figure out who the cop was if everyone was doing this. The town is much better off with standard cop breadcrumbs instead, if the cop really feels the need to do that.

That being said, in some wierd games (games with varying sanity, or like the hypo-searching mason Thok mentioned), it can be a viable stratagy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I agree with Adel.

If everyone posts guilty or innocent on someone, then the scum will right off the bat rule know that something like half the players in the game are not cops. Then you can narrow it down farther, because the people who are cops will obveously tend to think through their choice of targets much more carefully then those who are not cops. The odds are very high that hypocop will just let the scum figure out who the cop is. In some situations, it's actually worse then a day 1 cop claim would be, because at least in a day 1 cop claim there might be a doc who can protect the cop; in hypocop, the scum can figure out who the cop is, and the doc really can't, making it basically the worst of both worlds.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mole: Well, if people start taking that tell very seriously ("X claimed a guilty on Y and was then killed! Y must be scum!") then, if you think that either person A or person B is the cop, just kill off someone who claimed a guilty on person A, and let the town bandwagon person A because of it until person A has to claim. ;) There's more then one way to skin a cat.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”