[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #400  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:21 pm

^ Basically because if you think of that question from a scum!WM perspective, it maximizes info on where he might direct a NK. If we have a scumteam of 2 newbies, as it's looking like, then this kind of information is something scum!WM might be trying to gather in a kind of cutesey way.
In the darkness I will meet my creators.
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

Pine
In Your Head

Pronoun: He

Post Post #401  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Granted, they could be scum trying to fabricate content, but the target and nature of the question makes me think they're at attempt at scumhunting.

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #402  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 pm

They might be taking a weird angle, who knows. I haven't seen any other significant attempts at scumhunting so far, so hopefully we see more from the slot so we can better judge their motives.
In the darkness I will meet my creators.
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

Chronicle
Goon

Post Post #403  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:37 pm

In post 396, TesXX wrote:Give me time to read this.

I play on mobile and I hate you for this post.

TesXX
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Pine wrote:-I do not endorse Tracker-claiming: The whole point of BP-claiming is that it limits scum fakeclaiming opportunities without a drawback for Town. Having a Tracker claim is BEGGING for scum to roleblock or kill a major investigative role. Heavy suspicion of TesXX for suggesting this.

A tracker and a Mafia Roleblocker CANNOT co exist. If there is a Tracker and no bulletproof there is a doctor to protect the Tracker.

Chronicle
Goon

Post Post #405  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:44 pm

In post 397, Pine wrote:This one? A couple of things.

1) Scum tend to hedge their bets with their reads. They like to have few TRs, few SRs, and lots of grey area that they can work with and be flexible/opportunistic. By pressing someone to commit to hard reads, WM is narrowing that grey area and putting the suspect off balance.
2) The choice of suspect is also kind of telling. WM didn't pick someone who was strongly present or someone who was absent, he picked someone who had thus far been difficult to sort. That strikes me as gamesolving.
3) This sort of question forces people to make connections and associatives, and can be very handy down the road.

Now, I don't think WM meant all of that, but the motives are probably Town. The quoted post more than anything else seems to vindicate my cold feet regarding early WM suspicion.

Asking someone to name their strong TR and strong SR would already be looking for reads that were originally outside of their grey area. I don't think this question really pulls out anything from a player, and kinda hints of light PR hunting(though admittedly thinking about it it won't amount to anything).

Fair enough, he asking Srceenplay is interesting, but I'm not sure I agree 100% with that read into it.

And honestly, so would any readlist.

The question is pretty out of nowhere and while I like the perspective that if encourages players to take a stance on other players, I think this question fails to achieve that, and I don't think he made that question was made with that intent anyway.

Chronicle
Goon

Post Post #406  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm

In post 398, Pine wrote:
In post 394, Chronicle wrote:Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.

You're welcome to disagree, but I'd like to hear your Towncase on Noodle.

Mostly formed through my interaction with him on nancy, and any interaction with him from that point onwards, but just going through his ISO briefly:
[p]197[/p] doesn't shy away from his very superficially-contradictory statement on the claiming BP strat
[p]220[/p] [p]225[/p] [p]256[/p] reads as actively looking at players
[p]249[/p] actually scumhunting
[p]270[/p] actually cares about interactions and responses

Chronicle
Goon

Post Post #407  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 pm

In post 406, Chronicle wrote:
In post 398, Pine wrote:
In post 394, Chronicle wrote:Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.

You're welcome to disagree, but I'd like to hear your Towncase on Noodle.

Mostly formed through my interaction with him on nancy, and any interaction with him from that point onwards, but just going through his ISO briefly:
doesn't shy away from his very superficially-contradictory statement on the claiming BP strat
reads as actively looking at players
actually scumhunting
actually cares about interactions and responses

Fixed that.

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:46 pm

In post 403, Chronicle wrote:
In post 396, TesXX wrote:Give me time to read this.

I play on mobile and I hate you for this post.

I second this.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

TesXX
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 pm

In post 323, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 322, CogMachine wrote:
In post 321, Srceenplay wrote:@cog
What do you want to fight about?

Why do you want an easy lynch?

What made Pine compelling? Do you have any actual town reads?

1) I don't.
2) Pine couldn't defend himself.
This looks like a contradiction. Not wanting an easy lynch after voting someone while saying it's easy to lynch them?
In post 283, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 282, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 275, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Pine

Why vote Pine? He just got prodded.

It's easier to lynch someone when they are not around to defend themselves.

VOTE: Pine

Not tracker

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:31 pm

But I'm not voting pine

WhyMafia
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 pm

In post 400, nancy wrote:^ Basically because if you think of that question from a scum!WM perspective, it maximizes info on where he might direct a NK. If we have a scumteam of 2 newbies, as it's looking like, then this kind of information is something scum!WM might be trying to gather in a kind of cutesey way.

But everyone has different reads on who is solid town? If everyone has different opinions, how would that help me?
Also, I used the question to at least try to scum hunt. I'm susp on screenplay (sorry for the autocorrect xd) for his answer to that question. He wanted to kill Pine of all people.

@Pine
I didn't intend for my questions to be like that, but I'll go with it!

I haven't played in too many games (this is my second to be precise), and I was just curious if after this game, someone experienced could pm or write in this thread some ways to look for scum. I'm just improving xd

WhyMafia
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Meant to include this sorry VOTE: SrceenPlay
You tried to get Pine killed and now you seem very defensive over it. Your latest response (well I'm not voting him) seems to be whining. I feel as though you were hoping to put pressure on someone else, and quickly back off if it doesn't work out.
I'm not sure if I explained this right, if someone's confused just tell me

WhyMafia
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 pm

Question - If I had asked "Who would you day kill right now" and forget about the protection would that have been a better question (this is for future games)

TesXX
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:42 pm

In post 410, Srceenplay wrote:But I'm not voting pine

I know, but you still seemed to have contradicted yourself before you unvoted Pine. Unless I missed something?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:51 pm

@pine
-CogMachine catchup post shouts newTown. TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny). I'd object to the srceenplay SR, but the guy has less content than I do and he's actually been posting consistently. Pressure is good.

Why didn't you vote me if pressure is good?
I mean I voted you and didn't even get a response from. First you ignore the game and now me!?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:53 pm

In post 413, WhyMafia wrote:Question - If I had asked "Who would you day kill right now" and forget about the protection would that have been a better question (this is for future games)

Maybe just ask for a read list or top scum or town read

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm

In post 412, WhyMafia wrote:Meant to include this sorry
VOTE: SrceenPlay
You tried to get Pine killed and now you seem very defensive over it. Your latest response (well I'm not voting him) seems to be whining. I feel as though you were hoping to put pressure on someone else, and quickly back off if it doesn't work out.
I'm not sure if I explained this right, if someone's confused just tell me

I'm being defensive?? I am trying to be inclusive!
Why would I go out of my way to kill someone during the day when if scum I could do it at night silently?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm

In post 414, TesXX wrote:

I know, but you still seemed to have contradicted yourself before you unvoted Pine. Unless I missed something?

Yup. You missed something

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 pm

Pine
Since you just read and caught up. Everything is fresh in your mind. Can we get a read list?

TesXX
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 pm

In post 418, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 414, TesXX wrote:

Yup. You missed something

What was it that I missed?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:22 pm

1)[ ] I don't. [/b]
3) still working on a list.

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:22 pm

In post 421, Srceenplay wrote:

1)[b ] I don't. [/b]
3) still working on a list.

Edit*

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Lol. It's good enough

Pine
In Your Head

Post Post #424  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 am

In post 411, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 400, nancy wrote:^ Basically because if you think of that question from a scum!WM perspective, it maximizes info on where he might direct a NK. If we have a scumteam of 2 newbies, as it's looking like, then this kind of information is something scum!WM might be trying to gather in a kind of cutesey way.

But everyone has different reads on who is solid town? If everyone has different opinions, how would that help me?
Also, I used the question to at least try to scum hunt. I'm susp on screenplay (sorry for the autocorrect xd) for his answer to that question. He wanted to kill Pine of all people.

@Pine
I didn't intend for my questions to be like that, but I'll go with it!

I haven't played in too many games (this is my second to be precise), and I was just curious if after this game, someone experienced could pm or write in this thread some ways to look for scum. I'm just improving xd

Post-game discussions and analysis is pretty standard when you have a decent IC. I'll definitely be sticking around to chat. If we end up in the dead thread together, I am also happy to talk there. Ask nancy, we had quite a rousing learning session in the dead thread of 1772.

In post 415, Srceenplay wrote:@pine
-CogMachine catchup post shouts newTown. TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny). I'd object to the srceenplay SR, but the guy has less content than I do and he's actually been posting consistently. Pressure is good.

Why didn't you vote me if pressure is good?
I mean I voted you and didn't even get a response from. First you ignore the game and now me!?

Couple of things.

-First, pressure IS good. Lynching scum is better. Hence my vote on Noodle.
-Second, it is my personal policy not to get too hot and bothered about votes on me. When I'm Town, it just tends to distract from scumhunting, and when I'm scum it helps me pretend I'm Town concerned about being distracted from scumhunting. Unless I'm about to be lynched, it just doesn't benefit me much to worry about it.
-Third, I haven't been ignoring you. I talked quite a bit about you in my wallpost. If you have a question, I'll answer it. If you just want me to acknowledge your vote, consider it done. I'm getting back to scumhunting now, mmkay?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games