Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I scum read cmm a bit. kop was scum with me in a micro that just ended (oddrole) and he played fine up until d3 when he got called out and didn't even bother defending himself. so, no pressure was directed at that as a little passing jibe.

it could be scum. id lynch CD and superhans first but he's probably my third
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Hey all, just a reminder that I'm V/LA on weekends. Will be back on Monday.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by implosion »

i'll say some more about iaws (and continue trying to re-evaluate him which i'm sort of having difficulty doing?) later today but am lazy at this moment
my gut wants to call horrordude scum for no particular reason!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Prodge. Sorry, guys
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Prodges shouldn't count as a post
Im a dog that quacks
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Still go superh.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by implosion »

ironically i started looking at iaws more and a certain part of his post jumped out at me as the part that i viscerally gut townread, and then i looked at drk's post and it's the specific part that she called out as scummy.

It's certainly odd to ask someone else to make a case on someone to justify your continued voting of them; i think if he's town it's sort of his acknowledging his own cognitive dissonance on the matter, and when i read those sentences they just don't sound like something that make sense for scum to type out, look at, say "huh, this sounds like a good idea to say" and then click the submit button. Which is an awful argument in general, but is also bad because i don't know anything of iaws's play and they're new on the site.

This doesn't stop me from still having a visceral reaction to it of "scum wouldn't say this", though.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:57 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

words
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Shaziro »

havingfitz has been prodded.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:10 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 608, implosion wrote:ironically i started looking at iaws more and a certain part of his post jumped out at me as the part that i viscerally gut townread, and then i looked at drk's post and it's the specific part that she called out as scummy.

It's certainly odd to ask someone else to make a case on someone to justify your continued voting of them; i think if he's town it's sort of his acknowledging his own cognitive dissonance on the matter, and when i read those sentences they just don't sound like something that make sense for scum to type out, look at, say "huh, this sounds like a good idea to say" and then click the submit button. Which is an awful argument in general, but is also bad because i don't know anything of iaws's play and they're new on the site.

This doesn't stop me from still having a visceral reaction to it of "scum wouldn't say this", though.
From a gut feeling-ish point of view, the closest I can remember to feeling something that would make the IAWS post make sense was as scum in my first game on site. I was a bit frustrated and bitter and felt like we'd done so well to get votes on someone and here it was falling apart because of a claim. When people started to unvote, I was just quietly thinking
but you just thought this guy was scum, do you really have to unvote?
I certainly didn't say what IAWS said, but I think I can maybe see how someone in that same situation who thinks a bit differently than I do might wind up doing so. Like, don't get me wrong, if I were to list off things scum might say in that scenario, IAWS's post would probably not make a top 5 list or anything, but it also would very definitely not make a top 5 list of things town would say. I have to run so I don't have time to say much more about this, but I would really like to use the term
Bayes' Theorem
so I'm gonna do that okay bye
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Kop »

Sorry it's been some time since replacing in, and not posting. Not fully up to date just now, but from what I've seen, this is pinging my attention right now.

VOTE: IalwaysWinSometimes

I don't like his idea of wanting to direct Wheme on where to go, I can understand the logic behind it all, but it creates far too much WIFOM and it could create a lot more problems by doing so. It also strikes me as trying far too hard to be pro town and wanting to look good in the process, like he's actively looking for scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Kop »

In post 585, horrordude0215 wrote:If you direct the fruit vendor shot, it can become an obvious NK chance for scum if Wheme is town which just leads to WIFOM galore. Comprehension is cool.
This is a good point towards the whole directing topic.

Wheme should make the choice as to where he sends it, and his alone. Any directing puts us in WIFOM territory, and only scum from my experience will want it directing. And this is based on a town fruit vendor, this isn't taken in any account of the scum versions.

Right now, fruit vendor claim shouldn't be any priority right now. Only comes priority when numbers have died down, and he's still alive, scum don't want any confirms when numbers are getting smaller.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
IAlwaysWinSometimes
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:20 am

Post by IAlwaysWinSometimes »

In post 611, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 608, implosion wrote:ironically i started looking at iaws more and a certain part of his post jumped out at me as the part that i viscerally gut townread, and then i looked at drk's post and it's the specific part that she called out as scummy.

From a gut feeling-ish point of view, the closest I can remember to feeling something that would make the IAWS post make sense was as scum in my first game on site. I was a bit frustrated and bitter and felt like we'd done so well to get votes on someone and here it was falling apart because of a claim. When people started to unvote, I was just quietly thinking
but you just thought this guy was scum, do you really have to unvote?
I certainly didn't say what IAWS said, but I think I can maybe see how someone in that same situation who thinks a bit differently than I do might wind up doing so. Like, don't get me wrong, if I were to list off things scum might say in that scenario, IAWS's post would probably not make a top 5 list or anything, but it also would very definitely not make a top 5 list of things town would say. I have to run so I don't have time to say much more about this, but I would really like to use the term
Bayes' Theorem
so I'm gonna do that okay bye
This is acting like I'm completely new to mafia, which I'm not, though in your defense you didn't know that. I've been playing mafia on other websites for like 5 years now and I do know what I'm doing (I might suck though). So no, this wasn't me being scum and a newbie.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 612, Kop wrote:Sorry it's been some time since replacing in, and not posting. Not fully up to date just now, but from what I've seen, this is pinging my attention right now.

I don't like his idea of wanting to direct Wheme on where to go, I can understand the logic behind it all, but it creates far too much WIFOM and it could create a lot more problems by doing so. It also strikes me as trying far too hard to be pro town and wanting to look good in the process, like he's actively looking for scum.
I approve this message.
IAlwaysWinSometimes
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 am

In post 612, Kop wrote:Sorry it's been some time since replacing in, and not posting. Not fully up to date just now, but from what I've seen, this is pinging my attention right now.

This is pretty stupid. First you say you can understand the logic behind it, but then you say it's scummy. Furthermore, the job of the town
is
to actively look for scum, which you seem to have forgotten in your vote based on a single post that you literally said you "can understand the logic behind it all".
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Kop »

I can see your logic but it's not a logic I'd use as town. Only scum want things directing as they don't want town confirms. By directing it they can passively control any possible outcomes.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by implosion »

Deadline's looming and I like this more than cooldog.

I also don't actually have any solid scumreads yet which is unfortunate. just vague suspicion in several directions. Alas.

Unvote

VOTE: IAlwaysWinSometimes
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

what causes you to find iaws more scummy than cd?
IAlwaysWinSometimes
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:05 pm

The wagon on me is highly suspect because not only am I a very easy wagon to hop on, but people have given me either no reason for their vote or found one BS quote to justify it. I can accept voting by gut - I did it already this game - but can you at least articulate what about my posts unsettles you before you just vote me off?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

You have gave nothing good in any of your posts besides your bad reason on voting me
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

What have you done this game besides talk about me? The person easy to lynch. And then call yourself an easy wagon to hop on. When mine was FAR easier for people to hop on
Im a dog that quacks
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

iaws vote made more sense than most
IAlwaysWinSometimes
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
IAlwaysWinSometimes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm willing to claim if it means proving myself to be town, but I don't know if I should.. advice?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”