Happy (?) April Fools

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #102 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 62, hiplop wrote:
In post 60, Davsto wrote:Really? Even the screenshot of the Facebook conversation where it looked like very personal arguments were being thrown between Reck and Pie?
yea, that was pretty hilarious.

Being offended doesn't mean you're right, etc.
It being funny to you also doesn't mean that it was right. I think the way you approached davsto here is probably the worst thing that's come of this whole experience. And just to get my personal opinion out there to help qualify my response to you, I didn't find it funny and thought it was slightly problematic but not enough to make a stink over.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:00 am

Post by chamber »

In post 112, zoraster wrote:People delving into the bans and the ban discussion are exactly the people who generally have an understanding of that.

Anyway, April fools won't always be funny to everyone. If it's not your cup of tea this year, then shrug it off and wait for next. Or hunker down and ignore everything for 1/365th of the year.
I thought I was done with this thread but this shows that you really missed the reason behind upset feelings. It's not whether it was funny or not. I'd wager that every april fools joke has been unfunny to most people, we haven't had strong ones historically. So why is there more negative feedback for this one? I can't know for sure, but I can give a theory, you made people the didn't get that is was a lie angry. Haha? Where is the joke? Most april fools attempts will go in the other direction "Here is this good thing, oh wait trololol". I think there is a reason for that.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #118 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:32 am

Post by chamber »

In post 114, Nexus wrote:to be fair chamber you look for any opportunity to shit on the administration so
I don't think that's true. I can think of instances where I've explicitly defended choices that the staff has made. I do think I'm more often critical than supportive, but a good deal of that is likely just that good decisions can more easily go unnoticed.

With that said I'm not really interested in arguing that point. I don't even think this issue is all that important as I've said before, and when I thought this was it, I was just going to let it go. Zoraster's post that I responded to seemed to imply that he missed the issues I saw with it though, so I pointed them out in hopes of having this not be repeated. I don't think you guys went into this with malice. I don't even think it was particularly incompetent. It could even be argued that the april fools joke I pulled when I was red is similar in nature, and from the inside I didn't see it's flaws. But I would like for it to not happen again.

Return to “News”