[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:47 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 461, StealthyNoodle wrote:the fact that he makes a post(222), doesn't get a response within the next 3 hours, and proceeds to this:
In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?
makes me believe he's pushing the game state and want feedback for his ideas/statements. As scum, he would probably gain more from just waiting instead? And it wouldn't look suspicious either.
@CogMachine Are you copycatting WhyMafia, to make me believe you're townie as well?
In post 470, CogMachine wrote:I'm bored.

People should post so we can get to lynching mafia.
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:56 am

Post by CogMachine »

In post 475, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 461, StealthyNoodle wrote:the fact that he makes a post(222), doesn't get a response within the next 3 hours, and proceeds to this:
Anyone alive?
makes me believe he's pushing the game state and want feedback for his ideas/statements. As scum, he would probably gain more from just waiting instead? And it wouldn't look suspicious either.
@CogMachine Are you copycatting WhyMafia, to make me believe you're townie as well?

I have another few hours sitting at a starbucks. So no. I am legitimately bored.

I didn't realize whymafia had done something like that, and I don't think its indicative of alignment one way or another. Mafia get bored too I'm sure.

I'm more interested in what you think about my comments on Loopdan tbh. Or just your read on him.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Cog -- It's been a busy weekend. In general I'm confused why the other two most experienced players in the game are reading Noodle and Tes completely opposite from how I read them. I think both noodle and tes are conveying townie thought processes, yet both nancy and pine have made remarks about how bad it is that I read them both as town. I don't know if that means my reads are off, their reads are off, if one of them is scum and the other's reads are off, or if they are both scum. I'm usually pretty good at finding town, so this is sticking out to me.

I'll catch up on everything and post some more thoughts later.
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:58 am

Post by CogMachine »

In post 477, Loopdan wrote: I'll catch up on everything and post some more thoughts later.
Cool. I'll be waiting with bated breath.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:14 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 476, CogMachine wrote:
Anyone alive?

I have another few hours sitting at a starbucks. So no. I am legitimately bored.

I didn't realize whymafia had done something like that, and I don't think its indicative of alignment one way or another. Mafia get bored too I'm sure.

I'm more interested in what you think about my comments on Loopdan tbh. Or just your read on him.
So you weren't reading the thread? Stealthy had just noticed that on the same page, yet to fail to see it? FoS (I think I used it right)
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:21 am

Post by CogMachine »

In post 479, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 476, CogMachine wrote:
Anyone alive?

So you weren't reading the thread? Stealthy had just noticed that on the same page, yet to fail to see it? FoS (I think I used it right)
I had just read like 5+ threads worth of Loopdan posts. So no, the fact that someone had commented on a minor non-alignment indicative thing wasn't at the forefront of my mind.

Do you want to comment on my loopdan post? Do you think Loopdan's play is different from his play in other games based on the evidence I provided?
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:28 am

Post by CogMachine »

Also my exile at starbucks is coming to a close, so my replies will slow down.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 476, CogMachine wrote:I have another few hours sitting at a starbucks. So no. I am legitimately bored.
Guess I'm over-suspicious.
In post 476, CogMachine wrote:I'm more interested in what you think about my comments on Loopdan tbh. Or just your read on him.
Regarding your Loopdan, it's fine research. I agree he's more silent here than in previous games, though I don't think it's a good enough reason to consider him scummy. Might come in handy later on though.

To compare:
Newbie 1739(VT)- 52 of the 382 first posts were his (counting from post 150, when he replaced)
Newbie 1746(VT) - 49 of the 382 first posts were his.
Newbie 1767(BP) - 46 of the 382 first posts were his.
This game - 24 of the 382 first posts were his.

Content-wise, I didn't really bother to check.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^and knowing myself, I'm pretty sure I'll slow down in later games as well.
[For whoever's digging up this thread in later games. See this?? Your argument is invalid!]
(gotta secure my future wins, eh)
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 477, Loopdan wrote:I don't know if that means my reads are off, their reads are off, if one of them is scum and the other's reads are off, or if they are both scum.
In post 75, nancy wrote:That game is actually where Pine taught me not to tunnel. Very quality lesson that I suggest everyone heed.
Concidering they have some sort of senpai-kohai relationship, I find it likely that they support each other's theories no matter the reason.

Pine and nancy, obviously
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Code red - we have a weaboo alert
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

At your service
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Reasons I'm wary of nancy:
1. Her refusal to claim and the continual arguments over the strategy
2. Making a huge deal about being all about teaching newbies over wincon
3. For arguing pretty much exactly what scum in my last Newbie argued when opposing the BP claim strat day1.
4. For the VT claim out of nowhere that is in no way pro-town (the post does look like legit frustration, but that doesn't mean it's town frustration)
5. On the other hand looks like fake frustration

On the other hand:
1. nancy's answer to me in looks town. Like if she is scum that is seriously good buddying. I disagree with the rest of 385 where she tries to explain why she was "obviously" VT, but I can see the reasoning possibly coming from town.
2. I don't agree with , but that looks like town.
3. When she's not arguing about the claiming strat, there is some hunting and evidence of an uninformed mindset (ex:, , )

@Nancy-- I really want a more in-depth read from you on Pine. I don't have much insight on his alignment. And you had an early TR on him, which you've only explained as...
In post 240, nancy wrote:
In post 206, WhyMafia wrote:Why are you so sure pine is town? He made only a few posts and they were simply to defend you. I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning
Pine and I are friends, and I like to think I can get a pretty good read on him early on. Combination of gut and recognizing patterns.
What patterns?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Loopdan »

I would warn against using meta (unless it's meta where you were in the game), but since some of you stalkers like digging into my past, here's a list:

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 482, StealthyNoodle wrote:Regarding your Loopdan, it's fine research. I agree he's more silent here than in previous games, though I don't think it's a good enough reason to consider him scummy. Might come in handy later on though.

To compare:
Newbie 1739(VT)- 52 of the 382 first posts were his (counting from post 150, when he replaced)
Why did you choose these three games to compare?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 487, Loopdan wrote:@Nancy-- I really want a more in-depth read from you on Pine.
Seconded. And I agree with your townreads; her posts are convincing.
In post 489, Loopdan wrote: Why did you choose these three games to compare?
Those were the games CogMachine mentioned.
In post 488, Loopdan wrote:here's a list
Well then, welcome to the top of my readlist.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 474, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 471, TesXX wrote:My vote is on Srceen until he gives a good explanation as to why he contradicted himself.
I don't feel as if I contradicted myself.
I made a statement.
Was asked about it.
Said I don't believe it.

I was fishing for responses.
I did not get any that warrented me to push on.
Makes sense, although for future reference that could backfire. UNVOTE: Srceenplay
In post 469, CogMachine wrote:In fact just for fun I was looking at your old games Loopdan. Just curious you know. Wanted to see if you were just shy or something. You don't strike me as shy though.

Where's the Loopdan from Newbie 1767 that so fearlessly pushed his targets. Who had strong scum accusations because he was town? Not really seeing you pushing lynches this game. Certainly not the level of scumhunting we saw in that game. But that's ok, you were BP that game! Lets look at a game where you aren't: Newbie 1746. Oh look, more strong opinions. Pushing. Not sitting on the BP claim train and doing little else.

Well, lets take a peek somewhere else. Looks like you're capable of long posts with opinions in them. And able to actually point at posts you find suspicious. In games where you're town that is.
What about the Loopdan from 1773 that was inactive for part of d1? He won in Lylo as town.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 490, StealthyNoodle wrote: Well then, welcome to the top of my readlist.
How come this puts him at the top of your realist? What's so alignment indicative about posting a list of games you've played?
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by CogMachine »

In post 488, Loopdan wrote:I would warn against using meta (unless it's meta where you were in the game), but since some of you stalkers like digging into my past, here's a list:

Thank you! And thanks for your bigger post. I'll dig into it tomorrow.
StealthyNoodle wrote:     
Loopdan wrote:
In post 482, StealthyNoodle wrote:Regarding your Loopdan, it's fine research. I agree he's more silent here than in previous games, though I don't think it's a good enough reason to consider him scummy. Might come in handy later on though.

To compare:
Why did you choose these three games to compare?
Honestly, because they were the first few that came up in the "your threads" thing. I just wanted a baseline.

@noodle and TesXX. My concern wasn't the number of posts. It was the quality of said posts. I believe a good player can say a lot with few posts. They don't even have to be long. Its all about the motivations that show up. Simply being able to point at posts you find scummy and explaining *why* those are posts that are scummy (or townie) gives insight into your thought process. Which is exactly what we want to be digging into.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 466, Srceenplay wrote:I don't remember if this was ever responded to but it's what bugged me. Bragging about being able to take someone down but not doing it.
I get that. And I can go back and make the post if you want, but I already kind of made the main point to him anyway, so it would only really be extrapolation on that.

In post 487, Loopdan wrote:5. On the other hand 316 looks like fake frustration
That was actually me at my sincerest. Re Pine, I'll talk about him some more at a later point, but I'd rather give the newbies time to engage with him / his content more and let him establish himself in thread first. Don't want to color people's perception of him any more than I already have.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 484, StealthyNoodle wrote:Image
^_^
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 484, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 477, Loopdan wrote:I don't know if that means my reads are off, their reads are off, if one of them is scum and the other's reads are off, or if they are both scum.
In post 75, nancy wrote:That game is actually where Pine taught me not to tunnel. Very quality lesson that I suggest everyone heed.
Concidering they have some sort of senpai-kohai relationship, I find it likely that they support each other's theories no matter the reason.

First of all, I am wildly in favor of that image for nancy and I.

Second, why the hell would our personal relationship mean we support one another regardless of logic? That's not how this game is played. With nine players and two scum, odds of one of the two of us being scum is somewhere north of 40% (don't quote me on that number, my memory of how combinations and/or permutations work is fuzzy). It doesn't make sense to implicitly trust one another. What DOES make a lot of sense is to leverage our knowledge of one another to quickly sort the other and proceed accordingly.

I'll make a more comprehensive Towncase on nancy and scumcase on Noodle in the morning. I've only slept like four hours in the last two days.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

April 3, 2017 - 10:10 AM (GMT)

Day 1

TesXX's eyes suddenly started gleaming with maniacal glee as he began to cackle and scribble
furiously on the black board.

TesXX:
I vote Srceenplay! Noose time, motherfucker!

Heads turned and surprised gasps were let out before the indignant Srceenplay started shouting
in response.

Srceenplay:
You what, mate? Can you even count to five?
TesXX:
(Still cackling) April Fools, nubs.

And he patted Srceenplay on the shoulder before wiping his vote away. The crowd collectively
sighed with exasperation and decided they'd be more mindful of the things they hear that day.

Srceenplay (L-3)
: CogMachine, WhyMafia
StealthyNoodle (L-3)
: Pine, nancy
nancy (L-3)
: StealthyNoodle, Srceenplay
Pine (L-4)
: Loopdan

Not voting:
Chronicle, TesXX

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 actions:

April 9, 2017 - 3:00 PM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-04-09 15:00:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

Vote Count 1.06
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Notice

nancy
will be V/LA for 3 days.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:28 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 497, MiniDeathStar wrote:Srceenplay: You what, mate? Can you even count to five?
TesXX: (Still cackling) April Fools, nubs.
Such wonderful flavoring.

Also,
Happy birthday MiniDeathStar!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”