[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #650  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:49 pm

In post 430, StealthyNoodle wrote:
Shredding Pine's Wallpost - Part 1
In post 387, Pine wrote:Page 1
[...]leads me to think nancy is Town. This isn't based on standard tactics or anything, it's largely based on my relationship with nancy. I have a sense that she tends to play a bit fast and loose when she's Town, especially in the early game. A first-post scumclaim-in-jest isn't something I see her doing as scum.[...]

So you've been witnessing her play as scum then? If so, could you share with us a game in which you were? If not, how can you be sure that she'd play much differently as scum?
(Is this unethical or too out-of-game to ask for btw?)

Pine wrote:-WhyMafia jumping on Chronicle for being vote 2 on Stealthy instead of LoopDan for being the third vote strikes me as odd and disingenuous, and if this weren't a Newbie game I'd be all over that. We'll see how it plays out.
-WhyMafia then jumping onto nancy looks like scum falling into her trap. Definitely putting a pin in that.

It's page one. They look like random votes to me. He could just as well have joined the bandwagon and vote me.

Pine wrote:Page 3
-Pine enters, nancy interaction is pretty obvTown.

I still don't get why you feel that anything obvious, based on this short interaction.
She should be perfectly fine tricking you, taking advantage of you knowing each other. The fact that you wish to ignore that fact is just weird.

Pine wrote:Page 4
-Stealthy's entrance looks like newScum. Praises TesXX and LoopDan for empty reasons

They're already more reasonable than yours, considering we're page 4.

Pine wrote:votes nancy as the most dynamic player present. Does not support BP-claiming strategy, agrees with nancy, but does it anyway? Then flips around and says she's not supporting a pro-Town agenda? Naaaahhh.

I explained why several times. Did you simply ignore those posts?

Pine wrote:Also as noted in Post 90, exaggerating charges against nancy.

I responded to you on that one as well:
In post 94, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 90, Pine wrote:Trumping up the charges against nancy and gross exaggeration are pretty classic scum tactics.

I have nothing to hide; my vote is solely based on supposed probability. If some other good theories come around, I'll surely listen.

What are your reasons for defending her on the other hand? Joking around with friends is something anyone could do; scum or not.

(though you might've gone offline at that point, as you never replied to my question)

Pine wrote:-WhyMafia continues to make moves that come off as opportunistic, specifically moving against LoopDan for a page 1 RVS vote. Hesitating a little on my scumread though, not sure even newScum would do this.

Contradicting yourself? You just accused WhyMafia's page 1 RVS vote for being suspicious, yourself. And this just seems like a basic push to me:
In post 83, WhyMafia wrote:Yea he's viable to look into.
Loopdan, explain your vote
VOTE: Loopdan

Gah, this takes so much time. I'll continue after I come home tonight(or in the morning). I'm glad Pine's back, despite our disagreement.

I never got any response on this. Not sure if people just ignored it, but here starts my case on Pine.
For a Town IC, I don't like Pine's Wallpost at all. His arguments are simple and pretty pointless, a bunch of them are just rephrasings of other players' posts.

*Edit: Not sure what happened, but THIS is the correct post. Ignore the previous one.

TesXX
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:24 pm

In post 645, CogMachine wrote:I'd call your refusal to engage based on my lack claim quite dodgy!

It wasn't a refusal to engage, because I knew you'd claim after I said that. I'm suspecting nancy and WhyMafia as of right now.
So now there's three roles that can counterclaim CogMachine: Cop, Tracker, and Jailkeeper(if you counterclaim don't say which role you are, just say you counterclaim CM). Also, I did suspect that Cog was the tracker because of him not claiming.
I'm not counterclaiming Cog btw

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #652  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:34 pm

In post 644, StealthyNoodle wrote:Well, this pretty much sums up what I hate about putting effort into this; you're simply ignoring everything relevant I've posted so far. Pretending you don't know why I was scumreading you. Why do you even bother?

You misunderstood my post. I have no idea how you've managed to get a scumread out of my content. I know why you've /said/ you've gotten a scumread out of it. It just makes no sense.

In post 649, Srceenplay wrote:Do you need something else?

Elaboration and reasoning would be helpful :P
Being scum is absolute freedom ~ Nacho

:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:37 pm

So needy.
I still want to vote WhyMafia. It just feels to good to be true. I wanted to go somewhere that's not expected.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #654  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:40 pm

In post 387, Pine wrote:Page 1
-Post 17 (and subsequent posts) leads me to think nancy is Town.
Page 2
-Not much to observe here, nancy continues to come off as Town.
Page 3
-Pine enters, nancy interaction is pretty obvTown.
Page 4
-Stealthy's entrance looks like newScum [...] votes nancy as the most dynamic player present. [...] exaggerating charges against nancy.
Page 5
-A little concerned about LoopDan's push against non-claimers in the BP strategy. [...] Also not a fan of his dig at nancy about her statement about teaching>wincon[...] As a player new to SE-status, nancy is allowed to be wrong about meta.
Page 6
[...]TRs (Town reads) include nancy and Chronicle.
Page 11
-Noodle attacks on nancy continue to be trying to make something out of nothing.
-Tentatively agreeing with nancy 314, LoopDan looks like stubborn Town SE sticking to bad reads.

Pretty much brushes away every argument towards nancy as useless. Puts up an effort to make me look more scum with useless arguments. Might be tunneling, but concidering Pine's an IC with 11k+ posts and likely a lot of games behind him, I'd doubt it. Also, his reasoning should be way better than this! An experienced town player would at least take others' opinions and reads into consideration - Pine simply doesn't. He just brushes them away as "obvious" scumreads.

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:42 pm

hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #656  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:42 pm

In post 652, nancy wrote:
In post 644, StealthyNoodle wrote:Well, this pretty much sums up what I hate about putting effort into this; you're simply ignoring everything relevant I've posted so far. Pretending you don't know why I was scumreading you. Why do you even bother?

It just makes no sense.

Fine. Then why do you bother to defend yourself? Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I'll sheep.

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

In post 656, StealthyNoodle wrote:Fine. Then why do you bother to defend yourself? Rhetorical question, don't answer.

I mean, I actually kinda haven't bothered?

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #659  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

In post 387, Pine wrote:Taking down a Town IC and dynamic SE would virtually guarantee a scum win.
Not sure why this is mentioned by an IC at all. It's a bad argument to avoid getting lynched, and shouldn't be used if one were an experienced town-player.

I'd also like to think that Pine would've had more insight as an IC, than to tunnel me from beginning till end. Not once did he see any of my posts as slightly townish, and avoided mentioning the posts that weren't scummy enough. As town, I'm pretty sure he'd be more open to more views.

Now, can we vote Pine?

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #660  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

In post 658, nancy wrote:I mean, I actually kinda haven't bothered?

ok

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 pm

In post 659, StealthyNoodle wrote:Now, can we vote Pine?

Need to Loopdan to come in and respond to the claim and this wagon first.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm here. Why do you need me to respond to the claim? We have a confirmed doc-tracker setup (unless there's a CC) and now we play follow the tracker.

I'll vote Why, Pine, or Nancy.

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #663  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm

^Superb. Pine or Nancy here

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Cool. Come bus then, Loopdan.

VOTE: Pine

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

VOTE: nancy

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Much to think, I have

Analyze, I must

Pivotal point, we have reached

Time, do not, have I

Post, tomorrow, I will

Goodbye for now, this is

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:50 pm

In post 665, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: nancy

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 pm

In post 662, Loopdan wrote:I'm here. Why do you need me to respond to the claim? We have a confirmed doc-tracker setup (unless there's a CC) and now we play follow the tracker.

I'll vote Why, Pine, or Nancy.

In post 663, StealthyNoodle wrote:^Superb. Pine or Nancy here

In post 667, nancy wrote:
In post 665, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: nancy

Common vote.
We already agreed it's not cool to vote someone who's not here.

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:52 pm

There's actually a decent amount of sophisticated logic behind the vote. Not common at all. Besides which I only said that I didn't get why Noodle was so intent on pushing an empty slot, not that I agreed that it's not cool to vote an empty slot. What are your reads on Loopdan and Pine?

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Also do you like Noodle's scumcase on Pine?

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:27 am

Wait are you actually voting me just because Loopdan and Noodle both voiced support for a nancy wagon? Lmao.

StealthyNoodle
Goon

Post Post #672  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am

UNVOTE: pine
VOTE: nancy

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 am

In post 659, StealthyNoodle wrote:Now, can we vote Pine?

?

VOTE: Noodle

nancy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 am

(This is the part where you explain why you're abandoning your push on Pine so easily.)

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games