activity level is not a reliable scumtell

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Timing and tone are two tells people frequently get wrong which is why I seldom use them. I've pondered it and tested my ability to read based on it with completed games but I haven't been satisfied with my results.

I think people are too whimsical for it to be a tell in every game. There may be situations in specific games where a player's absence or effort is indicative.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Just as there are lurkshits there are also spamshits, which they do regardless of alignment. Most posts=town is simply wrong, unless that person is literally a god spewing good posts non stop. Most top-posters vomit unreadable posts that do nothing for the game state.

I was called a lurksack for
Darkest Dungeon
but pound for pound my posts were worth 3-5 times my count. People expressed an opinion I was obvscum after the game though I was never pushed. In a game on an alt of mine I cased every single player over 3(?) posts which was a novella in its own right. I was one of the least-contributors to that thread, but obvtowned hard off my effort and hanging an alt of someone in this thread day 1.

People will gravitate to extremes and it doesn't necessarily make it indicative. If there's content, you can read it, and that's what you should be basing votes on.
(This brings up another issue of players randomly null-reading others with a respectable number of posts.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”