[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 1058, nancy wrote:His reevaluation would only really have to happen in a significant sense wrt my slot because me being scum shouldn't affect other slots unless he was basing his reads heavily off associatives.

And alright, thanks very much for standing up to the inquisition. You're a hero regardless of alignment.
Hmmm, I'm not sure about Noodle specifically, but I feel reactions to your claim are pretty worthwhile for reevaluating reads.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Chronicle »

Src/Loop
Drixx/WM/Tess

Lynch preference from top to bottom, left to right are in no particular order.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1071, nancy wrote:
In post 1068, Srceenplay wrote:He has laid low and not said much. He gets Town points only for that.
That's worth Town points? So you were never townreading Tes?
No the town points was for pushing the pr strategy
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:43 am

Post by nancy »

I'm heading off to bed, so no time to ISO Noodle just yet. Essentially the only decent reason I can find to sort the slot as Town though is the way that he seemed to be salty at Pine for not finding anything townie in his content.

pedit were you ever townreading Tes though or was it just nulltown or?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:45 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1076, Chronicle wrote:Src/Loop
Drixx/WM/Tess

Lynch preference from top to bottom, left to right are in no particular order.
You want to lynch half the table =o
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Chronicle »

Well I'd prefer Src and Loop, but like I could compromise on the other 3 if there's anything compelling between now and deadline.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:50 am

Post by Chronicle »

I see some dislike for Drixx on the Pine slot, but I feel like that's a metaread so I can't really get behind it. On the other hand, I'd trust people who have played with another player more to read them better than I can.

I'm kinda undecided on my WM read. I feel ok about him now, but I didn't always so I'm just sitting on it.

Tess....I could actually move him up one level with Src/Loop
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:52 am

Post by nancy »

Hypothetically speaking Chronicle, if you were scum and you found yourself at the top of people's lynch lists, would you bus your partner in an attempt to salvage some Town cred?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 1082, nancy wrote:Hypothetically speaking Chronicle, if you were scum and you found yourself at the top of people's lynch lists, would you bus your partner in an attempt to salvage some Town cred?
Am I already postured to bus?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Chronicle »

I wouldn't bus even if I was in that situation though.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:05 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1074, nancy wrote:Loopdan edited 81, btw.
In post 527, Loopdan wrote:
MiniDeathStar:
Please don't respond to violating posts in the game thread. Report them directly to me!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1083, Chronicle wrote:Am I already postured to bus?
Hm?

@Noodle editing quotes when posting isn't rulebreaking. I'm queuing Void to follow the link to 81 and read the full post to understand the interaction fully.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:17 am

Post by nancy »

Goodnight Mini ♥
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 1086, nancy wrote:
In post 1083, Chronicle wrote:Am I already postured to bus?
Hm?
If I was already postured to bus my scumbuddy, and he was a potential lynch, then maybe. But pretty hard to say. I probably wouldn't though.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Chronicle »

I think I'll be around before deadline. I'll hold out my vote until then
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

VOTE: Drixx
L-1

@nancy-- Your unvote on Drixx makes no sense. You've been scum-reading Pine all game right? And Drixx has done nothing. Then you unvote because you don't like the wagon that has conftown on it?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1034, StealthyNoodle wrote:@chronicle even now, my gut is screaming that nancy's scum. I'm waiting for doc to claim before deadline.
Marking this post for later. Someone remind me to talk about it before EoD (but not now).
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 am

Post by Srceenplay »

See, Loop knows I'm confirmed.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1090, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Drixx
L-1

@nancy-- Your unvote on Drixx makes no sense.
I unvoted Drixx to give him a chance to defend himself before lynch. I suppose nancy did the same.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1018, nancy wrote:Fyi Drixx if you are Town I am not too impressed by this EoD from you.
Erm... sorry. I actually expected that I was roped already. It's passover and I told you my town reads and my scum reads, which is pretty solid as far as day one goes for me. If not for the claims (which is neither here nor there but something worth talking about after), I would have far less to leave as my legacy.

I'm actually kind of surprised. I checked in after I got done with my work for today because I didn't recall a PM about being dead and there was like 9 more pages, and somehow I went from L-1 to not going to be lynched back to I think about to be lynched again.

See my earlier post for my thoughts and reads when you see me bleed green. I'm sorry that I'm not better at day one than I am.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1090, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Drixx
L-1

@nancy-- Your unvote on Drixx makes no sense. You've been scum-reading Pine all game right? And Drixx has done nothing. Then you unvote because you don't like the wagon that has conftown on it?
It makes complete sense, actually, given that I've said I oppose his lynch. Know who else has done nothing? You. Your analysis of wagonomics is bad to the point of scummy. You trying to rush to Night, Loop?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1092, Srceenplay wrote:See, Loop knows I'm confirmed.
Could you please just answer me about whether or not you've been townreading Tes? You literally have zero reason to avoid this question.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:31 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1094, Drixx wrote:Erm... sorry. I actually expected that I was roped already. It's passover and I told you my town reads and my scum reads, which is pretty solid as far as day one goes for me. If not for the claims (which is neither here nor there but something worth talking about after), I would have far less to leave as my legacy.

I'm actually kind of surprised. I checked in after I got done with my work for today because I didn't recall a PM about being dead and there was like 9 more pages, and somehow I went from L-1 to not going to be lynched back to I think about to be lynched again.

See my earlier post for my thoughts and reads when you see me bleed green. I'm sorry that I'm not better at day one than I am.
At this point I'm not interested so much in hard reads from you as gamestate and ISO analysis.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1093, StealthyNoodle wrote:I unvoted Drixx to give him a chance to defend himself before lynch. I suppose nancy did the same.
I unvoted because the only resistance to his wagon has come very mildly from Chronicle and WM, because Town was refusing to engage with the gamestate, and because I have other reads I wanted, and still want, to pursue.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm caught up since where I last left off but reading is taking longer than expected so I'll just leave thoughts off the top of my head.

@nancy, Loopdan is actually one of my stronger townreads. Him saying that you should be replaced out may not have been particularly nice but wanting people to either play to win or replace out is something I can easily see coming from town. Personally, I'm more of a "play-to-win" type as well. I think the best way to teach newbies how to play is to give it your best shot at winning and not treating them with kid gloves. I would have supported the BP-claim strategy if I were in the game because I see it as optimal.

Him trying to get you and Pine to read each other also felt town motivated to me because observing how two people who are friends interact with each other is pretty good way to get reads. For example, when I was reading Pine's posts to you, it felt like he was going out of his way to appease you so I concluded that he was likely scum and you were likely town. I didn't agree with Loopdan's conclusion that you were both scum but I could see his "sorting you two through how you talk to each other" a good approach for him to take.

Will post more as I read through.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”