Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 64 - Vengeful Mafia - (Game Over!!) before 551

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

A Quiet Vengence

Somewhere in Alaska,
January 12, 20XX

It was a quiet night in northern Alaska, about the only place in America you could reasonably find a town with as few people as six. Of course, it was the dead of winter and with only one working generator left in the town, the whole town huddled into Mayor Gruden's small loft. Of course, this loft was nothing more than a couple of rooms and a large common area.

As the Mayor was in his study, the other townsfolk had huddled around fireplace, sipping hot chocolate. The all had odd names, but it had since become common place to not use your real name in this small town, so no one really took much noticed. Xtoxm, TheSweatpantsNinja, YvonneSeer, Lloyd, and TheStranger merrily spoke to each other about the complexities of small town life, and where they originally hailed from.

Eventually the jolly Mayor came back into the room and asked them each into his study one at a time, giving them each a small gift, before they all parted back to their rooms for the night.

During the night, the group was awoken by a loud pop that roared through the night. They all rushed to the Mayor's study, but they all arrived too late. Sitting in his chair was the mayor; his pistol still hanging loosely from his mouth.

Beside the body, on the late Mayor's desk lays a note to his final guests.
The Mayor's Final Note wrote:"Dear My Friends,

Please forgive me for what I have done and what I have begun with this night. By now, you will have all found me dead, but I am afraid this night is not over yet. If you all followed my instructions, you have all already put on the watches that I gave all of you as a gift.

I am afraid this gift is not from me, but from another who wishes you all harm. Each watch is loaded with a lethal dose of potassium chloride, and the watches cannot be removed unless one of two conditions are met.

The first condition is if the watch administers its dose of potassium chloride. Of course, this will also result in the death of the user.

The second condition is if you discover the killers among your group and kill them. If you completely eliminate the opposing group, your watch will disengage and you will be allowed to leave.

If you attempt to leave this house while still wearing the watch, you will be killed by the poison. Your only hope is to play this game and win.

Good Luck to all of you."
All Mod instructions and vote counts will be in Blue. Please do not use this color in the thread so it is easy to find my instructions and/or Vote Counts.

You can read more about the Vengeful Set-up here: Vengeful Wiki

Since this is an Open Game, these are the PMs that will be sent out. At this time, PMs have not been sent out nor have roles been randomized, so there is no possible way to read anything from who will receive which role.

Alive

TheSweatpantsNinja
YvonneSeer
Lloyd
TheStranger

Dead

Xtoxm
Lynched 2:20 PM February 13, 2008
Last edited by Kinetic on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Kinetic »

Rules (stolen from Open 7):

0. This is a game. Have fun. Don't let things get personal.
1. The game will start with Day. Mafia communication is allowed during the Pre-Game.
2. During Day, you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form Vote: Player or they may not be counted. It is helpful, but not necessary, to "Unvote" when switching your vote to a different player.
3. Whenever a player has reached a majority in votes, that player will be lynched and his role will be revealed.
4. If discussion lags, a deadline may be set. The deadline will be 72 hours, which may be extended an additional 72 hours if half the living players PM the Moderator requesting an extension.
5. Do not talk outside the thread. The Mafia is allowed to communicate during the Pre-Game only.
6. If you're dead, you're dead. Do not talk until the game is over; this includes talking to living players outside the thread.
7. Although there is technically no night phase, talking is forbidden once a lynch has been reached, until Day 2 is officially started.
8. If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM the Moderator.

Special Rules:
This is a game of Vengeful Mafia.

* The mafia can't kill at all. There is essentially no Night phase.
* If the godfather is lynched at any point, the town immediately wins. (This is the only special quality of the godfather.)
* If, on Day 1 only, one of the townies is lynched, this townie immediately gets to make a vigilante kill.
* The town does not automatically win by having the godfather vig killed in this way.
* Mafia wins when there are at least as many mafia as townies, and the town doesn't have a vig kill to use.

Roles:

1 Godfather will receive:
You are the Godfather with XXXXXXXX as your Goon. If you are
lynched
the mafia automatically lose and you kill your goon. If you are killed by a townie with a Death Wish Kill, the game will continue and the mafia will not automatically lose.

Unlike in normal games, you do not get to submit nightkills and you may only communicate with eachother during the pre-game. You win when you have eliminated the town, or when nothing can prevent this.
1 Goon will receive:
You are the Goon with XXXXXXXX as your Godfather. If the Godfather is
lynched
the mafia automatically lose and you be killed by the Godfather. If the Godfather is killed by a townie with a Death Wish Kill, the game will continue and the mafia will not automatically lose.

Unlike in normal games, you do not get to submit nightkills and you may only communicate with eachother during the pre-game. You win when you have eliminated the town, or when nothing can prevent this.
3 Townies will receive:
You are a Townie. You have no special abilities while alive.

If you are
lynched
on the first day, you may use the town's Death Wish Kill to kill one person still alive.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated or when the Mafia Godfather has been lynched.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

At this time Role PMs are being sent out. The Mafia may speak by PM until everyone confirms to me by PM.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Kinetic »

All Confirmations in. The mafia can no longer talk. Let the games begin.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

2 - Xtoxm (TheStranger, Xtoxm)

It is
votes to lynch.
No Deadline is currently imposed.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Kinetic »

All of the watches simultaneously start ringing. A highly distorted voice emits from the small speaker on the side in a rather loud voice:

"You must continue your discussion and make a decision! If I see another lull like this I'm going to set a countdown timer. And when that timer hits 0, someone will die. One way or another."
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

1 - Xtoxm (TheStranger)
1 - TheSweatpantsNinja (Xtoxm)
1 - The Stranger (TSPN)

It is
votes to lynch.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

2 - Lloyd (YvonneSeer, Xtoxm)
2 - Xtoxm (Lloyd, TheStranger)

Not Voting: TSPN

It is
votes to lynch.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

3 - Xtoxm (Lloyd, TheStranger, TSPN)

2 - Lloyd (YvonneSeer, Xtoxm)

It is
votes to lynch.

TSPN was left with a daunting choice. With everyone else already using their watch to vote, he had to make a decision.

"Ah, hell. I spent half an hour going back and forth and back and forth, but I'm going to," he let the last word hang in the air as he pressed the button on his watch, condemning Xtoxm.

"Ouch!" yelped Xtoxm. He looked at his wrist, where a small needle protruded from the watch and pricked him just below the wrist. Xtoxm frantically grasped at his wrist, trying to will the poison out.

But it was all too late.

Xtoxm screamed, mumbling unintelligible gibberish, as he curled up on the floor. The rest of the room spread out, not wanting to get near him. Finally, he stopped screaming and lay motionless on the floor.

Xtoxm's watch beeped a solid line, then fell off his wrist.

*Kzzt*
"Well done!" came a raspy voice simultaneously from every other watch. "You have successfully found one of the murderers! Too bad it was only the accomplice and not the actual murderer, or this game would be over already. O well... the game continues! After all, there is no REST for the WICKED!"
*Kzzt*

Xtoxm: Mafia Goon
Lynched 2:20 PM February 13, 2008.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

2 - TSPN (Lloyd, TheStranger)
1 - Lloyd (YvonneSeer)
1 - Yvonne (TSPN)

With 4 alive, it is
votes to lynch.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well, since a deadline won't do much in this game, and the rules don't give me much remedy to "entice" you to continue to debate, I've decided to institute a new rule.

If I deem that the players cannot make a decision, or that activity or debate has ground to a stand still, I will enact a deadline. A majority is still required for this lynch. If no lynch is decided by this point, then I will lock the day and give the scum a "Night-Kill". The scum, if they are attempting to use this rule to gain an unfair advantage, will be penalized and the Night-Kill will fail, although the person targeted will not be revealed.

This deadline will only happen if I feel the town is being lazy and refusing to join discussion.

At this time there is no deadline, there is only the threat that this may occur. If the deadline goes into place, you will have no greater than seven (7) days to make a decision. There will be no postponing this deadline.

Imagine this was all said in a sinister voice from your watches if you'd like to keep up the fluff :P.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Lloyd looks around the room, and seeing the writing on the wall, pushes the button on his own watch before anyone else could. He quietly walks to one of the chairs, sits down, and dies there in the seat. The watch beeps a long, high-pitched line, then falls form his wrist.

*Kzzt* Well Done. That was a little... anti-climatic, but I suppose Lloyd could no longer live with what he had done. However, it looks like there are some unintended consequences for some of you innocent people. Each and every one of you helped caused the death of another human being. I wonder... how long will it be before I find you again and this time you're the one being hunted... *Kzzt*

The watches all detach and fall to the ground. Everyone is free, but everyone is no longer the same person that entered this barren building.

Well, I was scared for Lloyd day 1. I really thought he was gonna die. Looks like Yvonne was right this time :p.

On the 'Night-Kill', I doubt I would have actually given the scum that kill. I wanted to increase discussion, and as you could see, a deadline was virtually useless. I thought I figured out a interesting way to spur discussion though.

Is there anything else anyone wants to add?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”