[SETUP] Hollywood Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[SETUP] Hollywood Mafia

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hollywood Mafia 13p

10v3
x4 celebrity
x6 VT

x1 mafia celebrity
x2 mafia goon

Celebrity:
Your celebrity status is confirmed at the start of the game
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Part of the game dichotomy is that there's a higher chance of scum in the VT claims than the known celebrities, and the trade off of hunting in celebrities is the conftown. While it seems swingy, it's my opinion that it is likely still scumsided.

I haven't modded this before, but I would like to.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3, Randomnamechange wrote:i feel like the optimum strategy is to ignore groups until one scum is lynched?
This is an interesting thought, but entertaining it from then on comes down to outguessing who the mafia would kill. At what point does the town get tempted to play the set up? Scum already dictate night, what if they drive day play? I think this kind of problem and how there's no clear strategy is what makes the set up valid. A procedural mafia game that has one route (like follow the cop games) are awful to play.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 5, Randomnamechange wrote:yeah fair enough. The variation in lynching/NKs is going to make it valid.
does this set up benefit town enough? 10v3 mountainous is scumsided right?
You're right by saying 10v3 mountainous is scumsided-it's very scumsided, and that was the point in this set up. I was trying to create a mountainous-esque game while providing the clears necessary to give town a chance, if they can do the leg work for it.

I think mathematically it's still more than fairly scumsided-but I feel like lynchpools and PoE are potentially damning to scum, math aside. The informed minority SHOULD be strong enough to outplay with favorable odds, and most cases favor scum by a margin. I would be interested in modding or playing in a 10v3 set up to see how the two groups would approach it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Thank you for the analysis. Will definitely point to that in Open Review when my current game (Open 685) ends. Of course, someone else is free to fast track it, just be sure to pre-in me :P

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”