Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Nancy
- Did the earth move for you, Nancy?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #101 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 90, Infinity 324 wrote:4 pages while I was asleep 0_0

I'm a miller
For reals?

Unvote
Vote: Dreal
- I have not been liking his posts.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #168 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Empking »

In post 145, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 128, The Wood Cutters wrote:Pine
Prism
ThinkMomo
PenguinPower
Börk Börk
Drealmerz7
Infinity 324
Almost Chara
Empking
Wraith
Tea and Biscuits
Nancy

As much fun as it is to vote Pine.
VOTE: nancy.
Realistically, this is where we should be.
Oh a list.
Here is another just as useful list.
Bread.
Milk.
Eggs.
Butter.
Cheese.
Tea.
Biscuits.
Crumpets.
Sausage.

Let's say Nancy stopped existing, whom is next on your scum list, and why?

Also, is Omgus always scummy, or is it just an attack to weaken someone's return vote on them?

What's your opinion on Dreal, whom is hovering uselessly in the middle of your list? Surely you must have an opinion, my partner was showing me their last game which they where and comparing similarities. And I have to agree they loom scummy from a Meta view.
But without me looking into it, my meta view would be biased. Yet I trust postie, and I believe they are right at this point.
Vote: Tea
- Hate this post.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Empking »

In post 169, Prism wrote:
In post 114, Prism wrote:I'll be honest in saying that I have no idea how to read drealm. I've gotten townreads on him before only to walk them back later but I have yet to see his scumgame. There are no glaringly obvious differences thus far between this game and camn's revenge where we were both town.
In post 155, The Wood Cutters wrote:As for dreal, Nacho says dreal looks on par to what we were playing with in Camn's Revenge and I trust him enough to have a better read on that slot than I do because of my tendency to scum read him for riding my ass in Camn's Revenge (love you tho).
I don't know if this is coincidental or if Nacho took inspiration but I'm amused.

P-Edit:
@Empking:
Feel free to explain why-I see nothing wrong with the latter paragraph and the former is just them not getting that the list is a town-scum list, evidenced by not knowing the question to who would be next on the scum list.
Why did he ask what Dreal was doing in the middle of the list?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #176 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Empking »

In post 174, Infinity 324 wrote:Empking, because maybe he thought dreal was prominent enough for everyone to have a read on (even though that's not true)
How is that relevant to his position in the list?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Empking »

In post 178, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 176, Empking wrote:
In post 174, Infinity 324 wrote:Empking, because maybe he thought dreal was prominent enough for everyone to have a read on (even though that's not true)
How is that relevant to his position in the list?
If mastin had a read on him, he probably wouldn't be in the middle :)
Which gets us back to Prism's first post.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #183 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Empking »

In post 182, Infinity 324 wrote:What does prism's post have to do with anything?
You responded to a question directed at Prism that was a response to Prism's post.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #187 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Empking »

In post 186, Almost Chara wrote:*Almost50 makes an entrance an the crowd goes crazy*
In post 8, Empking wrote:
Vote: Nancy
- Did the earth move for you, Nancy?
Is money too tight to mention for you, mate?

I mean, this should have merited a vote because you PM must be "Simply Red". :P
Laughter and applause.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #252 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 244, Infinity 324 wrote:@: I'm king Edward, I'm a Miller cause I was technically never crowned

But doesn't town RVS just as much as scum? So doesn't that make it not scummy by definition?

Don't want to go after dreal for now because I agree with him on things including the almost vote.

@ Meh. As long as I don't out specific reasons I don't see the problem.
King Edward the original? As I can't see why he would not have been crowned.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #284 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Empking »

In post 277, ThinkMomo wrote:
In post 275, Almost Chara wrote:Conclusion: More votes on us, please. It's your best option currently, unless you think you can lynch ACTUAL SCUM and with CONFIDENCE.
This a fake pile of shit.

AC is almost certainly scum. They are inviting votes so that people think they are town, not worried about losing the game if they are lynched.
This is completely true, and Think is completely town.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #382 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Empking »

Ooots?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #385 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Empking »

In post 384, Infinity 324 wrote:What do you think about almost's explanation
I don't really buy it. Its not impossble, but its stll aswful and the whole situation gives me a scum read on her.

Almost didn't 'Town Claim' -> 'lol I gambitted', she 'town claim' -> 'awful excuse involving role cops' -> 'lol, i gambited'. The town-gambit explanation looks more like an excuse - and if people didn't buy and still pushed it then she'd come up with another - for a scum gambit.

That paragraph probable come across as more certain than I really feel.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #453 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am

Post by Empking »

In post 443, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: empking

This game needs a better direction. Scum are probably either prism or mostly lurking.
Not having five posts every ten minutes doesn't a lurker make.

However, what makes you think that scum are not in any of the hydrae?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #676 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Empking »

So that was a lot of noise, with only Shephard changing his vote or posting or interacting with something that could cause his vote to change. Everything else was - pretty much - worthless spam. However, at least T&B is still the biggest wagon even if only on three votes.

Although, I think there is a psychological thing where all these spam posts reduce the pressure on scum since is increases the number of posts between votes and makes them feel safe.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #702 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Empking »

Is there any particular reason around the 'scum/town' thing to think that it was an eight? I mean, yes just because it can come from town doesn't mean it must be coming from town, but the counterpoint - and the one which seems more like it is being made - just because something can be done by scum doesn't mean that the null-tell was being done by scum here.

Honestly, I'm sort of playing DA since I hope that there is a good reason to think it is an eight, and it has just got lost somewhere.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #920 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 897, Almost Chara wrote:Drealmerz & RC are! I'm not sure about Thinkmomo, but I don't mind flipping them to find out.

I already presented my case on Dreal. RC though I'll call it a "sinking feeling" for now. The replace out at this precise time right after the Newbie game finished (where he was scum and I called him out but nobody listened) doesn't bode well with me.

Here's the link

Of course I could be wrong and imagining things, but that's how I view things right now anyway.

~A50
Why would he have had to wait for that to finish. He already knew his alignment before that point; unlike the other players.

I appreciate the points against Think, particularly Woodcutters(?) meta point, but post 277 is the towniest post in the game by far.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #954 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:25 am

Post by Empking »

In post 951, Almost Chara wrote:@Shepard (who is not the person everybody -including me- "know" they are): I often make some unsubstantiated assumptions, and one that I recently made is "if someone can type they can also read". Based on that assumption I believe you can reread my posts to find your answer. (Again, I'm assuming someone who could read once can read twice).
Commander, can you please just out yourself. KI really don't like feeling as if people are talking over my head. I promise not to hold it against you.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1027 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by Empking »

Yeah, I'm far from convinced that no cop means lynch Infinity. Even more so if it turns out that Ari crafted the set up (or seems like he did) with interesting roles coming from interesting characters. I can imagine designing a set up by going 'huh, he was never crowned that could make an interesting Miller' and then not changing it as the Cop gets thrown out or is never put in.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1036 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote
Vote: Almost
- Consollidating and for the vanilla claim, predominately.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1046 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1037, Almost Chara wrote:predominantly? so is there more?

are you telling me your biggest ping in this game is our VT claim?
what's your read on ThinkMomo, or Wraith? if you're interested to consolidate, who are your actual biggest scumreads?
~Not Chara
Thinking is a town read. Wraith seems like he's probably town.
T&B is my biggest.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1050 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1048, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1046, Empking wrote:
In post 1037, Almost Chara wrote:predominantly? so is there more?

are you telling me your biggest ping in this game is our VT claim?
what's your read on ThinkMomo, or Wraith? if you're interested to consolidate, who are your actual biggest scumreads?
~Not Chara
Thinking is a town read. Wraith seems like he's probably town.
T&B is my biggest.
You're biggest what?
Scum read.

TWC: It's down to 277. It matches so precisely what I was thinking that I don't think it could come from scum. Particularly, because that sort of thing - whether a scum or town gambit; and scum would know which - would have a much different internal reaction than town would; either glee or horror.

AC: just realised that I didn't answer all your questions. There's something I don't like about your posts in general, but the Vanilla claim and the things surrounding it are the only things that I can point to as concrete.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1059 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Empking »

I'm not a believer in cases. Never have been. Town discussing and migrating to a lynch is much more effective at hitting scum than simply producing a Schelling point around one particular player.

I think thinking Think flaked because Momo flaked flaked because Think flaked because he doesn't like being scum is a stretch. It's also claiming something pretty ugly about the two heads so I hope it is not true.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1074 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Empking »

Far side: T&B and Almost,
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1106 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Mod: I changed my vote in 1036

Far side: You, Nancy, Cloud, Prism (I would have a bit of a town-read here, but I think he's a smart enough guy to be faking it).
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1182 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1165, Infinity 324 wrote:Last game I played with town!TB in a hydra he literally didn't post.
Link? Or name of the game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1291 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1285, The Wood Cutters wrote:Empking:

While I don't at all disagree with Prism's 974 re: Empking, I do think that Sakura Wars is a bad example of his scumrange in general. Something that I like about his play this game is his lack of agenda; I think he probably has a tendency to tunnel as scum (in Sakura Wars he tunneled LUV, in the Mini Normal we played together he tunneled Joshz and TwoFace, and in Open 665 which I looked up to confirm my theory, he ended up tunneling Alisae. His play here feels more like he's trying to sort the game out as opposed to trying to catch someone on a gotcha point.

In addition to the two points that Prism brought up (that also seem pretty genuine to me), I also liked this post by Empking:
In post 676, Empking wrote:So that was a lot of noise, with only Shephard changing his vote or posting or interacting with something that could cause his vote to change. Everything else was - pretty much - worthless spam. However, at least T&B is still the biggest wagon even if only on three votes.

Although, I think there is a psychological thing where all these spam posts reduce the pressure on scum since is increases the number of posts between votes and makes them feel safe.
I do dislike the assertion that ThinkMomo is somehow lock-town from 277 as he says here, though; one good point shouldn't make a player a townread for the rest of the game.
It's not impossible that I would change my mind. If there's some voting, role, or associative tells that come up then I won't continue to stand with it, but at the moment he's my top town read. Which served me well by keeping me from going with the 'Think lurks as scum' push - I know Almost says and has given two other reasons - before the Rogue One counter-example.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1309 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1292, Infinity 324 wrote:Empking: I definitely think I could come up with the reasoning in if I was scum. Why do you think momo couldn't?
If you were told: Respond to this post. Then you could come up with that reasoning; sure. I think the alacrity, brevity, correctness, directness, and the emotion in getting that post - and only that post - shows that while he was reading the thread he was reading it with town eyes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1378 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1302, Wraith wrote:Gonna be honest, after the flurry of activity a couple days ago it really feels like the day is in the denouement stage and people on the fence are just trying to convince themselves which wagon to commit to as deadline approaches.
I wish it felt like the solo-voters were considering which wagon to join. Particularly with only two days left.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1436 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1405, The Wood Cutters wrote:@Prism - Why do you care about the people on both wagons?

@Empking - What do you think of my rebuttal to your 385 (quoted below)?
In post 1404, The Wood Cutters wrote:The argument that they only came up with the gambit excuse after they got attacked for the initial attack is weakened by Almost50's posts immediately after the claim (and the claim itself); notice how they specifically call us out when they claim (this is consistent with their claim that they were trying to read us). Posts that also bolster their claim can be found here (specifically asking for mastina to respond) and here (where he gets annoyed that he's not getting the chance to interact with us in the way that he wants).
@Farside - Could you post a more complete response about the catchup posts of mine that you thought were garbage and why you thought that my early case on Prism was scummy?

~~~Nacho!!!~~~
That AC wanted to deal with Mastina: Yes, very clear. That does not mean, however, that Mastina was not meant to convince everyone that's AC was an actual VT.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1454 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1448, CloudKicker wrote:We could test having fitz, but he could also be scum commuter 1-shot, scum commuter or other stuff that im probablly not thinking about. I dont think testing the commuter affix alone will give too much infos on his alignement
Plus we don't know if we have any killing roles so his survival would prove even less.

Having's claim strikes me as perfectly reasonable.

I'll move if I must closer to DL.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1481 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1456, The Wood Cutters wrote:@Empking:
In post 1436, Empking wrote:That AC wanted to deal with Mastina: Yes, very clear. That does not mean, however, that Mastina was not meant to convince everyone that's AC was an actual VT.
In post 1404, The Wood Cutters wrote:The only way it makes even a modicum of sense is if he's trying to hard buddy to our slot in order to fool us, but unless he's faking the whole "you're strong players and I can fool you" thing (in which case it wouldn't make sense to buddy us so hard), then making such a wacky maneuver seems like high risk for little reward. It's possible he's trying this as a gambit to look town in general, but unless his process was "do something convoluted as all hell and assume it makes me universally townread", I find that doubtful.
In other words, if mastina can actually read him, then making such an out there move is likely to draw her attention, and not all that likely to make her read him as town. If she can't, then all of the wheel spinning just to gain our confidence also seems like a huge waste of time; we'd be a good ally for scum to have, absolutely, but it doesn't make sense for *this* to be the way they go about it.
Does it make sense for *this* to be the way about finding your alignment? It make much more sense as a high-risk high-reward scumplay than a a high-risk barely-a-reward town play.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1801 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Empking »

I was just about to panic vote with two muntes left. You lot got a lot posted.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1823 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1820, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok it's late for me now but we have:

T&B lock town
Chara town because meta and no strong CW
Wraith town because no strong CW
I would say that Having - since he was lynched - was a pretty strong counter wagon.

Vote: Almost
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1852 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1828, Infinity 324 wrote:Mastina was barely even playing.

The CW to fitz was CK. Every other wagon had ample time to develop a CW but there wasn't one. You can't call a wagon that happened in the last few hours the counter to a wagon that lasted all day phase. That's not how it works.
You're contradicting yourself here.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1870 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1854, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1852, Empking wrote:

The CW to fitz was CK. Every other wagon had ample time to develop a CW but there wasn't one. You can't call a wagon that happened in the last few hours the counter to a wagon that lasted all day phase. That's not how it works.
Where
CK happened in the last few hours. Having lasted 'all day phase'. CK cannot be the counter wagon to Having. Yet that is your first sentence.

(I'm not trying to be pedantic, I genuinely don't understand what you're saying.)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1875 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:12 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1872, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1870, Empking wrote:
In post 1854, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1852, Empking wrote:

Where
CK happened in the last few hours. Having lasted 'all day phase'. CK cannot be the counter wagon to Having. Yet that is your first sentence.

(I'm not trying to be pedantic, I genuinely don't understand what you're saying.)
Well fitz was a town wagon. So obviously scum wouldn't have motivation to find a CW for that. It's possible that scum piled on fitz at the end to save CK (so fitz would be the CW to CK) but my main point is that fitz wasn't a counter to any other wagon.
Almost. Wrath.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1881 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:04 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1876, Infinity 324 wrote:That doesn't count cause it isn't a counterwagon that was close to lynch until deadline. If almost or wraith was scum, scum would've been scared of people consolidating almost or wraith and tried to run up one on the other wagons harder. Instead the wagons stalled, making it look to me like scum were happy with the gamestate.
Or they were already on Having and couldn't push it any harder.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1883 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1882, Infinity 324 wrote:So you're saying either both almost and wraith are scum? That's unlikely just by statistics. If not, they could've just pushed whichever of those 2 was town.
Pushing Wraith wouldn't have gotten them there any faster than pushing Having. Almost is scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1887 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1885, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1883, Empking wrote:
In post 1882, Infinity 324 wrote:So you're saying either both almost and wraith are scum? That's unlikely just by statistics. If not, they could've just pushed whichever of those 2 was town.
Pushing Wraith wouldn't have gotten them there any faster than pushing Having. Almost is scum.
If scum were pushing fitz and not wraith, that means there were more town votes on wraith than on fitz.

Why wouldn't scum just switch to wraith then? They could've used wraith's disengagement as an excuse.
U
Same thing the other way around.

If scum were pushing both, they could've consolidated and pushed a CW better that way.

There's no way that scum were unable to push a CW of any kind as long as town is voting town.
They did push a counter wagon. Having got lynched. Yes they could have goes with the two townies voting Wraith rather than the two townies voting Having, but why should they? Having got lynched. They succeeded.

They pushed a counter wagon. Almost is still alive.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2096 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1901, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1887, Empking wrote:Yes they could have goes with the two townies voting Wraith rather than the two townies voting Having, but why should they?
Yoho! Hello! Over here!!

You do realize that we were the first vote on fitz wagon and we pushed it the hardest. Yes? So scum joining the "two townies voting Having" doesn't exactly rhyme with "AC is still scum" by any extension.

~A50
You were not in danger if being lynched when you started to push that. If you're trying to argue "if we were scum then for self-preservation we would have gone with Wraith rather than starting a push on Think" then I don't think that's valid at all. If you're not then that only adds another reason why you'd continue on Having rather than switching to join the Wraith wagon.

Dreamers looking very town over the last few pages.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2097 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Empking »

1963 is atrocious though.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2142 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 2141, Commander Shepard wrote:No one going to weigh in on the question I asked?

What do you guys think of Drealmerz and infinity and why?
I like dreamers , although he has that dodgy post most his posting feels town. Infinity is scummy - his first push today was terrible - having said that, if Almost and Wraith turned out to be town then I would be confident of infinity's tow nines.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2146 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Empking »

I could also do T&B, but I think we'te the three players who would.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2350 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Empking »

So your read on Dreal's gone?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2369 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Empking »

There's no pressure on AC, so

Unvote
Vote: T&B
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2372 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by Empking »

That's L-1

Bad Infinity for not saying.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2690 (isolation #46) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by Empking »

Both Titus and Shep seemed to realise that Prism was the partner. There's no reason for scum-Titus to get it out explicitly, whereas town-Titus could have been thinking Prism or no one.

Personally I wouldn't have tried to get a Mason claim, but I would have run Drealmerz up either. Frankly, the people that run him up and we're just happy to have outed a power role are where I'd be looking at from that wagon.

I'm happy with my T&B vote, and if T&B is scum then I think his buddies will be quite heavily on the Titus wagon.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2694 (isolation #47) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2692, Infinity 324 wrote:Can you explain to me a particular reason why scum!titus wouldn't want to push for the second mason to out if she thinks it's standard practice?
That's what null-Titus would do. There's no reason why only scum-Titus would want to follow standard practice.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2696 (isolation #48) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2695, Infinity 324 wrote:I agree.

So why is titus town again?
Because most of us are? Because you and Almost both went together from forcing Drealmerz to claim to campaigning for Titus to be lynched, never once considering that Dreamerlz could have been lying about being a Mason. Wheras town would generally put somebody at L- days-in Day Two with at least some thinking that their taret might be scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2708 (isolation #49) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2704, shaddowez wrote:From the sounds of this post you think Infinity/Almost are scum, but you're still voting T&B. You actually moved off of AC (one of your scumreads) onto T&B because there was "no pressure", even though T&B only had one vote. Why not push for one of your scum reads?
T&B is one of my ascumreads. I don't usuay claim a scumteam, but Ifeel pretty confident that I;m right in this case.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2768 (isolation #50) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Empking »

Don't lynch Titus.

I'm King John - One-Shot Cop - following TWC's suspicions I investigated her slot last night. She's aligned with the monarchy.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2771 (isolation #51) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2770, Infinity 324 wrote:Why didn't you claim earlier?
Why would I have claimed earlier? I don't like having claimed now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2784 (isolation #52) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2773, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2768, Empking wrote:Don't lynch Titus.

I'm King John - One-Shot Cop - following TWC's suspicions I investigated her slot last night. She's aligned with the monarchy.
THAT -in itself- is a scum claim. King John was a traitor to his own brother King Richard and tried to topple him off the throne during the Crusades. Furthermore, he upset most nobles and he finally dies during a civil war that had started because of his policies.

The bolded below is from wikipedia. King John is a villain.

Ralph Turner describes as "distasteful, even dangerous personality traits", such as pettiness, spitefulness and cruelty. These negative qualities provided extensive material for fiction writers in the Victorian era, and John remains a recurring character within Western popular culture, primarily as a villain in films and stories depicting the Robin Hood legends.
(shrug) I didn't make the set up.

I can get behind lynching me first.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2787 (isolation #53) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2783, drealmerz7 wrote:why the fuck do you not lking have to claim it now, empking?

if you are 1-shot town cop, you are now vanilla and you would be saving another towny's life by claiming and giving us the valuable information before you die because:
I did claim.

if you were 1-shot town cop, you shouldn't have claimed your shots and let scum kill you tonight and saved me+prism without doubt
I'm not going to lie, and you wouldn't have let me get away with a vague limited-shot.

none of this makes sense other than a desperate attempt to save a more powerful team-mate

if titus were town, that would mean all scum are on her wagon because scum would have hammered with a free town-lynch without being suspect
Everyone saying 'Let's wait for Prism' and 'Watch out for a lol-hammer' are not actually the perfect places for scum to hammer.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2808 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2807, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 2803, Commander Shepard wrote: Titus flip >> Titus town anything >> Something is very wrong with this game Empking off limits while we review the whole game.
this is not right

shep keeps pinging me more and more

as it's already been covered that it could be empscum going for towncred on a towntitus flip, saying if titusflips townanything and empking is 'off limits' is really suspect to me
I think he just means no quicklynching me. After the review, then lynch me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2811 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:14 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2810, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 2787, Empking wrote:
In post 2783, drealmerz7 wrote:why the fuck do you not lking have to claim it now, empking?
no, you had said you didn't like having to make the claim "even now" when you made it

why didn't you like having tomake the claim? it makes no sense to me, if you've got 1 chance to clear someone, why the hesitance or dislike of it at all?

and why did you wait so long when, if titus is town like you claim to believe, scum could have potentially hammered at any point (or a townie for that matter, say prism came in and was liek 'yep kill titus time' and hammered and you hadn't outted your supposed result)
When you've played for almost 9 years, then you'll develop a distaste for unprompted claiming too is all I can say to that.

If scum 'lolhammered' then I'd be glad we caught scum. If town 'lolhammered' then I'd feel no guilt; you have to assume a modicum of competence from your teammates. "ay prism came in and was liek 'yep kill titus time' and hammered and you hadn't outted your supposed result" then I would have felt awful. However, that did not happen because I overcame my distaste and claimed before it did.

However, I don't see how you can possibly call my distaste unreasonable when it is obviouisly super-reasonablesince since by my unprompted claim I've allowed Infinity to line up two town lynches on the trot.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2835 (isolation #56) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2825, Wraith wrote:
In post 2824, drealmerz7 wrote:as in, as I already posed: would you find empking's claim more believable then? especially if you assume infinity's claim to be true?
No. The WIFOM-poisoned well problem still stands.

It's all tainted by the fact that a One-Shot Cop has absolutely no reason to withhold their result. That Empking did calls everything about his motives into question.
I would rather have acted like I did than like you did, to be quite blunt.

Drealmerz: I'm going to be really frustrated if Titus is a GF, but it is looking that way with her trying to shut down discussion.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2862 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Drealmerz: Not a chance we're dealing with four scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2863 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 2862, Empking wrote:Drealmerz: Not a chance we're dealing with four scum.
Not in a night full mini, unless it's multi ball. (Which orthodontic all to town power)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2910 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 2895, Infinity 324 wrote:Not everything revolves around you and your role. Just because you sent me a message doesn't mean I'm gonna go "wink wink i got a message from someone" in the thread. I made a note that you're probably town since fruit vendors are more likely town and since I already townread you. There's a reason I haven't really considered you a scumspect since then.

PEdit: It's a role that has no mechanical effects chara, so...
If it's making you town-read him then it obviously is a power, and needs to be taken into account. I get not wanting to out someone else's power role, but you volunteered a picture of the set up that you knew to be false. Only scum are in that habit.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2913 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 2911, Almost Chara wrote:if you get not wanting to out a power role and the discussion is on the setup then why wouldn't Infinity leave it out?
~Chara
The discussion was not on the set up. Infinity created the discussion and he did so in a way that he knew to be false. I don't think town would engage in a trick like that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2965 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Empking »

I think the conf-towns holding off their votes is sensible.

Vote: Infinity
- There's no reason for me to hold off my vote.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3024 (isolation #62) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Empking »

Mod: I voted in 2965
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3040 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Empking »

I don't think we have that much power. The roleblocker is not only limited but probably hurt us this game - I think Wraith was right in think that's how the kill got pass him - my role is decent but limited (and was made negative-utility by CK's most-prominent-lurker play, FV is pretty weak (although this one seems buffed a little), and Masons are like half a PR each. Doctor's fine but it struggles to complement the power that the rest of us have.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3065 (isolation #64) » Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3052, Almost Chara wrote:Like; the whole friggin' idea behind having lynched Titus over Empking was because I proposed Empking was trying to save SCUM!Titus for one more day. Titus DID flip Scum, and all of a sudden what Empking did became his alibi???
Which was obvously wrong. Since, Godfather is only super-powerful if I'm telling the truth about my role.
I will ask one more time: WHY would a ONE-SHOT COP hold his investigation result until his target is wagoned to L-1?? What's the town motive behind that?? Make it likely for the lynch to go anyway because nobody trusted him?? Waste the Town's time so they have to rush on another lynch w/o thinking it over?? Protecting himself when he is effectively a VT from then on?? GIVE ME A FRIGGIN' REASON.

~A50
Where to start here.
1. There was no need to 'rush on another lynch' we had loads of time after my claim.
2. Its not 'practically a VT' anymore than the Masons are, it gives informaton that the scum vould exploit.
3. There is information gained from the wagon on Titus and it wouldn't make sense to preempt that possbility.
4. If claimed immediately then Titus (if he hadn't been a GF) would have had a target on his back. I may have been practically a VT, but my result certainly wasn't. It'd make no more sense than Prism outting Drealmerz before Drealmerz was on L-1.
5. At the most charitale your chain of logic is that ione should claim immediately because nobody will beleive you if you claim when the target is l-1 because you should claim immediately. But that's obviously circular and a bad equillibrium.

Honestly, in hindsight, I should have claimed when Prism did, but 1) I was busy at the time 2) hindsight is 20-20 3) I don't think any of you armchairs would have either.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3072 (isolation #65) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3067, Almost Chara wrote:Now, IN THAT HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION: How would Scum!YOU know any better? I'm just asking.
I wouldn't. So I wouldn't claim Cop.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3180 (isolation #66) » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3130, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 3121, drealmerz7 wrote:1-shot cop in miller+godfather setup:

2 chances to get a real scum result
1 chance to get a fake scum result
1 chance to get a fake town result

that's 2 and 2 which makes 4 (yes, I double-checked)

4/13 chances to get an interesting result

9/13 chances to get a non-interesting result

that's a 4:9 ratio which makes it 44.44444444444444444444444444% chance vs. 55.5555555555555555555555555555% chance

seems to make total sense

and it'd also make sense, like I said, for him to claim 1-shot when not
In a game with 13 players, getting a single cop result with the caveat of "oh and btw it might be fake" makes your role essentially useless.

-- Postie
Not quite, but yeah my role (like a three-shot RB) is not super-powerful. However, since Miller is an auto-claim then I do not think it is that sensible to hold it against me. To be honest, my role might just be to counter 'Oh no Cop the miller must be lying go lynch him'.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3184 (isolation #67) » Thu May 04, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3181, Almost Chara wrote:Empking, can you just claim your other reports if you have them so i can stop scumreading you for your role making
no sense
, if you're town?
~Chara
One-Shot
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3199 (isolation #68) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Empking »

Prism was pushing for a Mass Claim. Almost may have already claimed, but his partner hadn't.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3214 (isolation #69) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Empking »

I kind of just want to vote Almost based on how awful his near constant "I totally wouldn't do that as scum. Trust me in that. Don't be an idiot." Is. However, I can't since he's my biggest scum read.
In post 3210, drealmerz7 wrote:votes on who you think is scummiest, folks
Are you serious/sure about that?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3222 (isolation #70) » Sat May 06, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3216, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 3214, Empking wrote:I can't since he's my biggest scum read.
I can't comprehend this
I can't votes on policry if the player who I would vote is

Vote: almost

the player I'm voting for being scummiest.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3224 (isolation #71) » Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3223, drealmerz7 wrote:I rephrased to 'who you think is most likely to be scum" - but, why can't you vote on policy?
It wasn't a serious point really, but to explain:

Imagine that you are in a desert. Dying of thirst. You also love Irn Bru. A spring suddenly appears - an Irn Bru sprint. You cannot drink from that spring because you like rn Bru. You can only drink from it because you are thirsty. That is the far more dominating motive.

But as I said, it is meant as more of a joke really.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3256 (isolation #72) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Empking »

Ha, I didn't even recognise Math as a bad player. I guess Pi may have tricked me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3428 (isolation #73) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3426, Almost Chara wrote:that's L-1 how about someone unvote and we hit T&B instead so we actually have a chance.
it's not like you think our partner could be anyone else.
~Chara
Isn't it a lynch?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3474 (isolation #74) » Wed May 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Empking »

I'm pretty sure Almost is bluffing. I'm not scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3609 (isolation #75) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 am

Post by Empking »

Did Tea ever claim?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”