[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3145  (isolation #200)  » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Alisae's play is not the play of town that wants to get his final reads out in the event he's lynched. This contrasts strongly with how WhyMafia and Srceenplay have played.

Alisae's primary motivation right now is to discredit my push by getting mad so hopefully people think "there's no way scum does that." He should be having more concrete reads at this point than "track Aristo."

Heading off to work. I'll be back in about 8 hours. Hoping to see an Alisae wagon going by then.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3148  (isolation #201)  » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 pm

I mean, he gets mad, he ATE's, he appeals to people, and he goes above and beyond to attack me when I'm confirmed town. All behaviors designed to get him townread which nancy and Aristo are doing.

What is missing are insightful reads and a genuine effort to solve the game which he hasn't done at any point.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3151  (isolation #202)  » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Honestly, it's weird as heck anyone would get pissed at me since I'm not an abrasive player in general. The only people who have been mad at me in mafia games are people that I've pushed the hell out of (i.e. called them scum). Alisae was mad even when I was calling him town.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3263  (isolation #203)  » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:48 am

Back from work ready to yell at each individual person to vote Alisae. Tell me there's already a wagon on him please while I catch up.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3264  (isolation #204)  » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 am

Okay, that was anti-climactic. Hopefully he's actually scum and not spiteful town trolling. Not ready to celebrate just yet. Everyone tell me who to track. I'll take everything into consideration when making my decision just in case Alisae decided to troll us for reactions.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291  (isolation #205)  » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 pm

YES! Wanted to be part of a perfect town win for a while now and I'm glad we didn't mislynch anyone. Good game town. I thought Loopdan played rather well as scum or at least he had me fooled for a while. I'm also glad we took our time to gamesolve on D2 and didn't get complacent. After seeing how often towns lose by quicklynching, I really wanted to take our time exploring all possibilities. @Alisae, I'll make sure to stay out of your games from this point on.

Thanks for modding MiniDeathStar. Great flavor and really responsive modding.

A couple of things: I do understand the concerns that the strategy of claiming BP is not an ideal introduction to mafia. But you can't play suboptimally because you want to make an unbalanced setup fairer. It goes against playing to win and the spirit of the game. The solution should always be to change the setup (which I think is being done so that's cool). Be very cautious in fake-claiming when you are town. What nancy did is one of the few acceptable ways to do it. In a hypothetical world where Alisae was town, swapping each others roles would have been a bad idea and really shouldn't be encouraged.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3336  (isolation #206)  » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, I hope you return to playing at some point nancy. Working with you was pretty cool. You were a catalyst to helping me reassess reads where I was wrong. It would be interesting to see whether we'd have been able to pull it off if we had to worry about reading each other as well. Both of us being conf-town minimized the effects of our reads clashing so hard at points.

I also think having two conf-town to rally around was pro-town on average and probably is a case for PRs/conf-town outing early being beneficial.

@StealthyNoodle, cheers! Looking forward to seeing you around in future games. Nice job nailing down the scum IC D1.

BlackVoid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3350  (isolation #207)  » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

In post 3343, nancy wrote:For newbies rolling PRs, I am convinced that it absolutely stunts their experience of playing Town. Learning how people read you and getting yourself to be read as Town is a super crucial skill to learn as a newbie and being conf!town from page 5 just completely shuts that down.

I suppose I could see that but in mafia, you always play the hand you are dealt and some townies being unlynchable is part of how games are balanced. Each new game, you get a different experience so I don't think being conf-town in a game is detrimental necessarily to learning to play. But I probably value read accuracy more than most and I think in all the emphasis about being convincing or town-looking, people don't place enough emphasis or try hard enough to be accurate. And that's something that's harder as conf-town since you have a larger pool of players to read.

@Alisae - we're cool.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games