Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1151 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Night
and
Day
Mafia
18 players, not-really-bastard-but-partially-deceptive
. (All given information will be 100% accurate, it's just that information won't be given as readily as usual.)
The Light, The Dark.
  • This game is explicitly a 14:4
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • There will be four phases for each game: Dawn, Day, Dusk/Twilight, and Night. Dawn and Dusk/Twilight will last only as long as necessary for all pertinent actions taking place at that time to be resolved. (Namely, player transfers.)
  • There will be a game thread open during the day and closed during other phases, just like any other mafia game. It is in this thread players will post and vote.
  • However
    , this game will be divided into two sides:
    Light
    and
    Dark
  • Each side will have a neighborhood in which all current members of the side may talk at all times.
  • The
    Dark
    side is Mountainous: any player who is in the dark side cannot use their role, even if they know what their role is.
  • The
    Light
    side is Role Madness: every player who is in the light side has a role which they may use for as long as they are on the light side.
  • Players who begin in the Dark will not be informed of what their role is. Instead, they will be informed of their alignment, and of their role
    type
    . (E.g. a Vigilante would be "Town Killing", a Cop would be "Town Investigative".)
  • Players who die in the Dark will not have their full role PM flip: they will have their alignment and role
    type
    flip. (E.g. a Vigilante would flip "Town Killing", a Cop would flip "Town Investigative".
  • Dynamics are determined not by starting position, but by
    current position
    . That means, a player who started as Light will, if Dark, not have their role work; that same player who started in Light will, if killed, have only their role type flip. Similarly, a player who started as Dark will, if killed in Light, have their
    full flip
  • Players
    only get one lynch per day
    , determined in the game thread. This is not two separate games.
    Both halves are either won or lost by all members
    . Similarly, the mafia only get
    one kill per night
    . Town wins when all four mafia are dead; mafia win when they hold majority. This, regardless of how many town/mafia are in light/dark.
  • Scum have the freedom to choose which side they kill from. I.e., if the town lynches from the Light, the mafia have the choice of killing nobody, killing from the Light, or killing from the Dark.
  • Obviously, it may arise where one side at the end of a day or night has notably more members than the other side. If one side has
    two members more
    , then the other side will cast a majority vote on which player they wish to steal. In the case of a tie, the side with more members will hold a vote between the tied members on who they will lose. If a tie still persists, the moderator will do a dice roll to determine the player sent over. If one side has
    four members more
    , then this same process is simply doubled with two players sent out to equalize.
  • If the sides are both equal in number, once per game cycle (i.e., once in D1/N1, once in D2/N2), the mafia may choose to switch any two players from opposing sides.
  • Each scum player, unlike the town players, knows what power they possess even if they start on the dark side.
    • The mafia, however, have received
      full safeclaims
      which exactly mirror a real town role PM.
  • In addition to possessing a personal power, each mafia player possesses a
    personal factional boon
    , an additional scum power they hold access to while in the Light.
  • Light/Dark distribution was entirely randomized. You might have four mafia start in Dark, four mafia start in Light, three in Dark/Light, or two in each.
  • Mafia may use ALL of their actions at once.

Game won't take me too long to get set up. I need someone to take a look at the balance (it IS a Role Madness game, after all--just with a twist), and I need to set up the standard modding stuff (things like my rules, opening post, and the exact format of all role PMs), but this will be a very short, sweet, simple game.

No flavor, just the Light/Dark mechanic outlined above.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1181 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by mastina »

Game is Ginngie approved apparently!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1183 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by mastina »

Ever thought that your game moderator was basically a player in the game?
Well now, that's actually true!

And guess what?

She hates your guts.

The Mod is
Mafia

Game Mechanics
:

I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF ALL
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    , your game moderator, am aligned with
    the
    Mafia
    as a fifth member. I have those four players' best interests at heart at all times.
  • Given this inherent premise, this game is bastard-as-
    hell
  • However, I am still your game moderator. I will guarantee you that all official moderator information will be guaranteed to be accurate (barring mod error of course). The opening post, rules, game mechanics, all votecounts, prods, replacements, flips, etc. will be handled as a moderator and not as a player and are thus immune to falsification.
  • I can vote like any player, but my vote is worth 0.
  • I can be voted, but I cannot be lynched; votes on me will do nothing and are equivalent to Not Voting.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of any player's role.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of the existence of any role.
  • As an extension, I cannot inform the mafia if a town player is fakeclaiming or realclaiming a role.
  • I cannot submit night actions for the scumteam.
  • However, I CAN be sent to do the nightkill if the scumteam so chooses to elect me to do so.
  • I am therefore a valid target of any night action myself.
  • Though I am incredibly limited in what I can/can't say, I am permitted to vaguely help the mafia in their planning.
  • I am able to post as a player.
  • I am able to abuse my moderator edit/delete powers to further the scum wincon of my own free will.
  • The mafia may ask me to edit or even delete any post. However, there are restrictions to this.
    1. I cannot manipulate official game content: votecounts, prods, flips, etc. are all guaranteed to be accurate.
    2. I cannot delete any post with a valid vote or a valid unvote.
    3. I cannot edit a valid vote or a valid unvote out of a post.
    4. If a vote or unvote is only invalid because of broken tags, I cannot edit/delete it because I am moderator-bound to fix the broken tag and thus it will become a valid vote/unvote and be subject to the above rules.
    5. The mafia cannot ask me to break tags in a post where tags were working, as I am moderator-bound to fix any broken tags.
    6. The mafia cannot ask me to delete essentially a whole gamedays' worth of posts.
    7. The mafia cannot ask me to delete a post made over three phases ago.
    8. The mafia cannot ask me to edit a post made over five phases ago.

18 Player Large Theme, coming as soon as Ginngie stops slacking off on the review. :P

NOTE:
I have two pre-ins for the game, Albert B. Rampage and Mathblade.
I realize this may kill your interest to play the game but I did promise them that they could play so I will honor that promise even if it limits those willing to play.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1231 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by mastina »

This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea, what the fuck am I doing this is a bad idea...

The Absolute Worst Game Ever Run

Wherein I deliberately be a shitty mod.

This will be a game where
  • The game will not be balanced, even remotely.
  • The OP will not be updated, at all.
  • I will not prod players.
  • I will not provide votecounts.
  • When a lynch is achieved I may or may not deliberately wait to post the flip.
  • When I do post the flip I will not format it.
  • There will be sloppy, sporadic answers to moderator questions.
  • Deadlines for days will be randomly set anywhere from 4-40 days long.
  • Lynches at deadline will be plurality.
  • Night deadlines will be arbitrary.
  • I will always be late opening the thread.
It is as shitty a game as you can get.

Coming to the mini theme queue some time, I guess.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1236 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Post by mastina »

SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Mini theme, coming after current game ends.
Game Mechanics
  • No posts over 500 words.
  • No triple-posting.
  • No more than 4 posts/page.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

• No more than 10 posts/24 hours.
  • See also: Setup; Rules; Infractions.
Setup
Rules
  • Follow explicit site rules.
  • Follow implicit game rules, e.g.
    <<< not faking mod content >>>
  • Bold or vote tag (un)votes. If I recognize a(n un)vote, it counts.
  • Night deadline's 48 hours on weekdays, 72 on weekends.
  • By default, no day deadline is featured. If half of players living (rounded down) request it, a
    one week deadline
    is implemented. Deadline uses
    Plurality Lynch rules
  • By default, no prods are given. Players may request prods on anyone not posting for 48 hours. Prodded players have 48 hours to return or face replacement.
  • By default, no votecounts (other than day-end) are given. When requested, a basic votecount will be given within 24 hours.
  • Though normally a strong pro-hydra proponent, this game won't allow them.
  • Ask questions! I answer.
  • See also: Infractions.
Infractions
  • Violators of a rule receive a warning. This lasts two weeks.
  • If a second identical infraction occurs within that timeframe, violator forfeits their vote for one week.
  • If a third identical infraction occurs while voteless, violator will be force-replaced.
  • Identical posts will be deleted, thus don't count towards post totals. Posts with broken tags will have their tags fixed, so don't repost something broken with a fixed tag; that
    does
    count towards post totals.
  • Attempts to abuse the system aren't tolerated; moderator discretion applies. I reserve the right to harsher or more lax punishment as I see fit.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1238 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1237, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1236, mastina wrote:SUCCINCT MAFIA
The Irony! I can taste it!!! :P
That was intended.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1247 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1242, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1236, mastina wrote:
SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Mini theme, coming after current game ends.
Game Mechanics
  • No posts over 500 words.
  • No triple-posting.
  • No more than 4 posts/page.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

• No more than 10 posts/24 hours.
  • See also: Setup; Rules; Infractions.
Setup
Rules
  • Follow explicit site rules.
  • Follow implicit game rules, e.g.
    <<< not faking mod content >>>
  • Bold or vote tag (un)votes. If I recognize a(n un)vote, it counts.
  • Night deadline's 48 hours on weekdays, 72 on weekends.
  • By default, no day deadline is featured. If half of players living (rounded down) request it, a
    one week deadline
    is implemented. Deadline uses
    Plurality Lynch rules
  • By default, no prods are given. Players may request prods on anyone not posting for 48 hours. Prodded players have 48 hours to return or face replacement.
  • By default, no votecounts (other than day-end) are given. When requested, a basic votecount will be given within 24 hours.
  • Though normally a strong pro-hydra proponent, this game won't allow them.
  • Ask questions! I answer.
  • See also: Infractions.
Infractions
  • Violators of a rule receive a warning. This lasts two weeks.
  • If a second identical infraction occurs within that timeframe, violator forfeits their vote for one week.
  • If a third identical infraction occurs while voteless, violator will be force-replaced.
  • Identical posts will be deleted, thus don't count towards post totals. Posts with broken tags will have their tags fixed, so don't repost something broken with a fixed tag; that
    does
    count towards post totals.
  • Attempts to abuse the system aren't tolerated; moderator discretion applies. I reserve the right to harsher or more lax punishment as I see fit.
How many words are in this post?
? 7.
? 283.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1251 (isolation #7) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by mastina »

At a town hall meeting, a group of individuals gathers to discuss affairs of a fine city. The meeting goes as such meetings typically go, with many ideas raised, much support behind these ideas, and yet conflicting opinions on how to go about implementing the idea, until ultimately some different topic takes priority, shifting discussion and tabling the prior matter until the next meeting.

Usually, as it happens, the only thing the townsfolk actually end up implementing is the last thing to be discussed, frequently something which wasn't even placed on the initial agenda. Quite often, as a result of an aired grievance, shared by a small vocal portion of the citizenry, a change is made abruptly which affects the whole community and not simply those in attendance.

Such bureaucracy doesn't tend to work well, but it is all they really seem to have and it's better than nothing. "It's not the best system in the world, it's just the
only
system in the world" is the common mindset to these proceedings, and as a whole, people tend to simply accept the results for what they are: imperfect, but leading to significant changes to the community that should theoretically be for the better.

"Now, I know we could use some renovation to the town square, but the gallows there are a city treasure! We simply can't replace them."

"But we don't even
use
them anymore. They're a relic of the past."

"Hmph. If I had
my
way, we'd still be using them! Why, so many of our issues would be solved if we could just get rid of the troublesome individuals in our community the old-fashioned way!"

"If you had
your
way, old geezer, those 'troublesome individuals' would be everyone except for you."

"That's beside the point."

"While I might not go to the extremes of ol' gramps here, I share his sentiment. It's undeniable we have our issues, here, and I think we all know what they are."

"Yeah!"

"We should rid our city of dirty cri--"

"Wolves!"

"...Uh, I was talking ab--"

"YEAH! WOLVES!"

"Why, just the other day, I was taking a walk during the night. I saw a wolf prancing about, and I was so startled that I fell on my back! I broke my tailbone from that fall! If it weren't for those damned wolves, I'd be fine!"

"Would you believe the nerve? I saw some wolf assaulting a group of punks! I swear those sweet innocent kids couldn't have done any harm with what I'm pretty sure were just some utility knives, yet that monster was clearly attacking them!"

"And wouldn't you know it? I saw a wolf holding an old lady as she was walking down a street! That was obviously harassment!"

"That's nothing. I was driving my car down Main Street, cruising at a fine 60 mph, and a wolf out of NOWHERE appeared in front of me! I swear it musta jumped out deliberately, to force me to swerve and wreck my car!"

"Isn't the speed limit on Main Street thirty?"

"What? Everyone does it."

"...No argument there."

"You think that's bad? Well, I tell ya. I had one of my chickens disappear overnight, with nothing but a blood stain remaining. And you know what I found? Tracks, tracks through the chicken coop door! There's no way that could have been anything other than a wolf murdering my poor chicken!"

"I think we can all agree then...
"It is time to...

Lynch the Wolves
."

"...Where do we begin?"

New Game
Lynch The Wolves

18 p Large Theme

Coming to you as soon as mastina finds a reviewer, has them pass the setup, and obtains a backup moderator.

NOTE:
Game was designed to be "Alisae-lite". As in, a game inspired by the aesthetic of an Alisae game. It is
not
role madness, but it is far, far, far, FAR from mountainous.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1277 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by mastina »

Ballroom
Blitz
:
Let's Dance
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • This game features no investigatives or protectives (other roles are fair game).
  • All game topics (except the gamethread) remain open at all times.
  • This game wasn't reviewed, and is undoubtedly theoretically scumsided.
  • This is a Blitz Game
    • Day Deadlines are
      4 days/96 hours
    • Night Deadlines are
      2 days/48 hours
    • Prods are
      36 hours
    • Replacements are
      12 hours
    • V/LA gives some leniency, but excessive V/LA will still warrant replacement.
    • If all slots don't post during a day, too bad!
    • If a slot needs replacement, clock still ticks!
  • ONCE in the game, if a majority of players ask, an extra
    24 hours
    will be given for the
    current phase
    (beit day or night).
  • Plurality lynch mechanics still apply.

• However,
    PLAYERS MAY VOTE FOR A NO-LYNCH AT ANY TIME.

• This game features a
    Dance Mechanic
    :
    • During the day, players may bold, "
      Dance with Playername
      ".
    • The player must either
      accept
      or
      reject
      the dance.
    • A player may only be involved with one dance per day, regardless of whether they are offering/rejecting/accepting/got rejected.
    • If a player
      accepts
      a dance, then the two players involved will become lovers for the duration of that day phase, and the immediately following night (e.g. D1+N1). They will gain a
      permanent
      private topic together. (This is also referred to as
      pairing up
      .)
    • If a player
      rejects
      a dance, no further dance offers may be made; any pending dance offers are null-and-void. The only valid votes become the player who offered the dance, the player who rejected the dance, and
      No Lynch
      . Votes on these three will not reset; all other votes will move to Not Voting. (This is also referred to as a
      duel
      .)
    • Due to the above, dance offers are "first come, first serve". Two people can't offer to dance with the same individual; an individual can't offer to dance with someone else if they were asked to dance; an individual can't be asked to dance if they already made a dance offer.
  • Once in the game, a
    Danceoff
    may occur:
    • To initiate a danceoff,
      every
      living player must be paired up with a dance partner (e.g. 12 alive, 6 pairs of dancers; 10 alive, 5 pairs of dancers). Duels do
      not
      count as being partnered up.
    • For the duration these conditions are met, at any point during the day phase, a dance pair may challenge a different dance pair to a danceoff.
    • Both members of the dance pair must challenge the same dance pair.
    • Both members of the challenged dance pair must accept the challenge.
    • If a danceoff is successfully declared (that is, all four consent), 24 hours are automatically added to the Day's deadline; all votes are reset; votes must be for "PAIR (Players)", "PAIR (Other Players)", or "No Lynch".
    • Regardless of lynching the challenging pair, the accepting pair, or neither pair, the gamethread will remain open for the duration of that night phase.
Coming to you:

...As soon as I find a co-mod!
(As a blitz game, it'll require someone who is online during the same times players are. I am not.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1324 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 am

Post by mastina »

Ehhh fuckit, I'll announce this idea even though it's not even remotely close to ready to run yet.

I'm planning on running a nine-game series of mini themes based on Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Each game will feature these five core mechanics:
-They will all be 9:4 town:mafia
-They will all be nightless
-They will all feature a modified White Flag mechanic where one specific scum player needs to be lynched to win
-They will all feature a mechanic around potions, turbos, blocks, Secret Levels, a conftown player, and combo powers; everything except combo powers will remain constant throughout the series and thus, every setup will be semiopen as a consequence.

I have no clue how to balance a nightless+white flag combo game, so it'll take me a while to hash out the details, but the first game will be the hardest to design; once I have it down, designing the other eight will be easy.

I'll make another announcement once the first game is ready.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1326 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1324, mastina wrote:Ehhh fuckit, I'll announce this idea even though it's not even remotely close to ready to run yet.

I'm planning on running a nine-game series of mini themes based on Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Each game will feature these five core mechanics:
-They will all be 9:4 town:mafia
-They will all be nightless
-They will all feature a modified White Flag mechanic where one specific scum player needs to be lynched to win
-They will all feature a mechanic around potions, turbos, blocks, Secret Levels, a conftown player, and combo powers; everything except combo powers will remain constant throughout the series and thus, every setup will be semiopen as a consequence.

I have no clue how to balance a nightless+white flag combo game, so it'll take me a while to hash out the details, but the first game will be the hardest to design; once I have it down, designing the other eight will be easy.

I'll make another announcement once the first game is ready.
(Should mention: the game series will, as part of the above, feature modified versions of the movement mechanic from Krazy's Starcraft game series, and the Block mechanic from Dunnstral's Rapier UPick.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1328 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1327, Gamma Emerald wrote:Will every game feature the same set of mechanics?
Yes. The only changes between games:
-The flavor of the scum needing to be lynched
-The flavor of some scum
-The flavor of the conftown player
-Which 12 other characters are in the game or exist as scum fakeclaims (which is mostly flavor)
-The exact nature of "Combos", which is this game series' power roles. (To give an example, the Jester's combo in one game might be a VT, but in a different game, be a Roleblocker. Combos are made to balance the game and will exist in the necessary ways to achieve this balance.)

Return to “Queue”