Scummers You Miss (Ahh, the memories)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Vi »

In post 2, Max wrote:I didn't even realise MeMe would have been around since you joined. It was like she left lifetimes ago.
Yeah, I feel like I need to ask about zakk's alt accounts right about now. (Dragon Phoenix and Fritzler, really? Stoofer??)

Also please take ReaperCharlie aka UberNinja off that list right the hell now. Whatever good he did is outweighed by his endless misogyny and harassment, plus the time he used social engineering to locate and crash a meet. I have no forgiveness.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Vi »

In post 6, shaft.ed wrote:too many people come and go
such is life
and they don't stop... oh, you know

I'd say it like this.
Everyone leaves. Maybe not today, but inevitably. Very rarely do they say goodbye.
Threads for people who have left are what they are, but it seems more productive to appreciate the people who are still in reach.

So, yeah. Thanks again to all the people who have hosted me over the years. None of you are forgotten and all of you have my gratitude for being
you
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Mon May 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Vi »

7 days with crash ignored:
1) Vi, 1954.51 days (Jan 12, 2009 - May 21, 2014)
2) LlamaFluff, 1953.78 days (Jan 13, 2009 - May 20, 2014)
3) xRECKONERx, 1892.06 days (Mar 15, 2009 - May 20, 2014)
Somehow I'm not surprised.~
I'm guessing I was reluctant to log onto a site called "mafiascum" on my parents' computer over winter break :V Otherwise I'd probably have a streak going right back to when I joined.

I always thought the discussion forums were full of awful people acting awful; that's why it took me like a year or two to start posting outside MD and games. I have no idea why I started posting in these parts; let alone, y'know, the rest. But the idea of this being a close-knit community never really occurred to me. I dunno, maybe I look too closely to believe in that sort of thing... or maybe it's a side effect of being on the front lines of combating antisocial behavior for a few years. Every time I felt like there was hope for the community - as with when I typed the Speakeasy intro post, the one that's stickied - within 24 hours someone would explode into angst to teach me what happens to optimists.

The people I miss most, and the experiences I enjoyed most, were all from actually playing Mafia. Up through about 2012 I met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun. But the meta shifted, CAPS LOCK happened, posts-per-day went way up, and I lost increasingly more free time with my job, so I stopped for a while. Then I came back and found myself more out of place, so I left again. Then bad life events happened but I came back anyway, and I haven't had a particularly good experience over there since. This is one more of those things where I enjoy the memories, but I don't miss it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Tue May 02, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Vi »

In post 76, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 68, Vi wrote:the meta shifted, CAPS LOCK happened
im still borderline sorry about that
don't be sorry about how you won a game of social manipulation by being good at social manipulation
I was part of generation wall o text
that was just as bad
Not as bad, but I'm glad
mandatory
walls of text ended.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Vi »

To be perfectly honest I'm 100% on board with shitposting and would be totally okay with a game where everyone was trying to out-troll each other, but I hate how when reading games I can't ever shake the sense that rather than "this person actually has a method to what they're doing" it's more like "this person is a moron and/or doesn't actually care about playing Mafia".

Basically, given the option, you should be Faraday.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #163 (isolation #5) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 162, chamber wrote:
In post 159, PJ. wrote:
In post 3, Vi wrote:
In post 2, Max wrote:I didn't even realise MeMe would have been around since you joined. It was like she left lifetimes ago.
Yeah, I feel like I need to ask about zakk's alt accounts right about now. (Dragon Phoenix and Fritzler, really? Stoofer??)

Also please take ReaperCharlie aka UberNinja off that list right the hell now. Whatever good he did is outweighed by his endless misogyny and harassment, plus the time he used social engineering to locate and crash a meet. I have no forgiveness.
Which meet did he crash?
Memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure Singer intentionally didn't give him the address to scummer of love and then he got it from someone else going?
That's the one. This is distinct from Baltomeet, which Reck was mentioning.

Return to “General Discussion”